The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

lebeau

I feel like the new Star Trek films -- which I found entertaining, but not great -- were more like Star Wars films anyway. That's actually a problem with them, because they don't feel "right" for Star Trek. OTOH, I think Abrams' style will be better for Star Wars and will set a proper tone there.

I was okay with the reboot. And I was going along with Into Darkness up until it got really stupid. It actually made me angry. I will admit it is far from the worst Star Trek movie ever. But it is closer to the bottom than the top.

doctornick

As a high school literature teacher, I can tell you the fervor has definitely died down. I read the books and saw the movies so I could keep up with my students in discussions on what little literary value they had, and I know at one time they were very popular, but I can't see them being as popular now as Potter.

From my completely detached and uneducated view, I feel like Hunger Games has replaced Twilight. I know they are different genres, but they seem to appeal to similar folks.

Again, just a sense I get, but I'm not part of the target audience.

Mike S

I was okay with the reboot. And I was going along with Into Darkness up until it got really stupid. It actually made me angry. I will admit it is far from the worst Star Trek movie ever. But it is closer to the bottom than the top.
Where exactly do you think it got stupid?

Rodan75

In my area, Comcast has always had terrible customer service.

Yeah, here as well. I once had issues so bad with them that I wrote Brian Roberts and explained all of the things they did wrong and how they could have fixed them, they had me fixed up in less than a day and a week later a Comcast recruiter called and asked for my resume. I sent them my info but I declined the opportunity as I had just started a new job.

cw1982

Yeah, here as well. I once had issues so bad with them that I wrote Brian Roberts and explained all of the things they did wrong and how they could have fixed them, they had me fixed up in less than a day and a week later a Comcast recruiter called and asked for my resume. I sent them my info but I declined the opportunity as I had just started a new job.

I had to inform Comcast that the idiots who dug up my yard three times to install one line of cable were no longer welcome on my property. PM me if you want the details on that one.

doctornick

I remember reading a rumor on this very site some years ago that the Tron coaster was being planned for Magic Kingdom.

Yes, the ride going into SDL was being considered for MK's TL. Either in the current backstage area where the stage used to be (now used for parking) or possibly replacing Laugh Floor (and using some of that backstage space as well)

doctornick

Pff! Well MK is sure not in need rides like HS is. It would be nice to see HS get a ride like that but we all know TDO isn't gonna spend the $$$

Love to see it (though rumor is that the Star Wars "speeder bike coaster" being considered is the same ride as Tron just with a different theme).

Would love to see a "sci-fi" area of DHS. Besides Tron, though, Disney doesn't have much good properties to use (beyond Star Wars, which deserves its own land). I don't think anyone is dying for a Black Hole attraction. The Sci-fi drive in would be a great restaurant for such an area though.

Mike S

Pff! Well MK is sure not in need rides like HS is. It would be nice to see HS get a ride like that but we all know TDO isn't gonna spend the $$$
I agree that Hollywood Studios is in need of rides more but Magic Kingdom still hasn't gotten a true E-Ticket since Splash Mountain in 1992. Tron would be perfect for Tomorrowland IMO. Let DHS have Star Wars, Pixar and Frozen if they would just build a land instead of a stupid overlay.

Lee

Adventurer
You know the saying, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

There is smoke to this, and to some extent....fire.

This goes back a year or so, as a blue-sky sort of thing. Trying to find out more now.

Oh, and here's the MiB adjacent plot:
mib plot.jpg

Mike S

You know the saying, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

There is smoke to this, and to some extent....fire.

This goes back a year or so, as a blue-sky sort of thing. Trying to find out more now.

Oh, and here's the MiB adjacent plot:
View attachment 59168
I had no idea the area was so huge :jawdrop: Also it's nice to have an insider come in and comment on this. Now it's not just wild speculation :D

invader

Would love to see a "sci-fi" area of DHS. Besides Tron, though, Disney doesn't have much good properties to use (beyond Star Wars, which deserves its own land). I don't think anyone is dying for a Black Hole attraction. The Sci-fi drive in would be a great restaurant for such an area though.

I guess they could throw John Carter in there, he's Sci-fi enough. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom