The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
lol. You keep telling yourself that, we all have our own DDD's.

Why are you wishing back problems upon us?

Did it end up with you opening the window ala Graham Chapman, au natural, to a host of people standing on your lawn asking if you were the messiah?

On the plus side of the Python rumor, think of table service restaurant they could have based on Meaning of Life. Reading this website as often as I do, I'm fairly certain that most WDW guests look just like Mr. Creosote just before his wafer thin mint.

Well, the line, "He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy", didn't test will with families. I believe Mr. Creosote will be incorporated into the new Habit Heroes attraction.

PeterAlt

Did it end up with you opening the window ala Graham Chapman, au natural, to a host of people standing on your lawn asking if you were the messiah?

On the plus side of the Python rumor, think of table service restaurant they could have based on Meaning of Life. Reading this website as often as I do, I'm fairly certain that most WDW guests look just like Mr. Creosote just before his wafer thin mint.
Wow. I'm having visions of Disney guests onboard the luxury Disney space liner... You know... The one from Wall-E.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Well, the line, "He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy", didn't test will with families. I believe Mr. Creosote will be incorporated into the new Habit Heroes attraction.
He'd be perfect for the very inclusive version of Habit Heroes!

In the new Python land, "Guest Services" would be slightly renamed to be the "Argument Clinic". Just like everything else Disney does these days, it'd be exactly what exists now, just slightly renamed to fit the theme.

PeterAlt

Not in this lifetime or this universe.
I mean in that moment of time when we are thrilled and over-joyed about how great Avatar turned out. That will last how long? Then, we will go back to b****ing about how crappy things are, which will remind us about all those things we had temporary forgiven them about.

Iger doesn't want that to happen.

PeterAlt

I have not been on in a while ... it's frustrating to never see any news or rumors or forward momentum. However, I checked back in today and read through some of this topic ... and well ... nothing has changed ... oh wait it's worse ... apparently Rasulo is next in line?! GAH!!

I can't believe WDW/TDO is even draining my love for this site and community!
If Rasulo takes Iger's job, I'll make local headline news for doing something peaceful yet outrageously stupid.

(I'm not that crazy)

Ignohippo

I fear it will be immediately dismissed by a sizable number of guests daily that are just apathetic about the movie and confused how it fits in the park.

You mean those guests who spent almost $100 to get in to the park and want to get the most out of the money they spent?

It wouldn't matter if the name slapped on the side was "Pia Zadora And Her Flying Camel". If it's the new E-ticket (or two), everyone will be clamoring to check it out regardless of what the theme is.

Besides, the hype train should be rolling out by then, so Avatar will be in the public eye much more than it is now.

Cesar R M

If Rasulo gets the job then I'm done, the only direction for the company to go in with him in charge is down. Its an absolute joke that he could even be considered for the position, he exemplifies everything that is wrong about Disney today.
Well, you know how it works these days.. wall street says all!
then when a Wall street bubble comes up.. BOOM!, since no base .. means nothing to sustain the weight..

With April Fools day approaching tomorrow, it's probably prudent to remind everyone to be on your guard from the imminent BS that is liable to happen everywhere. So if anyone tries to tell you that Horizons is coming back or the Adventurers Club is reopening (or other such obvious or less obvious bull), remember what day it is. Same goes for any other thing out there besides Disney.
I still wonder why Americans expect worldwide people to do jokes on april's fools too.
Pretty sure most countries have their own ones ( Mexico's april fools or dia de Santos inocentes.. is in the 28 of december.. day of the supposed massacre of innocents by romans on orders from Herodes)
Still, I've seen some very outrageous jokes and bad taste pranks on April's fools D:

No it will be the NSAnet in the US, KGBnet in Russian Federation, etc
SOPAnet maybe?
Where the censoring and the joke of "protecting Copyright" destroys the fair usage in the internet...

I'm going to take this post and put it out on Twitter that a very respected and knowledgeable insider that I trust has stated that Disney is pursuing the rights to creating an immersive Monty Python themed area.

I want to see how long it takes for it to pop back up on here in the News and Rumors section as fact.
I hope they do not add the Killer Rabbits.. they are animals but.. deadly..
Will they also add an attraction to see who can shop more members from the black knight with a giant battle axe?
Also pretty sure the Cow Throwing contest with catapults will be a very popular attraction!

PeterAlt

Just thinking of the half day that can be spent in Disneyland's Fantasyland.....

Ugh....
Alice in Wonderland and Small World are the only two worth spending half-day for. Toontown is also worth spending time at.

I would spend the entire day just to ride DL's Pirates or Space Mountain just once!

Buzz Light Year is definitely worth spending time checking out. Big Thunder has new effects worth checking out...

Cars Land is worth returning to DCA for...

PeterAlt

No, I'll say it again. Hardly

DAK needs more than an Omnimax, a boat ride, glowing plants and a night show. They'll help, but triple - at least - the investment and you'll have a word class theme park. You know, like Disney used to build?

Pandora is a start but not the holy grail some think it will be.
I agree with WDWDad13 here. I also agree with you that it's a start. It's a Big Bang of a start, though.

Avatar is for DAK as Cars Land is for DCA.

Avatar and all the rest coming to DAK is equal to DCA 2.0. These projects will turn DAK into DAK 2.0.

EE is the equivalent to when DCA got their version of Tower of Terror.

ABQ

...and management

Please let the record show I am not 100% pro Disney on everything!
Certainly you are not. You're critical of them like most, however, in simplest terms, I'd say you're glass half full rather than empty. I think your sparring partner this last couple days, @marni1971 is critical while being somewhat positive as well, though not to the degree you are. He'll toss out a link to one of his videos showcasing the awesomeness of the past to both show what can be done but also what isn't done any longer.

Goofyernmost

2) Mag
But, back to FP+...there's nothing wrong with the system. It's neat and it works well. It's far more likely to be taken advantage of by people who know the parks (for example, regulars at MK are FAR more likely to get a Peter Pan FP+ then those who think that the teacups are a terrible wait...)

But, it is what it is. I enjoyed it. I don't see it as a bad thing for those who are staying on site. Criticisms that it hurts guests who stay offsite are valid, and frankly...I don't care. Disney doesn't have capacity issues with the parks, and it shouldn't manage as if it did.

Those who say it's unfair, I'd point out that staying at a "deluxe" (since there are about to be two levels) Universal hotel grants you UNLIMITED FASTPASS...and yes, you can buy it if you stay offsite, but if you do, you may as well pay to stay onsite. Disney is using the same exact tactic (without marketing it to you every 20 feet, like they do with Express Pass at Uni).

Summary

Is it a massive financial failure? As marketed to the general public (that it would drive per guest spending up)...probably, actually, it's hard to say it wasn't a failure.

But, is it a failure as a whole? I would say no. I think, in this case, the executives are quite aware of these issues, and this is the trojan horse they used to sell it to the outside world (namely investors).

But, that's my opinion. And, for the record, I largely am not a fan of MM+...and I've voiced that several times. However...

Like it, or hate it...MM+ is, as has been mentioned, "too big to fail"...but it's a lot more than plastic bracelets and phone apps.
I just felt it was important to point out the the Unlimited FP at Uni, is far more of a individual perk then FP+. FP+, with the exception of timing concerning reserving, is far less of a deal at WDW then the Unlimited is at Uni. At Uni., it is a FP for every FP attraction, how ever often you want to go on it, whatever time of day you get to it. We all know what FP+ offers, onsite or offsite, it's pretty much the same. The purchased "limited" passes at Uni. will allow you to ride each and every FP attraction once per purchase, but still whatever time of the day you get to it.

If or when Uni. has as many rooms available onsite as Disney they will have to change that system. They will literally kill each attraction due to far to many people attempting front of the line with absolutely no control over when they get there. Talk about a nightmare in the making, that sure would be one.

As for the "failure" of MM+. Seriously, all anyone is looking at is park admission bands and fastpass. It should be obvious that MM+ is much more then that to Disney. It is a good tool for them but the interfacing of so many other aspects is what brings in it's value to them. At any rate, even if it is at 2 Billion, I'm thinking that the way it is currently working is telling them that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Lots and lots of bugs have been found and are being worked out. Some of the problems from the beginning are no longer being reported and new ones are cropping up and being addressed as well. When looked at in a tunnel vision manner, like "not enough fastpasses" or the lines are longer and then stating "it's a failure" is just silly. All that can be worked out and all the IT guys and gals know it. It's just that so many do not like change and this is a big one. It will be rough sailing for Disney for a few years, but in the end, it will prove itself to be exactly what they wanted it to be. So, you are absolutely correct, it isn't going away.

Why is everyone so concerned about the length of the test period? Doesn't it make sense to get everything to function during a time when it is easier to make changes then to declare it official and then overhaul it.

I think he meant more about how WDW has been left to die the past 5 years and is literally falling apart and show issues are still just as bad as they were a few years back. A new land isn't going erase a memory of the fall of park maintenance.
In order to have anything erased from memory people have to have a knowledge that it exists to begin with. Of all the Disney Guests those of us that have even an inkling that there is anything wrong are such a small insignificant number that it won't even matter.

I do see a decline from the beginning, but, honestly, certainly not as huge as it is being made out to be. Cuts are bad... for sure! Less entertainment is bad... for sure, but, if one never knew they existed to begin with (which is the case with most) they see nothing to alter how they feel about it. @englanddg, I think, posted a You tube presentation of a themed park in the UK. Really, it is an eye opener concerning what the regular non-Disney obsessed population considers to be a fun place. If nothing else it sure brings it into focus.

My point is that comparatively speaking almost no one is even going to have a memory of the fall. To them it never did. Just speaking reality here.

doctornick

I agree with WDWDad13 here. I also agree with you that it's a start. It's a Big Bang of a start, though.

Avatar is for DAK as Cars Land is for DCA.

Avatar and all the rest coming to DAK is equal to DCA 2.0. These projects will turn DAK into DAK 2.0.

EE is the equivalent to when DCA got their version of Tower of Terror.

I actually think that in terms of quality additions that Pandora and the night show will be roughly equivalent to Cars Land and WoC for DCA. And will significantly help it. The problem is that DAK needs more help that that, specifically more things to do. Where are the equivalents to the Monsters Inc dark ride, A Bug's Land, TSMM and Little Mermaid rides, Red Line Trolleys, etc -- DCA got a lot of smaller additions over the years in addition to the headliners and that was also a big part of the turnaround. DAK needs to have a day parade (which DCA has always had) as well as a lot of smaller attractions to fully flesh out the park.

Stevek

So Ricky Bobby Brigante is enjoying his (what i assume) free stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort today. He posted a video of the family suite and I gotta say, I really love the look and feel of the resort. Rooms are probably on par or better than WDW moderate (definitely way above CBR) and they have a great 60's vibe to them. Will be interesting to see how the rooms hold up a year or 2 from now. I would stay here in a heartbeat.

NomeKing88

Can I just throw this out there? Does anyone suspect that WDW is now going to try and mooch off of Universal's offerings (Harry Potter, new hotel, future water park, attractions, etc.)? I mean, all WDW has to offer this summer is 7dmr and a new parade. Will they even NEED to build new attractions if Universal is bringing in the tourists?

Since millions of tourists are going to FLOOD orlando specifically to see Harry Potter, maybe WDW is thinking "Of COURSE they will want to visit WDW during their trip, it's practically mandatory when visiting Orlando." Maybe that's why they raised parking prices? Anyways, I think that's an accurate assumption to some extent. I'm sure tourists will visit MK and EP and those parks will be fine in attendance, but as for AK and DHS…? I wouldn't be surprised if their attendance drops significantly.

I'm going to assume tourists will spend 2-3 days at Universal and 2-3 days at WDW. Even split.

lazyboy97o

Can I just throw this out there? Does anyone suspect that WDW is now going to try and mooch off of Universal's offerings (Harry Potter, new hotel, future water park, attractions, etc.)? I mean, all WDW has to offer this summer is 7dmr and a new parade. Will they even NEED to build new attractions if Universal is bringing in the tourists?

Since millions of tourists are going to FLOOD orlando specifically to see Harry Potter, maybe WDW is thinking "Of COURSE they will want to visit WDW during their trip, it's practically mandatory when visiting Orlando." Maybe that's why they raised parking prices? Anyways, I think that's an accurate assumption to some extent. I'm sure tourists will visit MK and EP and those parks will be fine in attendance, but as for AK and DHS…? I wouldn't be surprised if their attendance drops significantly.

I'm going to assume tourists will spend 2-3 days at Universal and 2-3 days at WDW. Even split.
That was assumed in 2010 and did not really play out.

Stevek

I would assume that Disney will benefit from any uptick in tourism to Orlando. The question is will there be any type of shift from those visiting where people will now spend 2-3 days at Uni versus their entire time at WDW. I can tell you right now that if we ever go back, I would strongly consider staying at Cabana Bay versus on property at WDW. That's not something I would have considered before my recent visit last week and what I'm seeing with this new Uni resort. I pulled a random weekend in October just to get an idea on pricing and their top tier room, a family suite with pool view was just over $200 per night. I just paid $183 for a King room at WDW Caribbean Beach Resort which doesn't even come close to the quality of Cabana Bay Beach, based on what little I've seen of it so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom