The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Mike S

I hesitate to say you didn't understand my post and will simply say you might want to re-read it at some point and dig a little deeper for the meaning. ...I also added a word to help you in your understanding.
Thanks for the edit, now I understand. The ending was pretty great and was definitely more than "just" a setup.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I could careless who wrote it, really. It was just stated that Fox wrote it. I didn't find it necessary to research where else it was posted.
I'm surprised they even included Disney Cove.
But ranking these based on 1 year of reviews? mmm... I hope if anyone really reads much into this story, they take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Kuzcotopia

Some stuff. . . (and WDW is obviously the biggest offender pool simply because of its size) . . . . Some more stuff

It is important to compare theme parks like WDW to other institutions.

The perspective on such matters is about the proportions, not the raw numbers. . . From what the media has mentioned, there are 36 arrests made since 2006. Disney claims they've had about 300,000 employees during that time period.

That's .012% of employees committing some kind of offense. (Is the true number higher? Obviously, probably, maybe, who knows? But we can only speculate, so let's use it for this thought exercise)

Very recently, just to put it in perspective. . . Pope Francis estimated that 2% of Catholic clergy are involved in similar kinds of offenses (where did that number come from? Still, it's also an admission by the head of the church, so we can use it for this thought exercise).

Again, neither of these numbers is perfectly accurate, but just for fun, do you want to compare .012% and 2% proportionally? Okay. . . the Catholic church's number of incidents per employee is 167 times higher.

That is precisely why comparing across other corporations and institutions is important. This whole "news" story is a sensationalist piece exploiting the fear, pain, and evil of humanity to get viewership and hits for the next 15 minutes. As for the rest of us, we can use this story to promote whatever agenda, outrage, or political stance (or in the case of certain CNN anchors - promoting themselves) we choose. But the problem is a serious humanitarian issue that should be of interest to everyone in this country.

But focusing on WDW's specific actions, and the awful actions of a proportion of their employees specifically, is ridiculous.

This news story broke Monday night, the 14th. If this story actually invokes a true cultural response from the public, and produces some kind of actual, creative prescription that will prevent any future crimes. . . then I will be truly amazed. In reality, it will be utterly forgotten, and by the 21st of July, only a week later, everyone will have moved on. And I speculate it will be the same for you too.

Might as well cut to the chase and post your. . . *sigh* . . . big, breaking news today. Even though you . . . *sigh*. . . don't have to and don't owe us anything. Or whatever.

Todd H

Here maybe (from first film)?

original.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
"
It's based on reviews from TripAdvisor rather than on number of turnstyle entries. I'm guessing that a lot of the people that are writing the reviews aren't going to Magic Kingdom. Probably because "roller coasters are the favorite". And the algorithm includes quantity and quality of hundreds of reviews. So a lot of bad reviews is a good thing? :cool:

I guess many people are not familiar with tripadvisor

The point about quality is based on reviewers reputation on tripadvisor from their review history. Tripadvisor is not just one off reviews...

WildcatDen

The same reason CNN, ABC News, and tons of other news and other outlets wrote the same piece - TripAdvisor put out a press release on it, it's of interest, and they get webpage clicks.
Come on Hula, you are robbing people of their chance to bash Fox News. You are like one of those guys who advertise your lemonade for $.04 but then charge $.02 for a cup and another $.01 if we want it cold. . .

WildcatDen

Can I just say for avoidance of doubt that thinking you are a bit of a prick isnt a post I feel needs reserving for anywhere you cant read it, Im also a believer never to post something you wouldn't be happy to repeat in the flesh.

But thats by the by, perhaps you do break news, I don't follow things that closely but I do know that most of the real hot poop has emanated from sources less self congratulatory than yourself in recent times. Lets be honest your posting style is designed to be opinion laden controversy to mask the minuscule pertinent info it contains. But you do make me laugh with your JT like self sincerity.

As for the paying part, you seem so paranoid about paying for anything Im starting to think you have cheuchter blood.
I wonder how many people will not "Like" this based on who may see they like it? I always like posts that make me laugh. Thanks!

MDactor1980

If your vacation decisions are based off someone else's experiences, you've got larger issues at play.

Argue it all you want, I've got laundry to do.
I often use TripAdvisor to get an idea of things... and then run from the crazy. Look outside of Theme Parks at hotels. Pick just about any hotel, and the reviews will call it anything from a roach motel to Mecca. Same would probably go for a theme park, or a restaurant or any other thing that TripAdvisor would host reviews for. I try to read the reviews for facts, and take most opinion with a grain of salt. (Well maybe a couple grains, my diet doesn't have restrictions... yet)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It is important to compare theme parks like WDW to other institutions.

The perspective on such matters is about the proportions, not the raw numbers. . . From what the media has mentioned, there are 36 arrests made since 2006. Disney claims they've had about 300,000 employees during that time period.

That's .012% of employees committing some kind of offense. (Is the true number higher? Obviously, probably, maybe, who knows? But we can only speculate, so let's use it for this thought exercise)

Very recently, just to put it in perspective. . . Pope Francis estimated that 2% of Catholic clergy are involved in similar kinds of offenses (where did that number come from? Still, it's also an admission by the head of the church, so we can use it for this thought exercise).

Again, neither of these numbers is perfectly accurate, but just for fun, do you want to compare .012% and 2% proportionally? Okay. . . the Catholic church's number of incidents per employee is 167 times higher.

That is precisely why comparing across other corporations and institutions is important. This whole "news" story is a sensationalist piece exploiting the fear, pain, and evil of humanity to get viewership and hits for the next 15 minutes. As for the rest of us, we can use this story to promote whatever agenda, outrage, or political stance (or in the case of certain CNN anchors - promoting themselves) we choose. But the problem is a serious humanitarian issue that should be of interest to everyone in this country.

But focusing on WDW's specific actions, and the awful actions of a proportion of their employees specifically, is ridiculous.

This news story broke Monday night, the 14th. If this story actually invokes a true cultural response from the public, and produces some kind of actual, creative prescription that will prevent any future crimes. . . then I will be truly amazed. In reality, it will be utterly forgotten, and by the 21st of July, only a week later, everyone will have moved on. And I speculate it will be the same for you too.

Might as well cut to the chase and post your. . . *sigh* . . . big, breaking news today. Even though you . . . *sigh*. . . don't have to and don't owe us anything. Or whatever.

Whether its CNN or @WDW1974 that gets people to discuss it, the agenda doesnt matter if it creates awareness and has people talking about it. It creates a spark that may in turn lead to more action being taken by someone who does not want to let it be "utterly forgotten" or go back to talking about Frozen in the parks. We live in a world were people see a story like this and think "thats horrible" then turn the channel to watch The Kardashians or Game of Throwns.

Its easier to turn a blind eye and assume someone else will do something. So 74 is trying to do something (who cares if you think his focus is too heavy on Disney) and some people rip him for it.?? Im not trying to kiss either, I dont personally know 74 outside of these forums and Im simply defending the fact the its a person doing something, not just turning the channel on the tv. I dont blame him if he chooses not to post his new info regarding the parks. Its fun to get insider info but does it really change our lives that much? Our bills will still be due, the sun will still rise, your poop will still stink, and it will come back to the same topics of discussion anyway. Should we be tearing Disney apart for this? No, but it deserves discussion without that 74 dropping new park info is more important.

Animaniac93-98

Whether its CNN or @WDW1974 that gets people to discuss it, the agenda doesnt matter if it creates awareness and has people talking about it. It creates a spark that may in turn lead to more action being taken by someone who does not want to let it be "utterly forgotten" or go back to talking about Frozen in the parks. We live in a world were people see a story like this and think "thats horrible" then turn the channel to watch The Kardashians or Game of Throwns.

Its easier to turn a blind eye and assume someone else will do something. So 74 is trying to do something (who cares if you think his focus is too heavy on Disney) and some people rip him for it.?? Im not trying to kiss either, I dont personally know 74 outside of these forums and Im simply defending the fact the its a person doing something, not just turning the channel on the tv. I dont blame him if he chooses not to post his new info regarding the parks. Its fun to get insider info but does it really change our lives that much? Our bills will still be due, the sun will still rise, your poop will still stink, and it will come back to the same topics of discussion anyway. Should we be tearing Disney apart for this? No, but it deserves discussion without that 74 dropping new park info is more important.

We already have a seperate thread for that discussion on the home page of "new and rumours" right now that will give the story more direct exposure than having it buried here in this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom