The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

GiveMeTheMusic

Yeah, I don't get it either. Bonus benefits like cranky tourists, crying babies, kids running all over, strollers the size of parade float, go figure. ;)

God bless them. I forgive them for spewing incorrect information constantly because of what they have to deal with on a daily basis. I can't even imagine.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wild rumor I heard....

DHS expansion into the parking lot?
New parking built across World Drive?
New park entrance built into the backlot?
Bridge with walkways and shuttles being built over World Drive to bring people to new entrance?
Parking Lot expansion Star Wars Land?

I know there are some major parking concerns at DHS, especially during the holidays. We saw it for sure during the Villains party.

Maybe one of the big hesitations with adding Carsland, SW, Pixar Place, ect. is that there simply isn't enough parking spaces if attendance bumps 10-25%?
These plans have been swirling since before Sunset was finished.

I believe there's more chance today of decked parking on some of the existing lot.

MerlinTheGoat

Oh I get it. He's Anakin Skywalker.

I didn't buy it.

And I still think Frozen's lack of a true villain was better storytelling.

Sorry I don't want to agree with you.

That upset you, bro?
I didn't tell you I wanted you to agree with me, I'm giving you reasons I enjoyed Gaston and hated Hans and am telling you to construct your own argument. Instead of just trying to just mock people who don't agree with you. I don't buy Hans because of horrid writing, a bad twist, and he didn't even need to exist at all.

Gaston isn't like Anakin Skywalker in the slightest, even if you didn't like Gaston it's a ridiculous comparison to make. Anakin Skywalker's plot was a good guy turned bad. A character arc that COULD have been pulled off correctly with the proper writing and acting, but completely ruined by the abysmal writing, acting and pacing of the prequels. But no, Gaston is just an arrogant jerk in the beginning that turned far worse in the end (he was always a jerk, but his arc eventually tips him over the edge to complete evil nutcase). Not even remotely comparable. Unlike the Star Wars prequels, Beauty and the Beast had really great writing and competent film making/acting overall. Which is why that worked so well, it was an interesting idea that was almost a parody of the Disney hero stereotypes bolstered by good character development and overall writing. In the end, Gaston definitely falls into a villain stereotype (and you could probably also easily suspect he's up to no good), but it was still a much funner journey to see him get there because of the surrounding movie's overall quality of storytelling. Gaston is also quite a funny guy with a particularly catchy and entertaining song behind him.

I would have been completely fine with Frozen lacking a villain entirely. The problem is that it didn't, I was enjoying the lack of a forefront evil dude except for the obvious nagging assurance that Hans was eventually going to come out with the bland "haha I was the bad guy all along, what a twist". So it was a massive disappointment to see them go with something so obvious, stock and badly written. It wasn't shocking to me at all considering the blatant and non-subtle way they built it up.

No i'm not upset you don't agree with me (or with all the people who like Olaf). The only thing i'm upset with is that Hans was a horribly written and shoehorned in villain to a movie that could have actually worked fine without one.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

I'll be surprised if we even see any more expansions apart from Avatar for a long time now that nextgen has ballooned out of control budget wise. Now it's all cuts cuts cuts everywhere and they're unlikely to spend money investing in the parks. Are there even any plans for a DHS expansion anymore with a decent chance of getting past blue sky and greenlit?

TP2000

They really need to switch the Drawing Class with the always empty Mushu theater. Disneyland's drawing class is in a theater like that and it works out great. They have smaller papers and Lapboards. They also have a scheduled list of characters that they draw, and with the bigger venue, they can hold more guests for the more popular characters.

Agreed that Animation Academy at California Adventure works better in the larger venue they use, with steeply raked seating levels that allow everyone to see the animator in their "design studio" better. And the signage out front that announces the schedule for the day of what characters will be drawn at which show time is very helpful.

The DCA version of Animation Academy uses the same set and screens used for Drawn To Animation at DHS. When DCA first opened, they showed the Mushu film in here.
DCA2-092.jpg

The DCA theater seems like it seats at least double the amount the smaller DHS theater does.

But beware! Last week I went in there with some family and the pre-show lobby was packed and we barely made the cut to get in for the next show. Everyone in the lobby was hyped and frantic to get a good seat because... we were drawing Olaf from Frozen! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TP2000

A quick scan of two pictures of the different Animation Academy theaters on each coast, like this one from DHS shows the difference in seating capacity. There's a big difference in numbers between the coasts for this attraction.

animation.jpg

There appear to be 38 seats in the DHS theater (three rows of 10 seats, with a fourth row down front with 8 seats)

There appear to be 150+ seats in the DCA theater (each seating section shown in the previous post has three wide cushions that create a seat space, each row has between 6 and 11 seating sections for 18 to 33 seats per row in seven steeply banked rows)

So the DCA theater has almost four times the seating capacity as the DHS version. Perhaps that's why they don't publicize openly at DHS which character will be drawn at which show, because the DHS theater can't handle the demand for the most popular characters?

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Wild rumor I heard....

DHS expansion into the parking lot?
New parking built across World Drive?
New park entrance built into the backlot?
Bridge with walkways and shuttles being built over World Drive to bring people to new entrance?
Parking Lot expansion Star Wars Land?

I know there are some major parking concerns at DHS, especially during the holidays. We saw it for sure during the Villains party.

Maybe one of the big hesitations with adding Carsland, SW, Pixar Place, ect. is that there simply isn't enough parking spaces if attendance bumps 10-25%?
I admit parking is an issue for DHS.

The last I heard about why Star Wars Land isn't happening yet though isn't caused by parking based on WDW1974 mentioned in the past.

I think its going to a while before any of the rumors you mention are going to happen in terms of construction though. There is budget issues with WDW right now and going to be for a long time at this point because of the cost of Mymagic Plus is increasing. That is going to be the hang up fixing the parking problem for DHS.

I have no idea on what the cost Disney Springs is going to end up besides the construction with Avatar. Hopefully there would be some budget space for DHS after Disney Spring Springs and Avatar is done.

aladdin2007

The last I heard about why Star Wars Land isn't happening yet though isn't caused by parking based on WDW1974 mentioned in the past.

I think its going to a while before any of the rumors you mention are going to happen in terms of construction though. There is budget issues with WDW right now and going to be for a long time at this point because of the cost of Mymagic Plus is increasing. That is going to be the hang up fixing the parking problem for DHS.

I have no idea on what the cost Disney Springs is going to end up besides the construction with Avatar. Hopefully there would be some budget space for DHS after Disney Spring Springs and Avatar is done.

And for those reasons the Hat is probably staying put too for now. sigh

doctornick

These plans have been swirling since before Sunset was finished.

I believe there's more chance today of decked parking on some of the existing lot.

Which would be less pretty, but more practical. Putting most/all of the parking on the other side of World Dr seems like a massive undertaking with little upside.

I'm assuming there isn't any practical usable land to simple expand the surface lots at DHS, right?

JimboJones123

Budget Quick Fix--
Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend.

First weekend of SWW add another race.

It sounds like RunDisney is single handedly keeping the whole WDW compound in business at this point.

jlsHouston

A quick scan of two pictures of the different Animation Academy theaters on each coast, like this one from DHS shows the difference in seating capacity. There's a big difference in numbers between the coasts for this attraction.

animation.jpg

There appear to be 38 seats in the DHS theater (three rows of 10 seats, with a fourth row down front with 8 seats)

There appear to be 150+ seats in the DCA theater (each seating section shown in the previous post has three wide cushions that create a seat space, each row has between 6 and 11 seating sections for 18 to 33 seats per row in seven steeply banked rows)

So the DCA theater has almost four times the seating capacity as the DHS version. Perhaps that's why they don't publicize openly at DHS which character will be drawn at which show, because the DHS theater can't handle the demand for the most popular characters?

We "discovered" this attraction last November. Somebody who is an artist posted a thread of the pic his daughter did on this forum....Drew Pluto last year and we did Mickey this time. We are totally enamored of the queue and the class. I think this is one of my most favorite attractions.

WDWFanDave

Does anyone know, at any given point, how many transportation busses (guests and cast member) are running at WDW during the day?

Sorry, can't resist.

Begin sarcasm:
One driver/bus for each resort.
End sarcasm.

That's why we drove to Florida the last two years...rode the bus once because my 7yo wanted to...even she disliked how long it took and didn't want to ride on it again.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Monday Musings:

Nope, I can't keep up with this thread. Trying ...

So, did you see the placed WSJ piece designed to tell Wall Street that the Iger succession plans are either BAD (Tom Staggs) or WORSE (Jay Rasulo)?

Believe that it is what Iger wants. Do not believe that it will happen unless you wish to give up all hope of Disney ever attaining greatness again.

Melissa McBride deserves serious Emmy consideration for playing Carol on Walking Dead. She won't get it. But last night showed yet again that unlike some on that show, she can actually act.

So, lemme get this straight (also the Jeopardy answer to ... nevermind) Mrs. Ricky's husband is starting a second site, so he can be naughty without negatively impacting his relationship with Disney? Yes, you can all start laughing now.

Nope. Not wearing green today. Not even socks or undies.

It seems that a major Disney project once thought DoA is anything but and is moving through the developmental process quite quickly. Oh, don't get excited. It surely isn't anything for WDW and I will call you Shirley ... I've called some of you a lot worse before!

For those who love to plan the demise of network TV, Sunday nights are a great example of why that won't be happening anytime soon. There's so much quality content to choose from on the Big Four and that doesn't count cable.

Anyone out there seriously believe we actually had a recovery from the 2008 depression? You're wrong if you do, but I'm just curious if we have any one (if we do they're likely battling Sloppy in that thread on why some people shouldn't have lives!)

I want to congratulate my little buddy @EPCOT Explorer on his first ever stay on WDW property, even if it wasn't a WDW owned and operated resort he has moved up in the world! But those Tweets ... seriously, oh vey, I thought I was gonna puke.

I once talked about something called the 'Pixie Dust Cartel' ... and largely it speaks to the crazy emotional bond that many WDW visitors have with a BRAND. It is insane on so many levels.

To my west-coast pals, whole lotta shaking this morning?:eek::D:cool:

OK, it seems like those Little Mermaid changes at DCA will be making their way east ... at some point. That could mean in 2015 ... or 2018 ... or 2020.

I'd look for something BIG and Spirited later this year. To be clear, the above comment has very little to do with Disney.

If it isn't one thing, well, it is another.

OK, we are smack dab in the middle of spring break for colleges in the USA and spring training for MLB teams in Florida ... and ... any breathless reports of three hour waits for attractions?

That means other than the Anna and Elsa cosplay deal at Epcot. Seriously, how mentally ill must an adult be to pay $100 a day (or less) and stand in a line for 2-3-4 hours to meet college co-eds playing dress up?

Will there be any nudity on Ricky's new site? Like Lifestyler Centerfolds (we all want to see that, don't we?:geek::cry::rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom