The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

culturenthrills

Yes ... and speaking of The Weatherman (i know we weren't!), but does anyone here not think he phoned up Kitsis and Horowitz and said ''You guys ARE putting Frozen into your show, right?!''
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, but are they gonna let her be pure evil i.e. Wicked Witch, Pan or will she have a villain that gets redeemed storyline. I really hope they don't get lazy and have Regina turn bad again because that would be so lazy. I love Lana Parilla, she has done an amazing job with that showing the different shades of that character.

Taylor

Yes, but are they gonna let her be pure evil i.e. Wicked Witch, Pan or will she have a villain that gets redeemed storyline. I really hope they don't get lazy and have Regina turn bad again because that would be so lazy. I love Lana Parilla, she has done an amazing job with that showing the different shades of that character.
I think that they are going with the she's not a villain she is just misunderstood storyline probably will end up being a lot like Hook's story.

PhotoDave219

That is not how a spoiler tag works in vbulletin.

Mickey_777

This ^^^. I live in FL, and took a trip to DL in early May. I will never go back. While the rides are superior, they don't work half the time. When I was there, there were 6 attractions (4 headliners) under rehab. Then Space Mountain, Indy, Matterhorn, and HM went down as we walked around the park. To add insult to injury, they had closed one side of the Matterhorn and autopia which added to the waits. I even tried to get a corn dog at the red

wagon and it was closed. Oh yeah, and it was 100 degrees when we were there. Based on that experience I will take MK any day.

We found this to be true as well. In our three trips to Disneyland since 2010, two or three major attractions went down each day we were there. Busy day or not. We love Disneyland and we will be going back but I never understood why rides go down more frequently than at WDW. The dry air maybe?

alphac2005

I understand the feeling that ITM is not a great brand advocate and that maybe they're not un-biased because of the freebies. But all the continuing talking about him here (along with Lou Mongello and countless others) is really doing is driving traffic their way. How many people here are subscribing to these sites just to look for reasons to bash them? By going to their sites or following their feeds you're giving them money. Those metrics are the things that they are using to justify their existence to Disney.

If you feel that these guys are the scum of the earth then honestly the best thing you can do it ignore and not bump their numbers.

I've chimed in about a handful of times about the topic over the past year, so not all of us are ranting on and on about the likes of them. And honestly, I've been a member on here since '07 and lurked since the site started and most of these people are named in some code-name style, which for the likes of most people, they have no clue as to whom is being spoken about let alone how to find them. I can't tell you the numbers of acronyms that are thrown around here and I just gloss over not trying to break my brain trying to figure out what the latest one is. ;)

5thGenTexan

And this matters how...? People here are singularly fascinated with Mr Brigante and it's a bit obsessive IMO. :cool:

And then there is me. I have (had) no clue who this Brigante dude is when the joke thing was mentioned. Took a few days to put things together to get a full name to put with the incident. I briefly looked at his page and then went on about my business.

Then there is the fact that I don't partake of any podcast of any sort, I don't tweet or twit or whatever and I think the POUND sign (#) is just a bit overused.

I get just about all the Disney news I need right here. :)

Travel Junkie

We found this to be true as well. In our three trips to Disneyland since 2010, two or three major attractions went down each day we were there. Busy day or not. We love Disneyland and we will be going back but I never understood why rides go down more frequently than at WDW. The dry air maybe?

Yes DLR rides go down much more often than their WDW counterparts. I always tell people that if they walk by and see IJA open, get on. Next time you walk by it will probably be closed. I’m sure it is a variety of issues but my best guess is it partly may have to do with stricter California safety laws. I’m not saying WDW rides are unsafe, but California tends to over legislate or err on the side of caution depending on your point of view. The sensors at DLR are very sensitive and cause rides to E-stop quite often. It can take a while to reset a ride once it has E-stopped. This was a huge problem for RSR when it first opened and it was taking more than an hour to reset each time after stopping multiple times a day. I know BTMR used to have an issue with birds flying through the tunnels causing E-stops.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the smaller footprint of DLR has something to do with it as well. WDI is trying to cram as much as they can into smaller buildings and if there is a backup in load/unload, it causes a chain reaction with the rest of the cars, eventually leading to an E-stop. If you notice that sans RSR most of the problems occur in DL where the ride footprints are smaller than at DCA, which have larger more spread out show buildings.

PhotoDave219

And then there is me. I have (had) no clue who this Brigante dude is when the joke thing was mentioned. Took a few days to put things together to get a full name to put with the incident. I briefly looked at his page and then went on about my business.

Then there is the fact that I don't partake of any podcast of any sort, I don't tweet or twit or whatever and I think the POUND sign (#) is just a bit overused.

I get just about all the Disney news I need right here. :)

Steve has been the best and generally the first as well as the most accurate for 10 years running now.

the.dreamfinder

Like I said in a post a few back, many American park-goers would be VERY uncomfortable visiting a park with expectations and standards. One day I went to TDS with dress pants and shirt and my $2,000 shoes (no, I didn't pay that ... yes, that's what they retailed for) on because I was out of clothes and wasn't wearing sneakers with that outfit. I was in no way overdressed. ... I have dressed similarly during winter nights when I have had a nice dinner at an EPCOT resort and then gone to the park. When that happens I stand out bigtime and people assume I am some expense account conventioneer staying at the Swan who has no idea that PJ pants and wifebeaters are more standard attire!
I know you think I'm crazy for suggesting this, but WDW needs a dress code. Disney should not tolerate the idea that folks come to their parks dressed, how do I phrase this for a family friendly forum..., poorly. If Disney wants to be a premium product, which is in dispute with WDW nowadays, there ought to be clear expectations from Disney for how guests present themselves in said environment.

Despite what others may think, most folks won't have an issue with a dress code for the parks. As long as you inform them far in advance that there are specific rules for dress that all guests must follow, they will just accept that. Of course there is the less than desirable demographic that will fight, complain, and go to social media to demand, since "this is America", they have the right to dress in any manner they choose when they visit WDW. But if they're ardent and unflagging during that difficult period, at least WDW guests will appear proper.

Nemo14

I know you think I'm crazy for suggesting this, but WDW needs a dress code. Disney should not tolerate the idea that folks come to their parks dressed, how do I phrase this for a family friendly forum..., poorly. If Disney wants to be a premium product, which is in dispute with WDW nowadays, there ought to be clear expectations from Disney for how guests present themselves in said environment.

Despite what others may think, most folks won't have an issue with a dress code for the parks. As long as you inform them far in advance that there are specific rules for dress that all guests must follow, they will just accept that. Of course there is the less than desirable demographic that will fight, complain, and go to social media to demand, since "this is America", they have the right to dress in any manner they choose when they visit WDW. But if they're ardent and unflagging during that difficult period, at least WDW guests will appear proper.

That sounds good in theory, but I can't imagine it would work. I've worked in schools with dress codes, some stricter than others, and I can tell you it's nearly impossible to enforce consistently. When I was a kid, back in the dinosaur days, we had "school clothes", "play clothes", and "Sunday best clothes", and there was little doubt what was appropriate to wear when. Times have changed, and "good enough" is the common standard. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

Mike C

Walls not down. False alert, just a falsely tagged photo on twitter. But still a nice shot.

was from https://twitter.com/hashtag/DiagonAlley?f=realtime&src=hash

BpZXLbeCMAAAfue.jpg

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It's the site where all the bloggers get their info yet "never go to that site"
Its always funny when Steve release some info and within an hour they have the exact same info on their twitter as "breaking news". I dont know whats more sad, their lack of integrity for journalism or the insane amount of Jergens they go through.

Bolna

Talking about bloggers and podcasters, I recently came across a soundbite in the podcast done by the DISboards people, it's called DISunplugged which I found very curious and I thought @WDW1974 might like to listen to despite his negative opinion about podcasts. It's the May 6 show. To make it easy, the relevant soundbite starts at around 25:49 and only goes to 26:50. The thing they are talking about is how Disney controls access so that only those will get access to media events who are purely positive about Disney.

Here is the video version of the show:

asianway

Talking about bloggers and podcasters, I recently came across a soundbite in the podcast done by the DISboards people, it's called DISunplugged which I found very curious and I thought @WDW1974 might like to listen to despite his negative opinion about podcasts. It's the May 6 show. To make it easy, the relevant soundbite starts at around 25:49 and only goes to 26:50. The thing they are talking about is how Disney controls access so that only those will get access to media events who are purely positive about Disney.

Here is the video version of the show:

That's a pretty bold and honest statement to make and I would think Steve would share the sentiment...but I thought they had said access?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom