The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

Thanks for explaining, now I feel like I need to watch Wrath of Khan. Can I just jump in with that movie and not be confused?

Yes. You can start right there. And after you're done watching it? You will want to burn your copy of "into darkness"

Hey I'm not trying to rain on your parade… I'm just trying to get factual and accurate information out here.

Besides… There's interesting activity going on over in Jurassic Park…

tirian

Yeah, I saw it pop up on my news feed about an hour ago. I'm not surprised; Comcast has long been one of the worst cable providers. They're lucky that the public doesn't immediately associate "NBC" and "Universal" with "evil cable company."

So I'm surprised that no one has brought up the insane amount of bad press Comcast is getting on their customer service and the legs that the story seems to have in light of the Comcast-TWC merger evaluation. If this customer service issue happened anywhere within TWDC these boards would be lit up.

Comcast has done a great job re-energizing NBCUni and the Uni Theme Parks...but are they neglecting their core revenue business, you know the revenue that allows them to spend lavishly in the parks the last couple of years?

stlphil

The paramount attraction was a combination of TNG and ds9

It was pretty cool - just limited re-ride appeal and as a standalone entertainment complex it had to charge a pretty penny. The same attractions in a theme park would have been awesome
Quick question- are you referring to what was in Vegas or something else?

If Vegas, yes I mostly agree.

Trauma

Star Trek seems like a strange choice to me. If Disney decides to capitalize on there Star Wars ip in the next 40 years I feel that it would dwarf anything "Star Trek".

Although it could just be my personal bias since I would have no interest in a Star Trek land.

I'm not sure which would be more underwhelming Star Trek or pandora.

Cody5242

I believe there is space for an attraction between MiB and The Simpsons. It seems like a Star Trek attraction is actually going to happen and it's not just a rumor started on twitter. I'm all in for this. Star Trek and a Kidzone redo is going to do wonders for this park

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Spirit, shooting you a PM with a few questions regarding cnn topic...don't want it to be buried here.

:)

Hey sister-friend. Been talking to my CM since the beginning of July over this and now just again over the CNN fuel to the fire. Enlightening. There are some sick-o's in our world.

Me, now knowing some facts about Disney and their cooperation early this month I am very comfortable with Disney and their desire to protect their guests along with themselves. As evidence sharing shakes out I am betting the 'rest of the story' will not be as sensationalized as this CNN story tore through the fan community and why it seems to have been dropped very quickly on other boards. Sometimes they either have to run a story to get the attention or choose to not run a story later because it will not have the bite once more specifics trickles out.

But in the end after emotions were jerked around for a few days it is nice to be just angry with the perps and pervs.

lebeau

Thanks for explaining, now I feel like I need to watch Wrath of Khan. Can I just jump in with that movie and not be confused?

Yes you can. It is a stand-alone movie. It followed up on an episode of the original show called Space Seed. But they tell you everything you need to know in the movie. It's not just the best Star Trek movie. It's one of the few Star Trek movies that is really good as a regular movie.

Enjoy!

Nemo14

Makes me think twice about wanting a Star Trek attraction/land. Too funny :hilarious:
Who wouldn't?

BigBangTheory-StarTrek.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Star Trek seems like a strange choice to me. If Disney decides to capitalize on there Star Wars ip in the next 40 years I feel that it would dwarf anything "Star Trek".

Although it could just be my personal bias since I would have no interest in a Star Trek land.

I'm not sure which would be more underwhelming Star Trek or pandora.
You'd probably find a good deal of crossover in the fan bases of both. And I've not heard much about an Avatar one....

lobelia

Since The Hunger Games, Divergent, and soon The Maze Runner are hot among young readers, perhaps a park that recreates a apocalyptic environment in which visitors must escape by their wits would be popular. Nah, all books can't be made into amusement park lands.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom