The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

lazyboy97o

I think that is what I was saying. You go to your church, I'll go to mine. It doesn't do anyone any harm to believe it is the ring any more then it does harm to feel it's a post. It just doesn't matter what others might think it is and it is part of the "suspension of disbelief" theory. And yet again, no one has told me why the post theory is any more valid then the ring theory or vise versa.
It matters because what you are proposing is the start of deconstruction. There is nothing that limits deconstruction to just small elements. If there is no consistency of meaning in the small, then there can be no consistency of meaning in the large. If there is no consistency of meaning in the large, there is no theme.

There is no post theory. It was there and pictures of it exist. Many of the stories involving the Attic Bride are variations projected from the narrative regarding Melanie at Phantom Manor.

CDavid

For $25 it should give you unlimited HM Fastpasses

Yes, custom (and more expensive) bands such as this should do or offer something that the standard band/RFID card does not. Even a single immediate-use Mansion FastPass would be something, at least, or how about some custom attraction effects unique to HM bands. Otherwise its just a differently colored band (and they all look the same in your pocket anyway...).

the.dreamfinder

Completely different markets, what would be the point?
I'm not so sure they are different enough because it appears Interstellar could have stronger all ages appeal than it may seem. This film could play really well with kids and split that audience more than disney would like it to. However, one of the benefits of that date for Disney is they don't have any real competition for kids the following weekend until Mockingjay Part 1.

Last edited:

Phil12

While you're at it tell me why it's OK for them to decide that the Sword is really stuck in the stone.

The sword's pommel reads, "Whoso Pulleth Out This Sword of the Stone and Anvil, is Rightwise King Born of All England." Therefore, when Prince George makes a trip to WDW, he'll be able to remove the sword!

Cesar R M

The redone pre-show is terrible compared to the original and the actual attraction needed some touch ups. IMO c3po piloting is a bad idea it should be an actual pilot droid with his/her own unique personality traits and the rebel spy plot line is dumb.
Thats the point of the joke of having c3po there.
He was never a pilot.. he was tossed there after the real "pilot" bot leaves to rest and ends stuck in the transport ship.

I only went once to Star Tours v2 and makes me wonder....Did you EVEN see the preshow screens at least?

To resume.. the reason of why he was a "pilot" in this "adventure", is explained clearly in the preshow screens.

michmousefan

Just curious: do you think Big Hero 6 should move out of its current release date to avoid direct competition with Christopher Nolan's Interstellar?
Not unless BH6 is testing so well that it appears to be a true "four quadrant" hit. Then I could see that happening, but otherwise it's pretty much a kids movie vs adult movie comparison.

I know I'll be at my local IMAX for the first show of Interstellar, though...

doctornick

Yes, custom (and more expensive) bands such as this should do or offer something that the standard band/RFID card does not. Even a single immediate-use Mansion FastPass would be something, at least, or how about some custom attraction effects unique to HM bands. Otherwise its just a differently colored band (and they all look the same in your pocket anyway...).

I see a lot of clamoring for unique merchandise on these pages. This type of specialty band is right in that vein. Personally, I think the special MBs are stupid, but I also don't understand why someone would want to get something branded to the Grand Floridian or the like either. The point just becomes that if someone wants it and is willing to pay, what's the problem?

CDavid

I see a lot of clamoring for unique merchandise on these pages. This type of specialty band is right in that vein. Personally, I think the special MBs are stupid, but I also don't understand why someone would want to get something branded to the Grand Floridian or the like either. The point just becomes that if someone wants it and is willing to pay, what's the problem?

Fair point, and granted the only real problem is this isn't the sort of specialty merchandise we want to see Disney creating. When people yearn for unique (park, attraction, & resort specific) merchandise what we (often) really mean is something we can wear, use, or display when we get back home. A Haunted Mansion T-shirt, framed prints, or even tableware fit the bill. While a guest could display their Magic Band collection I suppose, its just not the same thing, as it has no use outside Walt Disney World.

Rteetz

New Jim Hill podcast again. All about DVC, he says a 7 story DVC section is coming to Caribbean beach with a possibility of a bar or restaurant on the top with illuminations viewing. They would also build a canal that would go under buena vista drive. He also says the river country DVC may be back on the table...

stevehousse

New Jim Hill podcast again. All about DVC, he says a 7 story DVC section is coming to Caribbean beach with a possibility of a bar or restaurant on the top with illuminations viewing. They would also build a canal that would go under buena vista drive. He also says the river country DVC may be back on the table...
A canal as in boat access to Epcot?!?

CDavid

Ignoring the "a stopped clock is right twice a day" issue often associated with Jim Hill, it doesn't make sense Disney would pursue both a Wilderness Lodge DVC conversion and a new one at Caribbean Beach at the same time (and inventory at the Polynesian).

Rteetz

A canal as in boat access to Epcot?!?
Yeah I believe so I almost fell asleep when he was explaining all of this because he was boring me. He did discuss also that more DVC is coming to wilderness lodge too. And that they are eyeing up yacht and beach because they have low occupancy rates. The first 30 minutes of the podcast was him going on about the history of DVC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom