The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

stevehousse

If they extended it would it be within the existing show building or an expansion of the building itself? I hope at a minimum they don't try to jam the meet and greet into that crowded space. They are gonna need more space for an extended queue.
I'm sure they will use the theater space and end of the ride transition area between the ride and the theater for the extra que space??? I would hope they would extend the ride somehow seeing as how maelstrom is already a pretty short ride...let's just hope for the best!

RSoxNo1

If they extended it would it be within the existing show building or an expansion of the building itself? I hope at a minimum they don't try to jam the meet and greet into that crowded space. They are gonna need more space for an extended queue.
I have no idea, but without making the building larger, they are going to have to sacrifice shop real estate which would likely defeat the purpose of adding the attraction in the first place.

Mike S

I have no idea, but without making the building larger, they are going to have to sacrifice shop real estate which would likely defeat the purpose of adding the attraction in the first place.
Just more proof of how little sense this makeover makes. One would think with the amount of workarounds that need to be made to make this ride fit along with a M&G and have any attempt at crowd control it would be preferable to put it somewhere else. You know another cheap way they could've done this? Reusing the old Snow White building. If they wanted they could've just used the exact same track layout that Snow White had and even reuse the vehicles which I'm sure are sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Just make them look like sleds. Oh but then Fairytale Hall would have to go. I say good riddance to that waste of prime real estate for a ride.

stevehousse

Just more proof of how little sense this makeover makes. One would think with the amount of workarounds that need to be made to make this ride fit along with a M&G and have any attempt at crowd control it would be preferable to put it somewhere else. You know another cheap way they could've done this? Reusing the old Snow White building. If they wanted they could've just used the exact same track layout that Snow White had and even reuse the vehicles which I'm sure are sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Just make them look like sleds. Oh but then Fairytale Hall would have to go. I say good riddance to that waste of prime real estate for a ride.
I'm actually shocked they didn't want to retrofit it to Tangled or even Sleeping Beauty. Having a dark ride for either of those films would have been great! And where to put princess hall??? Well if the imagineers were smart they would have made belles attraction into the princess meet area. I mean how simple is it that all the princesses were invited to belle and beasts castle for a party and you are invited too!!!

TP2000

Off the top of my head there is Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular (and it is spectacular), Disney Jr. Live on Stage, World of Color, and a lot of smaller live entertainment like Five and Dime, Mickey and the Newsboys, Goofy conducting the Paradise Bay fountains, live bands at the Paradise Garden Grill seating area, a show with DJ in Cars Land and probably more that I am forgetting. I'm sure @TP2000 will be along presently with photos of all of the current shows at the park.

How about if I just post a park Times Guide from this past summer? :cool:

DCA_24-Hour_Guide02_2014_zps80edd7b1.jpg

PhotoDave219

AK would be ideal for it, even if its a soarin type ride...

No… Instead we're getting a god darn… Darn avatar attraction.

We could've had Paradise Falls and the cars land of the East Coast and animal kingdom. It would've driven attendance as well as revenue and bringing in a much needed e ticket & kids ride to DAK.

Because animal kingdom has too many shows. I don't want to go see shows. I want to ride something.

I truly think the management of parks and resorts is out of touch with what guests want and what drives attendance. They don't seem to be proactive by any stretch the imagination. These executives only know budgets, they don't know what works. They couldn't walk into a blue sky meeting and no at the drop of a hat whether or not something is going to work. Instead they need 1 billion meetings and studies because they're just not creative people. And then they let the demons from the budgetary process come in and got whatever project they do greenlight.

For the leading creative company in the world, it's not led by very creative people.

(It's rants like the is why I could never be CEO…)

Bolna

Those sight lines are awful in DLP, and yeah it's a bit cheap, but I think Toy Story Playland is pretty good for what it is. The parachute gives a good view over the parks, RC Racer's more of a thrill ride than it looks and is good fun, and the shrinking you down to toy size aspect works better than in Toy Story Mania.

I know there are people who think it is not too bad. But I find it far too cramped, it lacks detail (because it is small things blown up, so of course there is no detail to see) and the attractions have far too low capacity. Hopefully Ratatouille will have helped with that as in the past I have never made it onto RC Racer's (might have thrill, but I can have the exact same ride at every fair ground here in the area) because it had 45 minutes waits or even longer. It is not ugly in itself (well, I think the parachute ride is, don't like that plastic army feel at all), those lights are very charming - if you ever get a chance to see them lit. I just see it at a vanity project of Mr Lasseter and one that proves that he does not get theme parks like many people here think. He gets Pixar - and that is the only thing TSPL delivers well: a Toy Story environment.

PhotoDave219

I know there are people who think it is not too bad. But I find it far too cramped, it lacks detail (because it is small things blown up, so of course there is no detail to see) and the attractions have far too low capacity. Hopefully Ratatouille will have helped with that as in the past I have never made it onto RC Racer's (might have thrill, but I can have the exact same ride at every fair ground here in the area) because it had 45 minutes waits or even longer. It is not ugly in itself (well, I think the parachute ride is, don't like that plastic army feel at all), those lights are very charming - if you ever get a chance to see them lit. I just see it at a vanity project of Mr Lasseter and one that proves that he does not get theme parks like many people here think. He gets Pixar - and that is the only thing TSPL delivers well: a Toy Story environment.

I think he "gets" the parks, but he's not in a position of control to have any influence.

Its very political and Staggs is currently the man in power with the parks.... and trying to show he's hip, edgy and in touch with Frozenpalooza.

Ignohippo

No… Instead we're getting a god darn… Darn avatar attraction.

We could've had Paradise Falls and the cars land of the East Coast and animal kingdom. It would've driven attendance as well as revenue and bringing in a much needed e ticket & kids ride to DAK.

Because animal kingdom has too many shows. I don't want to go see shows. I want to ride something.

I truly think the management of parks and resorts is out of touch with what guests want and what drives attendance. They don't seem to be proactive by any stretch the imagination. These executives only know budgets, they don't know what works. They couldn't walk into a blue sky meeting and no at the drop of a hat whether or not something is going to work. Instead they need 1 billion meetings and studies because they're just not creative people. And then they let the demons from the budgetary process come in and got whatever project they do greenlight.

For the leading creative company in the world, it's not led by very creative people.

(It's rants like the is why I could never be CEO…)

Agreed on all accounts. had never thought of Up! being tied into AK but it makes perfect sense.

One of the things I have always wished they's do at AK is a Fantasyland-type mini-land filled with cheap dark rides based on their animal films: The Lion King, Jungle Book and maybe one ride for the dog and cat films (Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Aristocats). Create the whole area on the cheap with a budget under $200 mil. using old school dark ride tech.

Heck, rather than doing it like Soarin', do Up! like Peter Pan and save a few hundred million dollars. I'm sure, in the end, it would be almost as popular.

Fantasyland is the most popular land in all of the parks, so replicating it somewhere else in a different form only makes sense. Rather than spending $500 mil per attraction (and never getting anything new), just give us some great dark rides done on the cheap but at a high quality. The same thing would work well at DHS' Pixar Place too (Monsters Inc could be done like Peter Pan as well).

The only question is, could today's Imagineering create dark rides with old school tech without spending a billion dollars doing it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom