The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
He's actually on of the best experts in this space and it would take a paradigm shift to change that. Now back to the DVC topic, any idea of the spend TWDC is considering expending for the effort? Surely not MM+ money? But enough to be discouraging?
The unofficial word is BLT cost $200M to build. Converting hotel rooms should be a lot cheaper than building a whole tower. Considering that they sold all the BLT points for around $700M in about 3 years it was a hugely cash positive investment. IMHO the money invested in DVC has no impact on money allocated to the parks. If anything the super profits generated by DVC help prop up P&R numbers and prevent even further cost cutting.

PeterAlt

Anyone watch Bill Maher last Night? There were a lot of references to Marvel, Disney, TW, and Fox. Very relevant to our discussion here...

What is BLT? (Besides lunch)

Last edited:

PeterAlt

Even better, buy all of Time Warner then sell Comcast the pieces you don't want for a boat load of cash and the rights to marvel. Use the cash to expand the monorail at WDW:cool:
I don't think the monorail should be expanded (except maybe a short run to DHS). Light rail is the future. WDW, OCCC, OIA, and the port at Cape Canaveral need to be connected by rail. Best work with a third party such as All Aboard Florida (who is already laying track between OIA and Cocoa Beach).

Any big capital gains should go into fixing EC first, building more convention space with connecting hotels, build infrastructure at DHS to prepare it for expansion, and get back to the schedule of new E-tickets at all the parks every 4-5 years. The EC fix should cost around $1 billion for a complete makeover of most FW attractions and WS refreshes.

P.S. Trap sprung successfully...

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't think the monorail should be expanded (except maybe a short run to DHS). Light rail is the future. WDW, OCCC, OIA, and the port at Cape Canaveral need to be connected by rail. Best work with a third party such as All Aboard Florida (who is already laying track between OIA and Cocoa Beach).

Any big capital gains should go into fixing EC first, building more convention space with connecting hotels, build infrastructure at DHS to prepare it for expansion, and get back to the schedule of new E-tickets at all the parks every 4-5 years. The EC fix should cost around $1 billion for a complete makeover of most FW attractions and WS refreshes.

It's like beattlejuice. Monorail...monorail...monorail

What is BLT? (Besides lunch)
Bay Lake Tower

Nubs70

Capital gains? I think you mean investment which is an expense.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I think to some extent it was done with Horizon West in mind. That took a back seat in 2008, but has since got going again. That will bring a huge amount of residents to that side of WDW. It might be worth them hanging onto it for a few more years.

Yep. Just look at all that construction behind the MK (make me want to cry) in Faux Windermere.

And soon there will be a massive WDW entrance on the backside of the MK for largely CMs.

In 2008, it was all swamps, scrub and old orange groves too.

Walt's blessing of size has been urinated away by Eisner and Iger.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Can't blame em, even if just junketing on the company dime. Paris last week as an excuse not to be in Orlando in July this week? Mingling with the workers.. I once had a boss who would keep his hands in his pockets so he didn't have to touch the unwashed masses he was forced to meet and greet with. Only person I ever saw him shake hands with was the Governor of the state, and those were the dirtiest hands of the bunch.

Remember that I found out (and broke the news HERE) that George Kalogridis was replacing Meg Crofton as WDW head when he appeared at the New Fantasyland media opening as Disney's highest ranking official and was seen touring Florida Governor (He Who Shall Not be Named, at least here) around?

Yep, those are clean hands.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Four Seasons almost didnt happen, or Golden Oaks, or both? I would think since TWDC enjoys taking money to help Abu Dahbi clean up its image that they would also have close ties with Prince Alwaleed and Four Season would be a sure thing. Im still learning all about the UAE and their love of buying a proper image for their "brand" instead of earning it. Loss of respect for the people and companies who assist their efforts as well and turn a blind eye to the ugly underbelly of the UAE

Both ... although Four Seasons was far iffier. ... I just pray that when it opens next month they don't invite the O-Town bloggers for a free stay. I really don't need to see those types at a place they would never feel comfortable even walking in the lobby getting free stays.

Speaking of which, all the fanboi angst about Club 33's redo? I agree with them ... and then some. And, yes, you can Tweet that!!! What a horrible play for the money of Lifestylers.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I just pray that when it opens next month they don't invite the O-Town bloggers for a free stay. I really don't need to see those types at a place they would never feel comfortable even walking in the lobby getting free stays.

hopefully Four Seasons won't allow cargo shorts for the event and that should eliminate most of the bloggers from being able to attend because that seems to be about as formal as most of them are capable of. Your as likely to see an O-town blogger in tailored pants and buck shoes as seeing Rhine River get greenlit.

Magenta Panther

Yep. Just look at all that construction behind the MK (make me want to cry) in Faux Windermere.

And soon there will be a massive WDW entrance (no fanboi jokes, please) on the backside of the MK for largely CMs.

Yup.

PeterAlt

And soon there will be a massive WDW entrance on the backside of the MK for largely CMs.

By Iger, yes, not Eisner. Eisner actually expanded the property on at least three occasions: the property where Flamingo Crossings was going to go, the Lake County property, and the Disney Reserve (allowed for development on the traditional acres while giving more acres back to nature).

Iger has sold off (1) Celebrations, (2) LBV Crossings, (3) Little Lake Bryan, (4) Golden Oak properties, (5) land just south of AKL, (6) land along Reems Rd., and other smaller lots. I know, it's disgraceful. But Eisner ended with a big net gain of land, not a decrease.

Just setting the record straight.

lazyboy97o

By Iger, yes, not Eisner. Eisner actually expanded the property on at least three occasions: the property where Flamingo Crossings was going to go, the Lake County property, and the Disney Reserve (allowed for development on the traditional acres while giving more acres back to nature).

Iger has sold off (1) Celebrations, (2) LBV Crossings, (3) Little Lake Bryan, (4) Golden Oak properties, (5) land just south of AKL, (6) land along Reems Rd., and other smaller lots. I know, it's disgraceful. But Eisner ended with a big net gain of land, not a decrease.

Just setting the record straight.
Celebration was deannexed and sold with the start of the project. From the beginning the plan was that Disney would eventually cede all control over to the homeowners. That just happened sooner than originally planned.

PeterAlt

Celebration was deannexed and sold with the start of the project. From the beginning the plan was that Disney would eventually cede all control over to the homeowners. That just happened sooner than originally planned.
Yes, the homes, but not all that land and the development itself! There are massive plots of land that are empty along 192 that was given away as part of Celebrations to the company that bought it.

PeterAlt

Such as these two plots, south of 192 and north of I-4:

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom