The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

StageFrenzy

Not accurate.

Both DAK and TPFKaTD-MGMS are both facing major issues (please, don't quote me numbers when Disney doesn't release any breakdowns officially) ... the only reason EPCOT isn't is because of two seasonal festivals that pay homage to that great Disney trait of drunken theme park debauchery. If it wasn't for food and beverage, EPCOT would very likely be a ghost town many days.

The only park at WDW that can stand on its own no matter what is the MK. Disney knows this. If they do, why are you fighting it, Phil?

Is this the year that DCA or one of the UNI parks leapfrogs one of the worlds? If not this year watch out AK next year.

WDW1974

Original Poster
With a ridiculous amount of construction going on at Magic Kingdom, Polynesian, downtown Disney and elsewhere… I cannot understand how Disney thinks it's going to increase growth.

I could not recommend anybody to come visit before 2015. There's construction everywhere. How can the company justify premium prices when the product is not up to the standards word should be?

And that would be different than 2012 or 2009 or 2007 or 2004 how?

Sorry, but you just left that pitch hanging right down the middle ...

PhotoDave219

Not accurate.

Both DAK and TPFKaTD-MGMS are both facing major issues (please, don't quote me numbers when Disney doesn't release any breakdowns officially) ... the only reason EPCOT isn't is because of two seasonal festivals that pay homage to that great Disney trait of drunken theme park debauchery. If it wasn't for food and beverage, EPCOT would very likely be a ghost town many days.

The only park at WDW that can stand on its own no matter what is the MK. Disney knows this. If they do, why are you fighting it, Phil?

I'm really tired of the drunks at Epcot.

Seriously.... F&G isnt as bad as F&W but with the introduction of Food/Alcohol booths.... its getting worse

WDW1974

Original Poster
All these words and not one mention of Pandora. Hmmm.

I also wonder what WDI could do with Marvel (at DL) or Star Wars (WDW) and a Carsland budget. Or even a dark horse franchise like Indiana Jones.

The future is bright. :cool:

IMO.

Is that Pixie Dust in your pipe ... or crystal meth?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, forgot to mention that the awesome fire-breathing dragon in the MK's first new parade since 2001 (before FB, before smart phones, before Lifestylers, before our Constitution was used as toilet paper by two straight administrations, before WDW was even that stale) didn't make it a week with the fire effect working.

Scuttle

I wonder what it would be like if they started going after more of the convention crowd. RP has convention space but I don't know how well it is marketed.
RPR does a lot of group conventions. They really have a ton of convention space, so much that when they have big conventions there's not nearly enough parking to handle it.

Scuttle

Oh, forgot to mention that the awesome fire-breathing dragon in the MK's first new parade since 2001 (before FB, before smart phones, before Lifestylers, before our Constitution was used as toilet paper by two straight administrations, before WDW was even that stale) didn't make it a week with the fire effect working.
Is it really already down? Good god. Can't say I'm shocked since they couldn't even get the float measurements right.

WDW1974

Original Poster
If you dvr'ed Once Upon A Time, go back to it. First scene, blue plates, look close. Something was shoehorned in there, as well.

Getting around to Resurrection tonight.

No, didn't DVR Once ... so what did I miss?

If they inserted some Disney princess merchandise I am sorta OK with it just because of the nature of the show and the current storyline. Wouldn't be the first time. In the last episode before the hiatus, Henry is seen at school lunch with Mary Margaret and he has a Tron lunch box. But Horowitz and Kitsis were behind Tron's reboot, so I don't have an issue with that.

Nubs70

Probably should have used RPR
So here is a pitch.

Opening scene:
Man and woman in business attire carrying business related bags entering a typical convention hotel.
Business individuals are overwhelmed by a gaggle of ankle voters followed by a tsunami style our group.

Voice over:
Conventions have a purpose

Cut to:
Business individuals in a presentation, followed by bar scene with drinks and dining, closing with scene of nighttime WWoHP and Gringotts.

Closing voiceover:
Presentations, Productivity, Recreation. Get PPR at RPR brought to you by Loewe's Royal Pacific Resorts and Universal Conventions.

WDW1974

Original Poster
If...IF Disney did get Harry Potter...how long do you think it would have been before they bastardized the characters and you would see Mickey in black robes, round glasses and a lightning bolt on his forehead? You know it would have happened!

I have heard that one of J.K's issues with Disney was how they handled the Star Wars characters and, yes, I am deadly serious about that.

Now, I may think my plastic Emperor Stitch in my office looks kewl, but I can understand how SW purists might have an issue with that. And let's not forget all the Star Wars merchandise with Muppets (please, don't let the Oswald nut be reading now!!!)

WDW1974

Original Poster
The saddest part is.. how the hell you can fix a company that seems pretty rotten from the top, full of administrators and accountants and zero visionaries.

Its like a self protected group that keeps away anyone who doesn't like to count pennies and dollars.

You have to go outside the company.

Disney is so insular. But you don't get CHANGE without bringing in outsiders. Remember, 1984 ...

FWIW, I do believe they will go outside the company, despite the lobbying by Rasulo and Staggs for the job ... Bob Iger was a controversial and forced choice and now the company's stock is being traded at what Wall Street folks term an 'Iger premium'

Scuttle

I think RPR on the whole, has a parking problem. Which is sad because they charge 18-20 bucks for parking one-self. Do they currently have a resort fee?
Ya and valet is 25 per day. It's worth it to pay the 7 dollars to get valet. There is def a parking problem there as well I agree. Resort fee? Nah they nickel and dime guests to death instead. They should just have a 50 dollar resort fee or something like that or a 20 dollar per day resort fee, but they love making there money on refrigerators, microwaves, gym fee, rollaway beds and parking. Hell they are even trying to charge people that request for more coffee in there rooms. So as overpriced as Disney's resorts are at least all those amenities are included. Not justifying the 500 a night rates at the lagoon resorts of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom