The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So I'm new here and could care less who doesn't like me, so is this thread about news and rumor at disney or the fact that child pervs exist.

If People want to talk about how to stop pedos in America they should try to find the how to stop pedos forums.

I know that 74 is a poster that brings
A lot of news and insight and he thinks this is important, and he is correct it is.

But this doesn't seem to be the place to discuss these issues as it is a global issue not a Disney one.

I'm new here and I may be wrong but I get the sense that this thread would have been more closely moderated if it wasn't for the person pushing the topic.
Nobody is making you discuss this here. WDWMagic is a great site with a ton of other threads relating only to WDW attractions and theme parks. This particular thread is a little different. 74 throws out topics and people discuss. It's usually related in some way to WDW or TWDC and the industries they operate in.

I'm not sure I see the point in joining a conversation only to say that you don't think people should be having the conversation. If you have no interest in the topic just say nothing and move on. Let those who want to discuss it have their conversation.

ProfSavage

It's not a Disney problem, it's a global problem. I think the fact that CNN bracketed this around theme parks is the main point of contention. It's a problem in all of society. If companies are hiring KNOW pedophiles and sex offenders, and not making it aware to the consumers, that is a problem. But if employees that pass screenings are hired, it cannot be the fault of the employer, unless they learn about it, keep the employee hired, and then try and cover it up after an incident.

EVERY EMPLOYER IN THE WORLD HAS THIS PROBLEM. It's about how you handle the knowledge once it is uncovered, or how to better screen employees (without imposing on their civil rights).

Thank you!

bhg469

Just because someone didn't deny it, that is not proof of anything.

Although that would be an interesting property for them to get.
It would be interesting and unexpected. They are taking on a huge gamble because of the die hard involved. What star trek generation do you showcase? There are so many iterations and no matter which you choose, you're going to catch heat from the fans.

Nemo14

Nobody is making you discuss this here. WDWMagic is a great site with a ton of other threads relating only to WDW attractions and theme parks. This particular thread is a little different. 74 throws out topics and people discuss. It's usually related in some way to WDW or TWDC and the industries they operate in.

I'm not sure I see the point in joining a conversation only to say that you don't think people should be having the conversation.

hence the rodent odor....

Ignohippo

That is certainly true, but, is a Disney board, especially one that is designated as WDW exclusive, have any real ability to keep a topic moving other then amongst ourselves? The only reason that anyone needs to keep it on this board is if it is somehow proven that Disney had anything to do with the deviant behavior of a very small amount of their employees. This is not a Disney issue, it is a national, maybe even world wide issue. Showing "the slimy underbelly of Disney" is specific. Showing the slimy underbelly of society in general is pertinent and worthy of discussion. Show me that Disney doesn't do whatever is humanly AND legally possible to preempt the hiring of people with evil thoughts and I will get on board with you. If not, then all that is happening is crap is being thrown into the wind just to see where it falls.

That what never happens? Do you mean that people are no longer born that have a sick mind? That Disney have some magic scope that they can use to scan the brain to reveal a hidden scrambled area? Should they include on the employee application the question... "Do you like to look at little boys (or girls) naked?" or "Do you ever have thoughts the normal society would find repulsive?" What can any company do to prevent people from thinking whatever they feel like thinking. Should frontal lobotomies be standard as a requirement to become a trustworthy Cast Member?

I don't see Disney as trying to kill the story, but to be implied that being in a Disney park is any more dangerous then being on your own street isn't fair and the only way they have to deal with it is to ignore the expectation of a response to an unwarranted implication, because they may have already done whatever they can to safeguard against it. There have been no reports of stuff happening in the parks or even in the resorts. It is an issue, but, it is a social issue not a Disney issue. So, why are we sitting here constantly assuming that nothing is being done to avoid problems like this that aren't even happening in Disney proper. And ask yourselves, what could Disney possibly say that would either add to or negate the damage being done to the place because of the use of headline catchers. Leave the Disney property and drive up and down 192 and point out one business along that strip the you can know for sure does not contain someone with evil thoughts working there. Don't think you will find one. The question isn't what is Disney doing to prevent this. The real question is what is society doing to prevent this. The answer is society is doing nothing except trying to pin the blame on something, someplace or someone else.

As usual, you took what was said entirely too literally. I was simply saying Disney needs to get ahead of the story (rather than trying to kill it or act like it doesn't happen).

The people employed by Disney who have these "issues" is so minuscule (even more so the number of employees who have actually been accused while in the job), that it's pretty much a non-factor IMO.

As a parent, you have to be on guard at all times, no matter where you are, but I wouldn't hesitate to let my kids interact with the characters in the park.

I'm much more concerned with them in the bathrooms with guests than I am with them interacting with Disney employees.

PhotoDave219

It would be interesting and unexpected. They are taking on a huge gamble because of the die hard involved. What star trek generation do you showcase? There are so many iterations and no matter which you choose, you're going to catch heat from the fans.

I'm not going to instantly dismiss it, but file it under "Other Odd Rumors."

Bring me well researched proof!

doctornick

Just because someone didn't deny it, that is not proof of anything.

Although that would be an interesting property for them to get.

It would be a good property for Uni as it compliments their other properties (there is no significant "sci-fi" presence) and it would make for a high quality product if done well. The Star Trek Experience in Vegas was actually quite good, it just didn't get the foot traffic needed to be sustained.

IIRC, Star Trek previously had a presence in the Uni parks, so there's a relationship.

bhg469

Simulator like Star Tours? Something like Gingotts (dark coaster with screens)? Or something totally new? What do we all think...
If they do I am going to say that it would be a simulator because the bridge was 90% of the show.. If they go beyond that, good for them, they are trying very hard to keep everyone entertained. Meanwhile cardboard snowmen on popsicle sticks are a thing in wdw.

PrincessNelly_NJ

For now, OrlandoTourismReport (OrlandoPodcast) & ThemeParkInsite via twitter seem to be the best sources for this, if it is true, right now.

They are both claiming to have more information on the Star Trek plans.

Edit: Originally referred to it as an E-ticket ride. But now they are saying "possible rides."

That makes me worry that they don't know as much as they claim.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom