The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Mike S

So, I just got off Gringotts.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Great ride :) The 3D is INCREDIBLE and the physical sets and screens are HUGE!!!!!!! What I've heard about it is completely true. It's Mummy meets Spider-Man plus steroids. Still wish there were real animatronics but the 3D is so realistic it almost doesn't even matter. I'd LOVE to see Disney top this (if they even want to) :D

PhotoDave219

I'm at the Wilderness Lodge right now, staying in the Villas. (Chaperoning only 5 teenagers this time, not like the 10 we watched last time at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.:D) They also have construction going on here for the water feature. From what I've been told, it's been dragging on for some time. It does seem odd that TDO would OK simultaneous construction for 3 of the Magic Kingdom's 4 Deluxe Resorts during summer season.

Wilderness Lodge occupancy is 79%, surprisingly low during vacation season for what's perhaps WDW's least expensive Deluxe Resort, one that's conveniently close to the Magic Kingdom.

I genuinely was pleased yesterday when I bought a half-gallon of milk at the WL store for only $2.99, a really good price for a hotel store. I commend whoever made the decision to not price gouge on a basic food staple.

There's a publix three miles from you.

Take a right, go past the contemporary. Turn right at the round house (center drive) and take that until it ends. Turn right on reams road. Take that straight for about 2 miles, go through 2 traffic circles and the shopping center should be on your right.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There currently seems to be no wait or return tickets needed to get into Diagon Alley. Gringotts is 120 minutes last time I checked and Hogwarts Express is 20 (riding that now). If anyone in the area wants to take advantage of this come on over.
Gringotts is currently running 5 trains. Expect the waits to continue to drop as more trains can be handled. Thankfully it is quite a people eater.

However, the line still regularly closes well before park closing depending on the amount of guests already inline. Guests are still riding at past midnight due to the length of wait they've had, and third shift obviously need all the time they can get.

Mike S

Gringotts is currently running 5 trains. Expect the waits to continue to drop as more trains can be handled. Thankfully it is quite a people eater.

However, the line still regularly closes well before park closing depending on the amount of guests already inline. Guests are still riding at past midnight due to the length of wait they've had, and third shift obviously need all the time they can get.
The reason I pointed it out is that just earlier today Gringotts was 240 and for it to drop by half its time was surprising to me. Nice to hear that it's a people eater, hope they get all trains running soon. How many are supposed to run anyway?

Next Big Thing

I've said it before, but I'm really surprised that Uni doesn't have a high quality nighttime show in IOA over the water there. It would be a natural fit and really round out that park.
The problem is that lagoon is so big, meaning it is begging for an illuminations type of show. With how big the Lagoon is though, I would think a considerable amount of Pyro would be needed to make it impressive compared to something like illuminations, but Uni can only do so much with Pyro due to their neighbors.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The problem is that lagoon is so big, meaning it is begging for an illuminations type of show. With how big the Lagoon is though, I would think a considerable amount of Pyro would be needed to make it impressive compared to something like illuminations, but Uni can only do so much with Pyro due to their neighbors.
Uni can do plenty with pyro. Its noise that is the issue. Quiet fireworks can be great when mixed with the right show (Dreams!) but it is more trying to make a unique show and not similar to Cinespec that I think would be a huge issue.

Whatever happens its bound to draw comparison to RoE. And that could be another problem. To compete they'd need to use lighting, lasers, pyro, possibly screens.... which would be similar to Cinespec and RoE.

How do they find a unique show using what lagoon shows by their nature use?

cw1982

Theme park insider has a good story on the future of WDW and they even say, "If you are excited about Diagon Alley .... well, stay tuned. The very best is yet to come."

sider www.themeparkinsider.com/discussion/thread.cfm?page=179

While the article (yes, article, not "story"... sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine) lays out a few observations about things that are currently happening, the part about the best being "yet to come" has little substance to it. Common sense should dictate that Disney would be working with franchises it owns to create new experiences, so this is hardly a glaringly insightful piece IMO.

I'm not completely discounting its claims that great things may be in the works, but I'm not sure I'd take this as any more than an attempt to drum up hits to their website.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom