The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

seascape

Interesting lol. My point, though, was that the integrity of the process of charging something back to one's room doesn't change between the two methods. The person I was quoting had said that there are people who "trust" the magic bands more than they did the card-style room keys. I was trying to figure out the logic behind that... still no solid answer. ;)
You take nothing out now, say nothing to the cashier, scan you band and just put your pin in. That is as secure as you can get. I used to use my credit card all the time at food and wine and now with flower and garden I don't have to. In my case this is hundreds of swipe fees a week that Disney saves for 3 weeks just from my wife and I. It does not matter what you or others think of the way I do things and I don't care. Disney is saving money. That is a fact. If they publicize or not is irrelevant. Facts are facts.

cw1982

You take nothing out now, say nothing to the cashier, scan you band and just put your pin in. That is as secure as you can get. I used to use my credit card all the time at food and wine and now with flower and garden I don't have to. In my case this is hundreds of swipe fees a week that Disney saves for 3 weeks just from my wife and I. It does not matter what you or others think of the way I do things and I don't care. Disney is saving money. That is a fact. If they publicize or not is irrelevant. Facts are facts.

I don't care whether you care about my views on the subject or not... lol. But what you just said still doesn't explain why the magic bands are more trustworthy, as you said they were, than the old card-style room keys. Your post originally had nothing to do with swipe fees, and now you're backpedaling to retain some credibility. You know I wasn't talking about saving money in my original response, because you know the context of your original post that I was quoting. Don't try to spin this.

I really don't care that much. I was just responding to someone else's quote, since they apparently missed the part of the conversation that made my original response to you relevant. I have no interest in drumming this back up. Have a great day.

Last edited:

seascape

I don't care whether you care about my views on the subject or not... lol. But what you just said still doesn't explain why the magic bands are more trustworthy, as you said they were, then the old card-style room keys. Your post originally had nothing to do with swipe fees, and now you're backpedaling to retain some credibility. You know I wasn't talking about saving money in my original response, because you know the context of your original post that I was quoting. Don't try to spin this.

I really don't care that much. I was just responding to someone else's quote, since they apparently missed the part of the conversation that made my original response to you relevant. I have no interest in drumming this back up. Have a great day.
Go back and read all my posts on next gen. I ha en posted so many times about the credit card fees Disney pays. I can't believe you said I haven't.

cw1982

Go back and read all my posts on next gen. I ha en posted so many times about the credit card fees Disney pays. I can't believe you said I haven't.

I was referring to the fact that you said that you "trust" the bands more than you did the old cards. You know exactly what I was talking about, and you're still trying to spin this. You may have said, in other posts, that this move is saving Disney in credit card fees (frankly I don't care enough to thumb through this thread and find out), and I'm not disputing that at all. In fact I agree with that point. But you're still diverting from the context of the point I was questioning, which was a post that had nothing to do with Disney saving money and had everything to do with whether or not their systems are secure. I can't believe you're still fighting me on this. I told you I have no interest in keeping this going.

I already said I'm done with this. I'm moving on. You should too.

NormC

What facts?

ParentsOf4

I think that where it gets into trouble with this is that in a theoretical sense, FP+ could easily prove to actually save time. Given the following kind of average touring plan, taking the existing wait times given on MDE and using the thought that FP+/FP has doubled the standby wait times. Also, assuming the PPF/SM/Splash are my FP+ choices.
I suggest being careful when using touringplans.com numbers. What they've failed to take into consideration in some of their analyses is the effect that the new DAS policy has had on FP/FP+ lines. What is sometimes forgotten is that the new DAS policy went live in the same month that FP+ was unveiled to all onsite guests.

My sources tell me that GAC-to-DAS usage has dropped something like 80%. In other words, the new DAS policy has eliminated approximately 80% of GAC users.

IMHO, that's where most of the savings are coming from.

Focusing on just the effects of FP+, FP+ changes ride distribution in three significant ways.

First, it provides an advantage to onsite guests, who can make their selections up to 60 days in advance.

Second, it helps level the playing fields for inexperienced guests by allowing them to make their selections at home. Knowledgeable park visitors still have an advantage but it has been greatly reduced compared to the days of FP.

Third, it encourages use of secondary attractions.

Everyone can form their own opinions regarding whether these changes are for the better.

seascape

I was referring to the fact that you said that you "trust" the bands more than you did the old cards. You know exactly what I was talking about, and you're still trying to spin this. You may have said, in other posts, that this move is saving Disney in credit card fees (frankly I don't care enough to thumb through this thread and find out), and I'm not disputing that at all. In fact I agree with that point. But you're still diverting from the context of the point I was questioning, which was a post that had nothing to do with Disney saving money and had everything to do with whether or not their systems are secure. I can't believe you're still fighting me on this. I told you I have no interest in keeping this going.

I already said I'm with this. I'm moving on. You should too.
Sorry. I do feel the system with magic bands safer. I never used to charge to my room in any hotel anywhere in the world. You can say I'm wrong and it's the same but I don't feel that way and many others feel the same way I do.

Now getting back to prove if next gen is working or not, I don't agree that just because sales increase proves it's working. I think the only way to judge is but see cost savings. That is what the Disney unions see. The only other way is not disclosed is with attendance. Does it increase the number of days people stay on property or not? The only way we will know for sure is profits. I know I could come up with a reasonable explanation that could show even people spending more time on property doesn't prove it's working. The only proof that can prove if it's working is cost savings from automated check ins, lower labor costs in restaurants from automated ordering and other cost savings. Can this be expanded to other parks? It's hard to tell because not every park has the number of hotel rooms and timeshares. In the mean time there are people who love the new system and others who hate it. If more hate it won't be used and it will be dropped. If more love it then it will continue.

Funmeister

Sorry. I do feel the system with magic bands safer. I never used to charge to my room in any hotel anywhere in the world. You can say I'm wrong and it's the same but I don't feel that way and many others feel the same way I do.

Now getting back to prove if next gen is working or not, I don't agree that just because sales increase proves it's working. I think the only way to judge is but see cost savings. That is what the Disney unions see. The only other way is not disclosed is with attendance. Does it increase the number of days people stay on property or not? The only way we will know for sure is profits. I know I could come up with a reasonable explanation that could show even people spending more time on property doesn't prove it's working. The only proof that can prove if it's working is cost savings from automated check ins, lower labor costs in restaurants from automated ordering and other cost savings. Can this be expanded to other parks? It's hard to tell because not every park has the number of hotel rooms and timeshares. In the mean time there are people who love the new system and others who hate it. If more hate it won't be used and it will be dropped. If more love it then it will continue.

How do you feel it is "safer?" Just curious.

Earlier you said that "attendance" would be the determining factor of success or failure of NextGen. I see you changed your mind.

PrincessNelly_NJ

But as a customer, what difference does using a band vs room key make?

Mike S

I highly doubt it's just going to be a spinner. TDO is stupid but NOT that stupid
image.jpg
Couldn't resist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom