The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Goofyernmost

The news tonight?

Lou is hosting the reboot of The Wonderful World of Disney premiering this fall on ABC. His recent TV and media appearences are part of his "training" to fill Walt's shoes. Excerpt from an upcoming blog post on this news:

"Lou and Walt have a lot in common" remarks ABC President, Ben Sherwood. "Both are innovators in their respective fields and have the dynamic charsima needed to take on this important role."

"We believe with Lou as our host the Disney brand will become stronger than ever, and an entire new generation will fall in love with re-imaginings of our great classics like "The Absent-Minded Professor", starring Nick Cannon in the title role, and Shia Labeouf in his triumphant return to Disney."
;)
What are you trying to do? Put Spirit on suicide watch? :jawdrop::joyfull:

Hah. Not at all. I just understand how the wealthy got where they are and how they keep what they have.

I would shill for Disney in a minute if they placed a contract under my nose at a fair price. I'd even try and be honest about what I am talking about while shilling (I was a debate champ, so I can easily argue from multiple PoV). I wonder how happy Disney will be after I drop my latest thread!:devilish::greedy::cool:
Pull back just a bit. You are going in too hot.

Lee

Adventurer
So here's a general question: when Frozen makes its inevitable debut in Tokyo, will folks be furious, indifferent or generally happy if it takes over the expansion plot in TDS (beside Indy)? Obviously assuming it lives up to general TDS quality/sizeable investment.

The Port of Arendelle isn't much of a stretch from the original Glacier Bay long-term plans for the site after all...

I'm just wondering if folks are going to scream bloody murder if it doesn't wind up in Fantasyland.
Frozen in TDS is a terrible idea. It belongs in Fantasyland, a studio park or nowhere.

doctornick

Care to explain why you think it's such a horrible idea for TDS? Just curious, wanna hear your thoughts - I have no strong feelings either way.

I have no strong feelings either, but -- if done properly -- it doesn't strike me as more out of place than the Arabia or Little Mermaid areas are in that park. It wouldn't have to be explicitly Frozen themed, but perhaps more like "arctic seas" with Frozen stuff located there.

Lee

Adventurer
Care to explain why you think it's such a horrible idea for TDS? Just curious, wanna hear your thoughts - I have no strong feelings either way.
I have no strong feelings either, but -- if done properly -- it doesn't strike me as more out of place than the Arabia or Little Mermaid areas are in that park. It wouldn't have to be explicitly Frozen themed, but perhaps more like "arctic seas" with Frozen stuff located there.
I haven't seen Frozen, and have no plans to, but I really am unaware of any connection to the earth's seas or oceans.
Granted, TDS sometimes plays a bit loose with it's theme (though I think Mermaid fits) but that's no reason to throw fuel on the fire.

Fantasyland exists for a reason.

FigmentJedi

I haven't seen Frozen, and have no plans to, but I really am unaware of any connection to the earth's seas or oceans.
Granted, TDS sometimes plays a bit loose with it's theme (though I think Mermaid fits) but that's no reason to throw fuel on the fire.

Fantasyland exists for a reason.
Arendelle's a Norwegian sea port town, with the winter Elsa causes freezing many ships into place. And even outside just Frozen stuff, would be a good way to bring a "North Sea" representative to the park and could probably have a viking attraction like how Arabian Coast has Sinbad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom