The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Rodan75

Price decrease, at DISNEY WORLD?!?!?! IMPOSSIBRU!!!!!!!!!
Actually for as much bad press they receive on these boards. The price for food at most restaurants is in line with eating out almost anywhere. I would happily pay more for food at WDW if the quality justified it. Give me a 5 Guys quality burger instead of a Sodexo quality burger for $10. I would happily pay more for most things at WDW if they made the margins count. (I realize that is heresy on these boards).

I translate @WDW1974 's walmarting comments as 'we care about volume and not margin'. Give me quality and I'll pay a premium. I still think WDW is an exceptional value, I would like to see WDW be a premium experience all around.

bhg469

Actually for as much bad press they receive on these boards. The price for food at most restaurants is in line with eating out almost anywhere. I would happily pay more for food at WDW if the quality justified it. Give me a 5 Guys quality burger instead of a Sodexo quality burger for $10. I would happily pay more for most things at WDW if they made the margins count. (I realize that is heresy on these boards).

I translate @WDW1974 's walmarting comments as 'we care about volume and not margin'. Give me quality and I'll pay a premium. I still think WDW is an exceptional value, I would like to see WDW be a premium experience all around.
I don't know, I think counter service can be compared to prices at any fair or festival. Table service can range but I feel like currently it has slipped below the quality of what I expect for their prices. That is just my opinion of course.

Mike S

Man would I love a better Burger at all WDW restaurants that serve them, not just Sci-Fi (Burger and Hot Dog in one sandwich? Score!!!!! :hungry:).

culturenthrills

Making a bigger tank can't even be planned in a year? For one park? It's not even opening until 2018... I doubt it will take 40 months (until Jan 2014) of build time. They probably aren't even done planning it. I'm not sure I buy that it predates Blackfish in any kind of substantive way. Whatever their version of blue sky is; "blue ocean" is taken. :p

I think that this plan will be the end of the Shamu show. They haven't out and out said it but I gotta believe that is the plan. The easiest way to add on to the current tanks is to get rid of the stadiums. That is the only way it would work in Orlando. There is no more room behind the current backstage tanks to add anymore.

lazyboy97o

I think that this plan will be the end of the Shamu show. They haven't out and out said it but I gotta believe that is the plan. The easiest way to add on to the current tanks is to get rid of the stadiums. That is the only way it would work in Orlando. There is no more room behind the current backstage tanks to add anymore.
A plan was released for SeaWorld San Diego and it clearly shows the stadium.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Man would I love a better Burger at all WDW restaurants that serve them, not just Sci-Fi (Burger and Hot Dog in one sandwich? Score!!!!! :hungry:).
When I need a burger fix I head to Big River Grille for their Kobe Burger, it never disappoints.
6241447487_025cb742bd.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
What bothers me is how Disney drags out capital projects over years unless forced at gunpoint to accelerate (See Chinese Projects) This is not how a healthy company does capital projects - A healthy company does capital projects as fast as possible to realize a return on investment as well as being able to depreciate that asset as quickly as possible as an offset to taxes.

We keep getting told how Disney has 150B in market capitalization and how Disney is 'Too Big to Fail' Am I the only one who looks at this stuff and is worried about the future of TWDC?, TWDC has lots of salable assets which would make good standalone businesses or units of another company.

With the current dysfunctional management culture I'm wondering whether TWDC will continue as a integrated whole or will it be broken up into more rational units.
Untrue. A healthy company has lots of options for how to do capital projects. It is an unhealthy company that needs to do things a particular way. Disney likely spreads things out because they think the "new attraction" bump is best spread over time. Note that Disney doesn't start constructing everything but finish slowly -- that would be a poor use of money because you're building it all and tying up money too long ahead of opening. Instead, Disney constructs, by and large, in phases. So the money spend for each part of the project is in large part turned into operating attractions quickly, even if the whole project takes a long time.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
i gladly submit

om gosh..YES please![/QUOTE]
shhh....it is a well guarded secret...I am always able to get an ADR or walk in. Boy is it yummy.

Goofyernmost

And the thing that we always forget is that first time or even recent (within the past five years or so) that have made their initial trip, see quality, whether we do or not. We cannot help but let our minds wander back in time, they do not have that burden. At first glance, Disney is everything it ever was. That is the battle that we are fighting, but, it is a losing battle as long as there are millions of new people that want to make the trip and have no ancient memories.

Soarin' Over Pgh

@WDW1974

How much of Miceage's new article is true? The construction delays in Shanghai, pushing the opening back to possibly Summer 2016?

Resort opening in phases?

Namely- this??

These Shanghai delays are wreaking havoc with Burbank’s fiscal planning calendars for 2015 and beyond, and they have already forced hundreds of millions of dollars in additional funds to be budgeted for the project. It’s a mess over there folks, and it’s going to have some major impacts on the parks here at home.

I'd really appreciate your input... as I tend to trust you (and your fab sense of style) a bit more than Miceage/micechat....

twebber55

@WDW1974

How much of Miceage's new article is true? The construction delays in Shanghai, pushing the opening back to possibly Summer 2016?

Resort opening in phases?

Namely- this??

I'd really appreciate your input... as I tend to trust you (and your fab sense of style) a bit more than Miceage/micechat....
the trusty spirit already mentioned Shangai was having trouble so i take that as being correct

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom