The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

asianway

I haven't seen Frozen, and have no plans to, but I really am unaware of any connection to the earth's seas or oceans.
Granted, TDS sometimes plays a bit loose with it's theme (though I think Mermaid fits) but that's no reason to throw fuel on the fire.

Fantasyland exists for a reason.
I really think it could work, especially if you reclaim Stormrider in all it's suckiness for either repurposing to Frozen or redevelopment. Then build the ice castle dark ride on the Indy plot

ABQ

I haven't seen Frozen, and have no plans to, but I really am unaware of any connection to the earth's seas or oceans.
Granted, TDS sometimes plays a bit loose with it's theme (though I think Mermaid fits) but that's no reason to throw fuel on the fire.

Fantasyland exists for a reason.
Lee, c'mon now, I cannot say I disagree with you about where Frozen may or may not fit, but one could argue, strongly, that you have no basis for an opinion on it if you haven't even seen the movie.

Bairstow

And that's why Disney ended up picking that team: So obscure that there wouldn't be as many people crying foul at their changes.

They probably went with relative unknowns because they're cheap.

The only one I have even a cursory familiarity with is Damon Wayans Jr.

MV5BMjI3MDY2ODQwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjUzNjE4MTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

lazyboy97o

Arendelle's a Norwegian sea port town, with the winter Elsa causes freezing many ships into place. And even outside just Frozen stuff, would be a good way to bring a "North Sea" representative to the park and could probably have a viking attraction like how Arabian Coast has Sinbad.
But how critical is the seaport to the heart of the story? Frozen is a story about a relationship, not a story about a place.

PREMiERdrum

I'd rather chain myself to the doors of Maelstrom than see Frozen complete its takeover of Norway, but I'd have no issue with a Port of Arendelle at TDS... The port is how most of the film's supporting characters even arrive, and the film's climax takes place on its frozen waters.

Can you imagine a nightly "freezing" and "unfreezing" of the port using the bubblescreen / digitally mapped projection technology used to create the Mermaids in Pirates?

TDS is already beautiful at night... That would put it wonderfully over the top.

Last edited:

Bairstow

Neither is Damon Wayans if you watched the brilliant Happy Endings.

I like the cast, WDAS do tend to cast their films well.

I'm just glad that they've finally learned not to cast non-Asian actors in Asian roles, or to play fast and loose with the Chinese/Japanese distinction.

dupac

Damon Wayans Jr - New Girl
Scott Adsit - 30 Rock
TJ Miller - How to Train Your Dragon, HtTYD2

These guys have been in a lot more but these are probably the most main-stream/well-known to most people on this board.

jt04

Lee, c'mon now, I cannot say I disagree with you about where Frozen may or may not fit, but one could argue, strongly, that you have no basis for an opinion on it if you haven't even seen the movie.

I have not seen it either but think it would be a great add for Norway at World Showcase. The attraction really needs a refresh/reimagining, as does the post show and probably the queue.

ABQ

Damon Wayans Jr - New Girl
Scott Adsit - 30 Rock
TJ Miller - How to Train Your Dragon, HtTYD2

These guys have been in a lot more but these are probably the most main-stream/well-known to most people on this board.
To be somewhat more accurate, I don't think Wayan's was on New Girl beyond the pilot. He committed to Happy Endings instead. Just to be cancelled by ABC later.

ABQ

I have not seen it either but think it would be a great add for Norway at World Showcase. The attraction really needs a refresh/reimagining, as does the post show and probably the queue.
Then that puts you in the same boat as @Lee , which may be scary, by having not seen it. However, I will say that your want of a refresh of the Norway pavilion can stand separate from what the refresh is themed around. Still, you ought to see the movie first to decide if that is the correct theme. I'm going to say that I think it's not wise, but not so much based on the movie's content, but upon the fact that I'd just simply rather not have the pavilion depend upon a work of fiction. Ancient lore, like that of trolls is something else entirely.
Now that may be Lee's stance, don't put movies in the WS and that alone is why he's against it. If so, I agree with him. Though still, you both would be better served to support either claim if you'd just see the darn cartoon once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom