The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
If Rasulo gets the job then I'm done, the only direction for the company to go in with him in charge is down. Its an absolute joke that he could even be considered for the position, he exemplifies everything that is wrong about Disney today.

He's the clear favorite to hear Burbank types talk. Iger loves him. Do you need to hear more?

Nubs70

I don't believe that splits are a measure of true health of a company. And I don't have the numbers on splits handy and @ParentsOf4 is on Spring Break at UNI!
If Yahoo finance is correct, Eisner had splits in 86, 92, and 98 each being 4:1, 4:1, and 3:1 respectively. Cumulatively, a 48:1 split if you held DIS since 85. DIS has not split since 98 and helps reinforce your feelings of Eisner's last six years. Eisner beats Iger 3-0 on number of splits and destroys on dividend payout.

Dang, you all beat me to it. Nice replies

WDW1974

Original Poster
So Ricky Bobby Brigante is enjoying his (what i assume) free stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort today. He posted a video of the family suite and I gotta say, I really love the look and feel of the resort. Rooms are probably on par or better than WDW moderate (definitely way above CBR) and they have a great 60's vibe to them. Will be interesting to see how the rooms hold up a year or 2 from now. I would stay here in a heartbeat.

You gotta love Ricky ... little rich boy that could pay his way getting freebies ... it is the American Dream at its best.

Wonder who else that live 10 minutes away were handed rooms.

Nubs70

I don't believe that splits are a measure of true health of a company. And I don't have the numbers on splits handy and @ParentsOf4 is on Spring Break at UNI!
The ability of a company to recover per share stock price after a split is a measure of health. If Iger split stock today how long would it take for stock price to return to today's closing price? If stock split would the price climb back in six years or would remain depressed like a low air entrained turd?

Based on Eisner's split performance, the next logical split would have been in 2004 but world events caused a different result. Iger as been in for 9 years and yet to develop performance to justify a split.

BrianLo

Lots of pitches. Nothing given the go-ahead yet ...

I will bet you anything that the first place to get something is not WDW.

Well that's a good thing, at least it decreases the odds of a cheap overlay.

Time to give the Subs, Autotopia and Innoventions the old heave hoe. Utilize the land for Star Wars and Frozen (maybe that will placate the Disney purists).

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You gotta love Ricky ... little rich boy that could pay his way getting freebies ... it is the American Dream at its best.

Wonder who else that live 10 minutes away were handed rooms.
That should be "Easy" to figure out....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Meanwhile at UNI...
Ej8Oyf8.gif

Minions rule!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I just don't see it either and I'm not a hater (nor did I overly love) Avatar. If it's done with as much detail and quality as Cars Land, my gut tells me it will be a hit regardless of the property it's tied to. People will see past that and like it for being a great, immersive addition. Anything short of that and it will be panned.

Which is why many of us are ALREADY panning it, Lasseter put his full weight behind Carsland, If reports from reliable sources are to be believed the TDO 'quality reduction squad' has already chopped the budget significantly with the only 'E-Ticket' attraction already axed.

Soooo, Not holding out for an AMAZING experience, IF it's completed i'm thinking FLE ie pretty but no substance.

RSoxNo1

Any updates on the new MK parade and the fire breathing dragon? It was reported here that the dragon stopped working after a day or so, is it really down for the count or was that just the usual fanboi exaggeration?
The fire breathing effect does not run if it's too windy. It looks like the effect is fully operational otherwise.

In other news, have people seen the latest commercial from Universal that shows off their Firebreathing dragon and Escape from Gringotts?

Lee

Adventurer
This is what you drop in for?

Not to talk about the season finale of Walking Dead ... or how Michael Eisner likes reading about himself!:)
Walking Dead...enjoyed it. No thanks, I don't want a plate. Not hungry...
BTW, I hope you did something special for my beloved, DD. We both know how easy it would be to replace you!:devilish::D:cool:
Of course. I started planning DD and I a vacation. In the complete opposite direction from WDW.

JimboJones123

There's actually 5 dark rides in Disneyland's Fantasyland; Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Alice In Wonderland, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Pinocchio's Daring Journey.

Plus Matterhorn, Small World, Storybookland Canal Boats, Casey Jr. Circus Train (two actual trains on a track instead of a water fountain), Teacups, Dumbo, Carousel, Castle Walkthru, Princess Fantasy Faire miniland, Frozen and Merida meet n' greets n' games, Fantasyland Theater Stage Show, shops and restaurants. And a designated smoking area.

And when you add in adjoining Mickey's Toontown, which is valid since the New Fantasyland at WDW took over the space and rides of their old Mickey's Toontown, you just added another excellent dark ride (The Sixth!); Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, plus Gadget's Go Coaster, Mickey's House & Movie Barn elaborate meet n' greet, and the handful of playgrounds and interactive areas for the rest of the Fab Five; Minnie, Goofy, Donald.

It's very easy to spend a half day in Disneyland's Fantasyland/Toontown. Even if you want to go on the rides there, and forget about the shows or meet n' greets, you pretty much have to spend a half day. And the funniest part? The only thing with Fastpass in Disneyland's Fantasyland/Toontown is Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. NOTHING else has Fastpass there, compared to WDW where I think the only thing left without Fastpass is the Carousel.

The difference in long term operating philosophies between Anaheim and Orlando is at it's most glaringly different in Fantasyland.
I wanted to make sure that this post gets a second glance for anybody that may have missed it.

Just swinging next door to neighboring Tomorrowland, and you have a full day. A much better Autopia. Star Tours. Superior Space Mt. A vastly superior Buzz. A throw away 3D movie. Rockets. Nemo Subs. Jedi Training/Live Music. I may be in the minority, but I REALLY enjoyed the Marvel experience inside Innoventions last time I visited. That was when it was only the Iron Man experience. Plus Redd Rockett's (unstable name), which is a vastly superior CS to the Lunching Pad and Cosmic Rays.

Disneyland blows me away any time I match it up with WDW.

NearTheEars

Or at pretty much any Fantasyland at any other Disney castle park on earth, almost all of which have quality child friendly attractions unlike those built thus far at FLE.

I dunno, I've been through the Belle thing a few times and kids seem to love being part of the show, proud to hold up those cutouts. Moms, dads, grandparents all joining in on the fun. IMO I'd say that attraction/show has been a success.

stevehousse

Speaking of Frozen attractions, since everyone seems to love (puke) turning Maelstrom into a Frozen attraction, has there been any mentioning of retheming The Matterhorn at DL to Frozen?!? (Puke)

Cesar R M

So Ricky Bobby Brigante is enjoying his (what i assume) free stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort today. He posted a video of the family suite and I gotta say, I really love the look and feel of the resort. Rooms are probably on par or better than WDW moderate (definitely way above CBR) and they have a great 60's vibe to them. Will be interesting to see how the rooms hold up a year or 2 from now. I would stay here in a heartbeat.
I wish they could put even more pressure on Disney's hotels to reduce their rates. They are really not worth without the usual 20-30% discounts imho.

Except that much of what goes on is interconnected. WDW doesn't operate in a vacuum. Many fans don't understand how large media and entertainment companies work. And, FWIW, I see very few discussions in News and Rumours that stay on the original topic after a handful of pages.

We were having what I felt was a very topical, fascinating and entertaining discussion on TWDC's current and prior CEOs and suddenly someone was posting their fantasy of Disney making large scale Star Wars projects a reality at WDW. And then that went off the rails ...

If I did independent threads on this site on every little tidbit (some bigger than others ...I'm sure you realize news has been broken in this thread many times and it isn't one of my best efforts), then you might have 25 Spirited threads going on at one time on just this board. That's not anything I want to get into.

If people can't keep up with one thread, then no one says they have to stay in it. I also think that line is largely BS because you wouldn't get the numbers if people were unable to follow. They'd give up.

Steve, I don't care how many numbers we get. That's your department.I do want the attention and the eyeballs. They are good for both the site and me. But I'm much more interested in having one place where forum members can go and talk about the news of the day in the entertainment business, but mostly Disney. Just like Eddie Sotto, who much like me also hasn't been an Imagineer in the 21st century, wanted a thread to discuss WDI (well, except for any real world political battles there) and design.

And let's recall, that I started doing the catch all threads to try and keep the nastiness and vitriol down by the folks who view Disney as a religion and cannot separate themselves from the BRAND and take my views as personal attacks on them instead of simply a critical view of the company. These threads are incredibly easy to avoid.

FWIW, I think it happens to be working because this thread is now 342 pages and, for the first time ever, I haven't been attacked and we haven't had numerous trolls come visit.

Well, There have been some stains there and here. But I agree that it hasnt been this bad.. at least not on this forum thread.

OMG>>>They have to get that for WDW!!!!
Second!, Id love to take a photo with him :D

TP2000

I wanted to make sure that this post gets a second glance for anybody that may have missed it.

Just swinging next door to neighboring Tomorrowland, and you have a full day. A much better Autopia. Star Tours. Superior Space Mt. A vastly superior Buzz. A throw away 3D movie. Rockets. Nemo Subs. Jedi Training/Live Music. I may be in the minority, but I REALLY enjoyed the Marvel experience inside Innoventions last time I visited. That was when it was only the Iron Man experience. Plus Redd Rockett's (unstable name), which is a vastly superior CS to the Lunching Pad and Cosmic Rays.

Disneyland blows me away any time I match it up with WDW.

Miceage had an interesting article today comparing the number of "rides" at WDW to the number of rides at Disneyland Resort. This was just talking about rides, not theater shows like the Tiki Room or Captain EO or Mr. Lincoln or Impressions de France. As you can imagine, it wasn't a fair fight and WDW collapsed under the weight of all those MagicBands. http://micechat.com/62614-which-disney-park-has-the-most-rides/

For those who don't want to read that article, the Miceage answer to the interesting question "Which Disney property has the most rides?"...

Walt Disney World
Total Thrill Rides: 12
Total Rides Unique to WDW: 23
Total Rides At All Four WDW Parks Combined: 50

Disneyland Resort
Total Thrill Rides: 11
Total Rides Unique to DLR: 30
Total Rides At Both Disneyland Resort Parks Combined: 57

Of course, you and I knew that @JimboJones123 , but it's always shocking for those who have only visited WDW and just assume it has more rides. It doesn't, and perhaps never will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom