The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

71jason

Just a question, yall. I haven't been to HHN but how are there 8 'e tickets' ? Are they haunted houses/mazes/walk throughs/etc or are actual rides redone with a creepy theme? Help a noob out :\ Photos of HHN welcome to prove point... anything to take my mind off of what I just saw.

They are not rides, just walk-through sets featuring special effects and actors, but with a length and level of detail on a par with any attraction in the Orlando area (and often the wait times to match). Like any theme park experience, video doesn't do them justice, but Google "American Werewolf in London" to get an idea of what what's last year's top house entailed.

And a strong argument can be made for original comedy Bill & Ted show every year, as well.

WDW1974

Original Poster
With the sad news of the day, I really find it hard to deal with the inanity and insanity that ensues here over various topics.

But it certainly makes you wonder what kind of world we have helped create in the 21st century. Unless you're a defense contractor, the world just becomes a worse, scarier place by the day.

But really ... why would you ever fly jetliners over a warzone where planes have been shot down this week? Oh. yeah, you don't want to spend extra $$$ on flying around the area.

Funny (or totally sick story in our aviation circles): the Orlando TSA had to give a tutorial to its workforce at MCO when one of its workers didn't recognize the District of Columbia as part of the United States when presented with a D.C. driver's license. And people have faith in theme park workers ?

You do get what you pay for, and what you invest in.

News recently came out that UNI won't be going through with its park plans for South Korea. I can't fathom them going through with their plans for Russia.

FOX isn't buying Time Warner, no matter how much Murdoch wants one last deal before he drops dead. ... Disney is always looking to acquire under Iger, but please ... they aren't buying Viacom or Warner Bros or any of the other crazy theories that get tossed out. But something else? Quite possible.

I don't know if I've stated here yet (and I realize it will get buried, so it will go in my new thread too), but Flamingo Crossing is dead. Totally. From within Disney, anyway. I keep hearing various chatter about the two Marriott branded properties that were supposed to be built (of course, there was supposed to be a Walgreen's agreement about three years ago that went nowhere). If there is a signed deal, and Marriott wants to build, then they will. But Disney isn't looking for anyone else and from an internal standpoint, the project is DoA.

When I think of July 17th, I can't help but think of nine years ago. What an amazing day that was. But I've spent numerous 717s at DL and they are all special. Without it, we'd have nothing to talk about because it created an industry. And it still is special in a way that no place else is.

Yep. Lot's of stuff coming to UNI as we move forward, which is really great since UNI has developed its own Lifestylers (the true measure, sadly, of arriving at the top of the theme park food chain!) and they will grow bored with Diagon Alley if they live there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't know if I've stated here yet (and I realize it will get buried, so it will go in my new thread too), but Flamingo Crossing is dead. Totally. From within Disney, anyway. I keep hearing various chatter about the two Marriott branded properties that were supposed to be built (of course, there was supposed to be a Walgreen's agreement about three years ago that went nowhere). If there is a signed deal, and Marriott wants to build, then they will. But Disney isn't looking for anyone else and from an internal standpoint, the project is DoA.

I've been expecting the announcement that this will be sold off to a third party developer for some time. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yep. Lot's of stuff coming to UNI as we move forward, which is really great since UNI has developed its own Lifestylers (the true measure, sadly, of arriving at the top of the theme park food chain!) and they will grow bored with Diagon Alley if they live there.

LOL I can just see it now - forget Trip Advisor ratings, Fox News and Huffington will soon be ranking the top 10 theme parks by density of Lifestylers occupying the various parks.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, so MAGICal Steve is reporting that Disney P&R execs are out and about in O-Town this week.

My reaction? So what. That's their job to run the resort and every once in a while that requires getting out in the miserable weather to mingle (or actually just be seen) with the dirty riff-raff that works and visits the resort.

Georgie K is only the Prez and Meg (who still has an O-Town office) is his supervisor. And Jim MacPhee is O-Town based, unless that suddenly changed when MM+/NGE was handed over to George.

Oh ... more interesting, perhaps, is that Bob Iger as well as Tom Staggs showed up in Paris last week for the Ratatouille debut at the Studios.

doctornick

Someone who has no other crutch to stand when making a comparison between the two parks right now and how they are being ran.

That's silly and insulting. A lot of folks -- myself included -- rather enjoy parades, pyro and other entertainment options at theme parks. I think it makes a significant addition to them. And, obviously, the people who spend the time to enjoy the offerings care as well.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I've been expecting the announcement that this will be sold off to a third party developer for some time. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I've heard that chatter. Nothing definite yet, but seeing how much land they have sold off (Walt's blessing of size doesn't seem to matter in the 21st century) I very much think it will happen.

BTW, it does show the idea was flawed from the start.

WDW1974

Original Poster
LOL I can just see it now - forget Trip Advisor ratings, Fox News and Huffington will soon be ranking the top 10 theme parks by density of Lifestylers occupying the various parks.

I don't get it. I never will. I love WDW (yes, still ... tough love is love). I love UNI. Hell, I love Knott's ... and Busch Gardens (both versions). It takes a very bad park for me not to.

But living one's life based around a theme park (or parks), any park, when you do not work there at a management level isn't healthy nor normal. (And I say that having been to 11 parks around the world since January because at some point I do go home and live, or attempt to!!!)

TalkingHead

Even more than that, the Uni lifestylers are now making guest appearances on podcasts. Yep, Universal has really arrived. O happy day!

COProgressFan

I've heard that chatter. Nothing definite yet, but seeing how much land they have sold off (Walt's blessing of size doesn't seem to matter in the 21st century) I very much think it will happen.

BTW, it does show the idea was flawed from the start.

Did anyone (besides delusional executives and a handful of Disney-can-do-no-wrong fanbois) ever think Flamingo Crossings was a good idea?

The thought of all the land that has been sold off (and may be sold off in this case) is rather upsetting.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Even more than that, the Uni lifestylers are now making guest appearances on podcasts. Yep, Universal has really arrived. O happy day!

I don't know. Many folks think UNI arrived in 2010. I happen to think it was a wonderful resort in 1999 and in 2004 and in 2008. It's just worlds better now.

The only time I felt UNI was a day diversion was back in the 90s.

It's always been quality. ... I think Potter simply showed how good a product they were capable of delivering if someone forceful enough was pushing (that would be J.K., although I have a great deal of respect for their management team as well).

PhotoDave219

BTW, anyone who thinks that network news is passe and we should just get news from Twitter is not listening and watching what I am on ABC right now. So tragic. Stupid. People are just evil and vile ...

We're watching the same thing right now. Gold star for them and NBC. (ABC seems to have better info but I prefer Brian Williams)

PhotoDave219

Forgive my ignorance but what is black stone?

The only blackstone I know of is a investment firm.

Thats exactly who we mean. Blackstone used to be the principle investor until Comcast came along and then bought out the majority stake. They still own some.

Blackstone currently is the primary investor in the former Busch parks, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Tampa Bay and Sea Worlds.

cw1982

BTW, anyone who thinks that network news is passe and we should just get news from Twitter is not listening and watching what I am on ABC right now. So tragic. Stupid. People are just evil and vile ...

Sorry, but I'm not near my TV at the moment. Is it about the plane crash?

PhotoDave219

Did anyone (besides delusional executives and a handful of Disney-can-do-no-wrong fanbois) ever think Flamingo Crossings was a good idea?

The thought of all the land that has been sold off (and may be sold off in this case) is rather upsetting.

Actually.... I do. I think an area of hotels and restaurants would be good. It gets all the guests who come in from I-75 and the turnpike.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom