The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

TP2000

What's interesting it that all of those rides, Jellyfish, Lady Bug Boogie, Fliks Flyers...all things that Disney was railed on when they introduced in DCA but I think they get a bit of a pass at TDS because of the theming. I've never visited TDS but have seen plenty of video and to my eyes, this may be the weakest section of the park...as far at the rides go. The pavillion and the show look very good though. Of course, I also think Aquatopia looks kinda cheesy too so that may be a strike against me in some peoples books ; )

I think those cloned rides from DCA get a "pass" at DisneySea because so few people have ever been to see them. Or they see the pictures of all that fake seaweed and decide because the purchase orders were approved by Oriental Land Company accountants that the rides must somehow be superior. They aren't. They are clones from DCA. Still cute though.

What's funny is that A Bug's Land at DCA gets any hate at all. It's a little land that's cleverly themed and nicely crafted, with four cute little family rides in it, plus a very good 3D show with It's Tough To Be A Bug (that's gone sparklingly digital and is much better maintained than the DAK version). And it has lots of shade from the California sun, and plenty of benches made out of popsicle sticks.

DCA has 21 rides in the park total. A Bug's Land has 4 of those 21 DCA rides. DHS has 6 rides in the park total. DAK has 7 rides in the park total. :eek:

DHS and DAK desperately need rides added, and not all of them can be mega E Tickets with 46 inch height requirements. DHS and DAK, and to a lesser extent Epcot and Magic Kingdom, would be helped immensely if they had A Bug's Land or Mermaid Lagoon area added with these four cute little family rides in them. It would help fill in the threadbare tapestry of missing attractions for the WDW parks.

But if folks want to sniff that A Bug's Land or Mermaid Lagoon are dumbed down additions with cheesy kiddy rides, then so be it. But both A Bug's Land and Mermaid Lagoon are found in parks bursting at the seams with rides and attractions that most WDW parks would kill to have for their guests.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I enjoy Aquatopia, and ride it on every Tokyo visit.

John

Is it too early to start #SaveCOP? I wonder what the uproar for that will be.

I'm wondering if the Tomorrowland movie might help it's chances at a proper rufurb and life extension

Dude, I am sharpening my pitchfork for that incase scenario! It will be of PI epic proportions. We all have our "thing" My number #1 thing is COP....my #2 was PI. Yea, I can just see the eyes rolling in the back of some posters head right about now....I don't care. COP is my happy place for many reasons. None of which would make any sense to anyone. But it is. If they touch one fake hair on Fathers head I will have a melt down worthy of banishment from WDW. You think it was bad when they basically squeezed my mother out (long time CM) you havnt seen nothing if and when that comes. Just the mention of it makes my skin crawl.

Mike S

Dude, I am sharpening my pitchfork for that incase scenario! It will be of PI epic proportions. We all have our "thing" My number #1 thing is COP....my #2 was PI. Yea, I can just see the eyes rolling in the back of some posters head right about now....I don't care. COP is my happy place for many reasons. None of which would make any sense to anyone. But it is. If they touch one fake hair on Fathers head I will have a melt down worthy of banishment from WDW. You think it was bad when they basically squeezed my mother out (long time CM) you havnt seen nothing if and when that comes. Just the mention of it makes my skin crawl.
You are not alone. They should give it the attention and refurbishment it so rightfully deserves.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What's funny is that A Bug's Land at DCA gets any hate at all. It's a little land that's cleverly themed and nicely crafted, with four cute little family rides in it, plus a very good 3D show with It's Tough To Be A Bug (that's gone sparklingly digital and is much better maintained than the DAK version). And it has lots of shade from the California sun, and plenty of benches made out of popsicle sticks.

Huh?? I'd say it's the most hated land in online fan stuff.. and wrongly so IMO.. because its all kiddie rides and 'reskinned' ones at that. Only the backlot fights it for lands fans poo on the most :)

asianway

I think those cloned rides from DCA get a "pass" at DisneySea because so few people have ever been to see them. Or they see the pictures of all that fake seaweed and decide because the purchase orders were approved by Oriental Land Company accountants that the rides must somehow be superior. They aren't. They are clones from DCA. Still cute though.

DCA has 21 rides in the park total. A Bug's Land has 4 of those 21 DCA rides. DHS has 6 rides in the park total. DAK has 7 rides in the park total. :eek:

DHS and DAK desperately need rides added, and not all of them can be mega E Tickets with 46 inch height requirements. DHS and DAK, and to a lesser extent Epcot and Magic Kingdom, would be helped immensely if they had A Bug's Land or Mermaid Lagoon area added with these four cute little family rides in them. It would help fill in the threadbare tapestry of missing attractions for the WDW parks.

But if folks want to sniff that A Bug's Land or Mermaid Lagoon are dumbed down additions with cheesy kiddy rides, then so be it. But both A Bug's Land and Mermaid Lagoon are found in parks bursting at the seams with rides and attractions that most WDW parks would kill to have for their guests.

I have a great shot of me getting ready to hurl on Aquatopia. It just didn't agree with me

Bolna

Huh?? I'd say it's the most hated land in online fan stuff.. and wrongly so IMO.. because its all kiddie rides and 'reskinned' ones at that. Only the backlot fights it for lands fans poo on the most :)

That's because most people are not aware of Toy Story Playland at WDS in Paris...

Bolna

I'm more bothered by the version at Hong Kong Disneyland than the one at Walt Disney Studios Park.

Haven't seen the HK one yet. I think it is more out of place there. The thing I dislike about the most is that you can see that parachute ride so well from Frontierland. People complaining about sight lines with regard to Swan and Dolphin would die if they saw that...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I just like the improv comedy. Its the one thing that can watch at Epcot that will always make me laugh.

Beyond that, it would take a lot of beer to explain the thought processes. Mostly the abhorant hypocrisy of the epcot fanboiz that are bemoaning this change but are perfectly fine with cutting original entertainment that have been here since Day 1. (WSP & Fife/Drum)

What irritates me is that it seems like everyone is cranky because the changes Disney is proposing doesnt fit their vision of what this theme park should be. People rally around the cries of original Future World attractions like Horizons, WOM, Imag part 1, and scream ad nauseum about cutting original things but when it comes to Entertainment, they have no problem with it. There appears to be a giant double standard with that part of the fanbase and it just irritates the hell out of me.

Actually as I read the post it seems to be a tad clearer, it is the Entertainment Fanboiz verses the Attraction Fanboiz. The fanboiz that can't let go of their entertainers and the fanboiz that can't cope with Norway becoming Fantasyland Princesses 2.0 I'm not seeing it as hypocritical. As a fan I didn't make the WS about countries and culture, Disney Themed that, it isn't about what the fan thinks it should be, it was what Disney imagineered it to be. I'm seeing it as fanboiz on opposite sides of the isle of what they each favor. Some fanboiz bemoaning the cut of long term entertainers and the other faction bemoaning the cut of attractions themed to a specific park.

I appreciate the wake entertainment fanboiz are having as their oldest players are retired out of the line-up and will be replaced with other WS players. I'll reserve judgement until I see if the replacements entertainers are appropriate for Epcot and WS. If they are replacing the players with new players performing a Frozen Sing Along or a funny Olaf skit I will be right there with you. If they replace Off Kilter with a Frozen Stage Show, I'll be screaming as loud as you have been.

I'm one that is still sitting on the fence waiting to see how Disney themes Avatar into Animal Kingdom. They might pull that off or it might be another inappropriate movie turned attraction squished into a theme park where it thematically doesn't fit well.

You must be new here. ;) (And by new, I mean joined since the the Adventurers Club/Comedy Warehouse were shut down--which is pushing 6 years, so a lot of you probably missed that Internet meltdown. But it makes the current EPCOT situation look like nothing.)

ETA: It is one of the few original EPCOT Center things left tho. Think of it as a Carousel of Progress that's actually remained entertaining and still capable of drawing a crowd..

I've never limited my viewing of WDW sights to just one, I'm not as loyal as you are. I was around for the closing of the Adventurers Club, likely it was similar to what I saw on other sights. Lots of loyal guests very sad about that one. Admittedly I was not cheering when Disney announced Adventurers was closing nor was I cheerleader for Hyperion Wharf and to polish that off I have my doubts that that the latest DTD will be the attendance draw (after everyone sees it once) that Disney is anticipating. Disney has homoginized their wares where you see the same stuff from resorts to parks to DTD and even duplicating the stuff in the shops within DTD. They might have the same fanboiz sitting on a barstool in Springs multiple times a week like they did with Adventurers and Comedy but I have my reservations about vacationing guests skipping the 'other parks' to give a day to Disney Springs.

I agree that Norway vs the Adventurers Club is not a comparison. I think even Toad had more angry peeps. My slant on the Norway thing is it is a animated cartoon that is being wedged in there that has the fan community in knots. If they reworked the attraction like they did Test Track I don't believe there would be the uproar. My predictions is Norway is going to be just a mess when Disney is done. Between the Princess Dining, Meet and Greet and an incredibly low load, slow load attraction, that pavilion is going to be a Guest Relations nightmare.

My DS is an adult, but I still remember the Disney overlaod on Princess stuff, add into that my DD never wanted to be a princess. If I was the empress of the pavilion and I wanted to draw in Children and have a balance of offerings for boys and girls I would have made it into a Viking theme. It would have fit in with the history of Norway and given us all a break from Princess nausea.

Last edited:

Stevek

For the record, I actually like Bug's Land and think it was themed rather well. When it opened up, my girls were both pretty young, loved it and it was clearly the answer to what DCA was missing, family/kids rides. That being said, now that they are older they have zero interest in riding those which is fine with me.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You could at least make that question multiple choice! Or is there any reason for asking that?
It's being reported on Twitter that the entire resort is being evacuated due to fire. No idea as to the veracity though....

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Saw this on Twitter, guess this is the remnants of the previous Anna and Elsa at Norway. Perty :cautious:

Bxmsyf6CQAAl6Zs.jpg

dave787

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom