The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

SirLink

They get a "pass" for not taking into account the relative expense of propane (a pittance compared to fireworks) or the possibility that there might be balloons along the parade route??? Did they design a generic parade to be run in the desert only to be told, "oh no, let's run it down MSUSA"?

If the fire effect can't be used on a daily basis, the parade designer is a failure. It's as simple as that.

I heard some chatter that the floats were hitting the floor in the parade route? I think we all know the answer to the question.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They get a "pass" for not taking into account the relative expense of propane (a pittance compared to fireworks) or the possibility that there might be balloons along the parade route??? Did they design a generic parade to be run in the desert only to be told, "oh no, let's run it down MSUSA"?

If the fire effect can't be used on a daily basis, the parade designer is a failure. It's as simple as that.

Oh I agree that the design is a #FAIL from a show perspective, And on this board we all know I am the LEAST likely to cut Disney any slack for ANYTHING but the irresistable force may have hit the immovable object in this case where the final design may not have been cleared with the Fire Marshall and after first performance a firm ixnay was issued.

I've hit that wall before in data center designs, Fire Marshall INSISTED that there be a wet sprinkler in the data center even though there is a Halon (now Innergen) system with two backup systems, At least got the fire marshall to agree to a dry charge system. Just imagine tens of millions worth of IT gear, In close proximity to water filled pipes....

asianway

I'm not on "Team Steve"...

Cesar R M

Oh I agree that the design is a #FAIL from a show perspective, And on this board we all know I am the LEAST likely to cut Disney any slack for ANYTHING but the irresistable force may have hit the immovable object in this case where the design was not cleared with the Fire Marshall,

I've hit that wall before in data center designs, Fire Marshall INSISTED that there be a wet sprinkler in the data center even though there is a Halon (now Innergen) system with two backup systems, At least got the fire marshall to agree to a dry charge system. Just imagine tens of millions worth of IT gear, In close proximity to water filled pipes....
how can a fire Marshall be this (censored)?
also water can make things worse to electronic equipment.
dont they have to use special chemicals to put down electrical fire?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
how can a fire Marshall be this (censored)?
also water can make things worse to electronic equipment.
dont they have to use special chemicals to put down electrical fire?

In the US a Fire Marshall has virtually unlimited authority in matters of fire safety, Literally their word is LAW and even the courts can't countermand them.

Water is definitely not helpful to computer equipment...

In a data center you put out the fire by removing the oxygen, Halon and Innergen are heavier than air and when the system dumps the air is forced out of computer room via vents which then close and room is pressurized with extinguishing agent, effectively removing oxygen from the fire triangle the gas is also cold so it also functions to reduce heat.

This is why data centers need multiple sensors to trigger, If you are in a data center and the strobes start to flash and the horn sounds you have 30 seconds to evacuate or hit the abort button. Otherwise you will be without air to breathe

flynnibus

Premium Member

I'm not ready to grab the pitchfork here... just because an effect isn't seen doesn't mean it's in-op or removed. Given it's a system that sprays lit flamable liquid at and near guests, I presume there are multiple layers of checks that must pass before it's used. Maybe they are pretty tight and we simply don't know the factors yet?

It would be nice tho if they knew it was going to be highly variable that they could have built in a B-mode of just a fogger/mist.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm not ready to grab the pitchfork here... just because an effect isn't seen doesn't mean it's in-op or removed. Given it's a system that sprays lit flamable liquid at and near guests, I presume there are multiple layers of checks that must pass before it's used. Maybe they are pretty tight and we simply don't know the factors yet?

It would be nice tho if they knew it was going to be highly variable that they could have built in a B-mode of just a fogger/mist.

Agree, I don't think it's actually INOP that would be a record even for Disney, As i've noted before i think its safety related, Also agree that a B mode would have been a good idea.

Which also could have been used for a comic effect after all what could be more embarassing for a dragon than to intend to breathe fire but only get smoke... :facepalm:

SirLink

Actually thinking about it shouldn't the flame be green anyway ... kermit green smoke with a yellow laser running through it would be fine alternative.

Goofyernmost

You must be kidding. Everyone knows that this is a massive fail. ;) Someone didn't see any flames so it's broken. Has to be what other answer could there possibly be? :confused:

Even fictional dragons don't spew fire with every breath do they?:banghead:

Soarin' Over Pgh

Everything, well it's a pretty big park with a lot of rides. It's situated in Rust, a small town in the south of Germany. Europa Park is divided in lands themed to European lands. They have Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Switserland etc. The park is owned by the Mack family, which is also a big ride manufacturer. My favorite rides there are:
- Poseidon, a Mack watercoaster themed to a Greek temple, similair to Journey to Atlantis in Sea World Orlando
- Silver Star, Europe's second highest coaster. A B&M out and back design.
- Blue Fire, a launched Mack looping coaster which onboard sound.
- Woodan Timbur coaster, a huge GCI wooden coaster with a Viking theme.
- Atlantica Super Splash, a Mack shoot the chutes water ride with a Portugese theme.
- Abenteuer Atlantis, a shoot em up dark ride, like Buzz Lightyear.

I don't know if I'm allowed to place a link here, but here is a detailed trip report with lots of pics: http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=2861

Fantastic, thank you! This park looks amazing.

Is that your trip report or just a random grab? :) Either way, the pics are beautiful.

Wodan's queue theming is incredibly well done. Internetting more photos of it now.

flynnibus

Premium Member
@WDW1974 - looks like Michael C is quite busy applying his 'experience' in Orlando to Anaheim... besides the most chaotic refurb schedule in recent memory... suspiciously long fishy nemo refurbs... we can now add the classic TDO trick... 'reducing food offerings'. Reports are that Flos in Carsland will no longer server breakfast and switch to lunch/dinner only.

erider

Is that your trip report or just a random grab? :) Either way, the pics are beautiful.

Wodan's queue theming is incredibly well done. Internetting more photos of it now.
Actually it's a random trip report from a visitor from the UK. But it gives a good overview of the park. And you can Google a lot of pics from this park.

erider

The Efteling in Holland is my home park btw. I visit it twice a month. Their dark rides like Droomvlucht and Fata Morgana are excellent, but the coasters aren't as good as those in Europa Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom