The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

71jason

I have heard that one of J.K's issues with Disney was how they handled the Star Wars characters and, yes, I am deadly serious about that.

The woman is so fiercely protective of her characters/brand that she won't allow walk-around versions of actual book characters and banned Coke products from all shops in the Wizarding World (even the breakrooms). I can't see her being pleased with a Donald-as-Draco pin or Hermione on stage shaking her to "I'm Sexy and I Know It."

WDW1974

Original Poster
Is this the year that DCA or one of the UNI parks leapfrogs one of the worlds? If not this year watch out AK next year.

Could be.

DCA is quite likely and I would say it's possible for one of the UNI parks as well. But next year is more likely for that.

StageFrenzy

Ya and valet is 25 per day. It's worth it to pay the 7 dollars to get valet. There is def a parking problem there as well I agree. Resort fee? Nah they nickel and dime guests to death instead. They should just have a 50 dollar resort fee or something like that or a 20 dollar per day resort fee, but they love making there money on refrigerators, microwaves, gym fee, rollaway beds and parking. Hell they are even trying to charge people that request for more coffee in there rooms. So as overpriced as Disney's resorts are at least all those amenities are included. Not justifying the 500 a night rates at the lagoon resorts of course.

Pretty much my thoughts. I believe there should be a parking fee ooorr a resort fee, but not both and preferably neither.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Ya and valet is 25 per day. It's worth it to pay the 7 dollars to get valet. There is def a parking problem there as well I agree. Resort fee? Nah they nickel and dime guests to death instead. They should just have a 50 dollar resort fee or something like that or a 20 dollar per day resort fee, but they love making there money on refrigerators, microwaves, gym fee, rollaway beds and parking. Hell they are even trying to charge people that request for more coffee in there rooms. So as overpriced as Disney's resorts are at least all those amenities are included. Not justifying the 500 a night rates at the lagoon resorts of course.

I'll gladly take what UNI offers ... even with that nickel and diming that you speak of, it doesn't add up to what a discounted Disney room costs.

And I love it when I get TM rooms for $50. I'll gladly pay for parking ... and I don't need that other stuff, although when at RP last fall we asked for a fridge and one was delivered for free.

Scuttle

I'll gladly take what UNI offers ... even with that nickel and diming that you speak of, it doesn't add up to what a discounted Disney room costs.

And I love it when I get TM rooms for $50. I'll gladly pay for parking ... and I don't need that other stuff, although when at RP last fall we asked for a fridge and one was delivered for free.
Agreed, nothing was better then my stay at south beach for 50 a night. That Loews is amazing and truly in one of the best locations possible.

71jason

I wish NBC wasn't running Revolution like it didn't care. It isn't an 8 p.m. show.

Unlike Agents of SHIELD or Walking Dead, which at this point I hate-watch, I so want to like this show. This week, for instance, the Guantanamo and Miles-Bas scenes were great. Even last week's imaginary gy dog story had some funny in-jokes. But then we'll get 20 minutes an episode of someone having to be rescued again...

At the risk of burying this, and this is just informed rumour, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another hard ticket party at WDW THIS YEAR.

If it's the Halloween party at DHS, will seemingly be the third big win with fanbois this year, following the new parade (had not heard about the dragon, but chatter among locals is positive) and the 24-hour party. Follow that up with a Trader Sam's announcement by year's end, you might see Twitter melt down.

Did Robert Niles (who has a truly lovely mother who gave me truly amazing cupcakes) try and stir up traff...I mean trouble by suggesting that a Thor meet-greet-and-grope was coming to TPFKaTD-MGMS?

The contract is online. Thor is covered, despite all non-lawyer ramblings to the contrary.

You know, for a phoning it in session, I sorta think this wasn't so bad.

Much like an episode of Justified, even the bad ones are pretty much better than anything else out there.

Scuttle

It's not hard btw. Any non pixie dusters that are willing to actually venture outside that "blessing of size" who want to get a free fridge just call star service and ask for a fridge to keep your meds cold or baby food. Works every time and as someone who knows how many fridges are on property don't feel bad they have plenty! ;)

PhotoDave219

Oh, forgot to mention that the awesome fire-breathing dragon in the MK's first new parade since 2001 (before FB, before smart phones, before Lifestylers, before our Constitution was used as toilet paper by two straight administrations, before WDW was even that stale) didn't make it a week with the fire effect working.

I was there today and very ed it wasnt working.

(See other thread)

the.dreamfinder

You have to go outside the company.

Disney is so insular. But you don't get CHANGE without bringing in outsiders. Remember, 1984 ...

FWIW, I do believe they will go outside the company, despite the lobbying by Rasulo and Staggs for the job ... Bob Iger was a controversial and forced choice and now the company's stock is being traded at what Wall Street folks term an 'Iger premium'
Alan Horn and Kathleen Kennedy.

How's Zenia Mucha doing?

WDW1974

Original Poster
I was there today and very ed it wasnt working.

(See other thread)

You think I have time for other threads?!?!

Seriously, I have stayed away because I want to see the parade in person at some point and I don't want to have seen all these pictures and talk about it.

But not having that thing working now is just sad. What is it, Phil.M.Holmes@Disney.com ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Alan Horn and Kathleen Kennedy.

How's Zenia Mucha doing?

I think highly of the movie folks, but as I have said here (and told you in private) Alan isn't moving anywhere but out of the company. He is basically considered to be 117 in Disney years.

Kathleen ... well, I'm not sure the BoD views her as someone to run the empire, which is strange to me.

Zenia ... I hope she hasn't been hit by a truck. If she had been, she'd bounce back up anyhow since I have doubts whether she is actually of this world!:devilish::greedy::eek:

the.dreamfinder

I think highly of the movie folks, but as I have said here (and told you in private) Alan isn't moving anywhere but out of the company. He is basically considered to be 117 in Disney years.

Kathleen ... well, I'm not sure the BoD views her as someone to run the empire, which is strange to me.

Zenia ... I hope she hasn't been hit by a truck. If she had been, she'd bounce back up anyhow since I have doubts whether she is actually of this world!:devilish::greedy::eek:
That said, I'm generally not comfortable with Sheryl Sandberg. Sounds like MT Carney all over again, but at least MyMagic+ will work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom