The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cesar R M

What is that? A sponge? Can it do the maths?
that is actually an alien race called "Kraang"
b2Y1b8m.jpg

71jason

Here's a fun thought experiment to attempt to derail the derailment ...

The first mention I can find of the DTD West Side Starbucks was September 4 last year. The Spirit may have alluded to it in a throw-away line earlier, but that was the first time it became semi-official news. Wezels closed by Halloween, then Starbucks opened on May 19 this year. That's roughly 7.5 months from announcement to opening. For a store that, although very nice, largely built out from an existing building.

By all accounts the new DTD garage should be open by December 1 (ideally Thanksgiving a week earlier). Check your calendars, that's roughly 4.5 months away.

What new and exciting aspects of Disney Springs will be open by then? The Boathouse should be close, but it's been on the agenda since the day PI closed. (It predates Hyperion Wharf.) And "Food Truck Park," i.e. "Someone Find a Use for These White Elephants We Bought."* Which but for the fake train trestles--Diagon did it!--could have been set up literally overnight. Nothing else has been formally announced. And it defies belief that anything new could be opened by December at this point.

So how long before we see the concept art for PI 5.0?

* Other than July 4/5, and one night I saw the EPCOT truck on the West Side, I believe these have remained parked behind Cirque all Summer.

Cesar R M

I'm gonna say one thing and one thing only on this imporant topic:

While WDW may very well be one of the safest places for an adult with an all adult party to vacation, it's safe to say it is no longer the case with children.

If there are children in your party, the bubble does not exist.

There is a percentage of people who have this issue who chose theme parks as a place of employment specifically to be near children. The same is true for a percentage of guests, who don't have to fill out an application form or submit to an interview. It would not surprise me if the MK has one, if not several, people who fit this description within the gates at all times. You hope this important story (whether well done or not - I didn't see it) motivates all theme park operators to reevaluate if they are doing the best they can to protect their most vunerable guests.

But more importantly, you hope that the parents realize the real potential danger that exists there. That these people are within the gates. That they still have fun, but realize that they have to recognize the reality.

I think employees have more opportunity and time than your everyday guest.

For example, a very crazyed out child abuser.. could have abused a few dozens of children during a work year.
Someone who visited the parks once or twice, Will not have that much opportunity or time to abuse that many (even if there was intent)

*edit*
whoops sorry, I didnt noticed the mom finally set a final end to this conversation. I wont continue on this issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom