The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

jt04

Put Frozen elsewhere in World and give it the proper attraction that the fandom deserves, not cheapen Norway.

As stated earlier I am for 'tooning' WS. And I figure this is likely an interim step anyway. If it proves popular enough I would guess an original attraction or even a land would be developed for DHS or the MK. At which point Norway could be updated with modern tech and perhaps reimagined more like the original.

This is a winning strategy in the long term. IMO.

bhg469

I have not seen it either but think it would be a great add for Norway at World Showcase. The attraction really needs a refresh/reimagining, as does the post show and probably the queue.
Have you been to world showcase? Does any other country have cartoons, front and center as the main draw? Regardless of the loosely based ties of frozen and Norway it's obvious by the video posted earlier that Norwegians do no associate themselves with frozen. Their culture is worth more to them than a popular cartoon.

To even suggest it is a good idea is just a knee jerk reaction to the popularity of the movie.. It would cheapen epcot even further and destroy any hope of wdw once again being a vacation destination for all ages..

bhg469

As stated earlier I am for 'tooning' WS. And I figure this is likely an interim step anyway. If it proves popular enough I would guess an original attraction or even a land would be developed for DHS or the MK. At which point Norway could be updated with modern tech and perhaps reimagined more like the original.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but yours..... Wow! do I dislike your opinion so very much...

Mike S

And as I've stated earlier for this very same flawed argument why the HELL would Disney develop a new ride or land if the one in Norway is popular? If anything, TDO will sit around on their collective lazy rear ends and give the same old same old "it's good enough, why do more"? USE YOUR BRAIN AND THINK FOR ONCE!!!!!!!! If you want Frozen in the parks like I do, hope Disney goes all out the first time. Not that they do something cheap to "test the waters". My god man.......

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I have not seen it either but think it would be a great add for Norway at World Showcase. The attraction really needs a refresh/reimagining, as does the post show and probably the queue.

The mural in the queue is amazing. I could not imagine Norway pavilion without it, not to mention it has one of my favorite hidden mickeys. Why do people want EPCOT to turn into Magic Kingdom so badly? Just stop already.

cw1982

The mural in the queue is amazing. I could not imagine Norway pavilion without it, not to mention it has one of my favorite hidden mickeys. Why do people want EPCOT to turn into Magic Kingdom so badly? Just stop already.

This.

I'm trying to be polite here, but I think we all thoroughly understand your idea, @jt04 , and we still don't like it. No amount of repeating it will change that.

FigmentJedi

Because why revive classic Epcot's sense of dignity when you can make everything a cartoon tie-in instead? Screw original content!

That being said, I feel like Caballeros kinda works because El Rio del Tiempo and the film's third act were basically the same damn thing, plus the film in general was about exploring different cultures and places rather then having any real narrative. Even the film's purpose as a tool to keep relations between the US and Latin America friendly during WWII seems to mesh with World Showcase's overall tone of global friendship. The execution leaves something to be desired, but honestly, it and Saludos Amigos are the most World Showcase-y material in the entire Disney animation library.

Mike S

Keep the mural, redo the rest to look like the interior of the castle that's on the outside.

ProfSavage

I want a Frozen ride in WDW. Badly. I don't want it in Epcot. Now if the port of Arrendale was to be added to MK or DHS? All for it. In fact, an Arrendale, Star Wars and beefed up Pixar Place may be what the doctor ordered for DHS.

HOWEVER. WS also needs rides. Badly. And a new country. With a ride. Add Rat to France, a boat ride in Germany or Italy and maybe something more thrilling for Japan (Nintendo, looking at you).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom