The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

twebber55

From my completely detached and uneducated view, I feel like Hunger Games has replaced Twilight. I know they are different genres, but they seem to appeal to similar folks.

Again, just a sense I get, but I'm not part of the target audience.
nope I think you re spot on...hunger games was/is huge with teen agers...saw the books all the time at the school where I teach....which was the point I was making when we were discussing star wars..hunger games and Potter books are still every where in schools...that's why I chuckle when I see people claiming potter is a fad

PhotoDave219

You know the saying, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

There is smoke to this, and to some extent....fire.

This goes back a year or so, as a blue-sky sort of thing. Trying to find out more now.

Oh, and here's the MiB adjacent plot:
View attachment 59168

So essentially you're saying that there is something to this, it is something that was discussed at one point and perhaps we should not get our hopes horribly high?

flynnibus

Premium Member
It would be interesting and unexpected. They are taking on a huge gamble because of the die hard involved. What star trek generation do you showcase? There are so many iterations and no matter which you choose, you're going to catch heat from the fans.

The paramount attraction was a combination of TNG and ds9

It was pretty cool - just limited re-ride appeal and as a standalone entertainment complex it had to charge a pretty penny. The same attractions in a theme park would have been awesome

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thanks. It could be a good fit too making that area fully Sci-Fi themed. But, what could they do? A space flight simulator would be a waste since it would just be a retread of Star Tours. Maybe we should take this to the imagineering section to brainstorm ideas.

Or simply google "Star Trek: the experience"

TeriofTerror

Pretty much.
Twilight seems incredibly stupid to me. But I couldn't keep my wife away. I'm not sure if the fervor has died out. But at it's peak, Twi-hards rivaled Potterheads. I bet a Twilight land would be packed.
I have to be honest: the thought of "Twilight" makes me throw up in my mouth a little. If they go with that when they could do "Star Trek" -- well, the "Kaaaaahhhhhn!" meme is quite overdone, but undeniably appropriate.

lebeau

Where exactly do you think it got stupid?

The movie had escalating stupid from the minute the magic blood was introduced. Scratch that. From the opening scene where the Enterprise hid under the ocean. But the stupid really hit the fan when they started reading lines directly from Wrath of Khan. That was the scene that made me fume. Never fully got over it.

Atomicmickey

WDW fans don't have to feel so bad. They could always go to both resorts so there's always something to look forward to. Revolutionary idea I know :rolleyes:

You are completely correct. That said, we 'round these parts still long for the day when Disney was the industry leader, where 'holy cow, can you believe they did THAT' was commonplace, where we were astounded by new ideas and technologies, and WDW was the crown jewel of theme park experiences. And so, WDW fans will, on one hand, benefit from more awesomeness like HP land, and simultaneously mourn what could have been and
should have been, in the place that started it all.

ProfSavage

The movie had escalating stupid from the minute the magic blood was introduced. Scratch that. From the opening scene where the Enterprise hid under the ocean. But the stupid really hit the fan when they started reading lines directly from Wrath of Khan. That was the scene that made me fume. Never fully got over it.

Same here.

DocMcHulk

Nemo14

I vividly remembering my son sputtering for weeks after seeing that movie.

seascape

The spirit said there would be news this week from Disney. Inside the magic said there would be news this week. So even if the spirit does not let us in on it we should all be thankful for letting us know something is coming. I'm hoping for something big. The hints have been coming from all over the place. Even Bloomberg had a story on Disney's new Design system and that big things were coming.

Mike S

Thanks for explaining, now I feel like I need to watch Wrath of Khan. Can I just jump in with that movie and not be confused?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom