The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Bolna

It would not have "taken over" the campgrounds. IIRC all campgrounds would have stayed in tact. A very Wild Lodge-esque type complex would have been put from just behind Trail's End all the way over to Fort Wild almost. A large parking lot where the current ranch still pretty much is back there with thousands of rooms. New massive pool. That is what I was told from a rather solid individual.

Yes, that's the old rumour that has been around for a while, but the discussion is about a new, similar rumour that was posted on here recently:

Disney campgrounds going away for a new "flagship" resort because a stuffed shirt is worried Four Seasons might outshine GF?

Something I heard, I don't know anything about this.

Sped2424

PShhhh what does diagon alley have creative merchandise that folks wanna buy that also fits the location is that all? WE GOT THESE GUYS
OTS706695-613x916.jpg

(No this is a serious thing that was announced for the frozen dhs takeover, they had more than 6 months to create good merchandise from a film. And this is what happened from that)
IM BUYING 12 (to send to all of my enemies.)

Mike S

PShhhh what does diagon alley have creative merchandise that folks wanna buy that also fits the location is that all? WE GOT THESE GUYS
OTS706695-613x916.jpg

(No this is a serious thing that was announced for the frozen dhs takeover, they had more than 6 months to create good merchandise from a film. And this is what happened from that)
Olaf's legs makes it look like the guy is wearing a powdered wig.

TalkingHead

OTS706695-613x916.jpg

Perfect if you've ever wanted snowman crotch on your head. Which, knowing the people who would buy this...

Sped2424

I don't hate the film or the characters, but man someone needs to get fired lol Olaf hats were really the brightest idea from the company? Seriously? I can think of far more creative things to sell from the film that aren't tacky and outrageous. Like the trolls glowing necklaces. THey could even have a make your own necklace station.
Trolls_frozen_disney2013.jpg

This idea took five minutes. I wonder how long it took for them to cut the bum off a couple of olaf plushes and shout EUREKA.

Bolna

I don't hate the film or the characters, but man someone needs to get fired lol Olaf hats were really the brightest idea from the company? Seriously? I can think of far more creative things to sell from the film that aren't tacky and outrageous. Like the trolls glowing necklaces. THey could even have a make your own necklace station.
Trolls_frozen_disney2013.jpg

This idea took five minutes. I wonder how long it took for them to cut the bum off a couple of olaf plushes and shout EUREKA.

I think the problem with a lot of the merchandise is that the creative process is not to do what you just did: Think about the film, what made it special and then come up with a product that will fit into the theme of the film.

Instead the process is: We know product A sells well enough, how can we decorate product A so that it is a Frozen product?

There is a line of these "put a plush on your head" hats, I have seen Donald walking around on someone's head. So obviously, that's how they came up with the stupid Olaf hat. Somehow there appears to be enough of a market for novelty hats, so they needed a Frozen one.

Last edited:

alissafalco

OTS706695-613x916.jpg

Im speechless

TP2000

looking at this i almost expect to see either greg or peter brady in the back ground carrying the rolled up blue prints that they lose in magic mountain...

or which ever amusement park they were at,

It wasn't Magic Mountain and Greg and Peter didn't lose the blueprints. Jan switched the blueprints by mistake at lunch while they were all visiting King's Island in Cincinatti, Ohio. November, 1973.

Kuzcotopia

Heard it will be based on 70's tv. Easier to license than other ip's.

Two apt tower rides, one is Movin On Up to the Jeffersons, the other is Dynomite with the Good Times gang.

MASH 4077 helicopter simulator ride.

Take a trip to....Fantasy Island aboard the Love Boat!

The Happy Days musical Review inside Al's restaurant.

My personal fave is a ride with Will and Sonny in their big rig honoring the short lived show, Movin' On.

Engine 51 will be saving the day in the Emergency Arena.

That's all I can say for now.

For only 200 million, we can have a themed land called Hazzard County.

A stunt show, the General Lee simulator ride, Rosco meet n' greet, explosive bow and arrows for the kids at the Redneck Training Academy, a restaurant called Cooter's, the possibilities are endless.

h8331C9A9

lazyboy97o

Why is that? Is it a tacit admission that their own Deluxes aren't up to scratch?
It is an extension of the same philosophy behind Flamingo Crossing. That is people who don't stay at Disney because they don't have as much money, Four Seasons was people with money who don't stay at Disney. Golden Oak wasn't originally being run by Disney, so you originally didn't have the overly into Disney fans in the same complex.

SJN1279

Don't forget the stagnation of the parks. If Universal truly knocks it out of the park with their third gate, it could do serious damage to WDW's image.

New Fantasyland, new entertainment, updates to attractions, Avatar and Frozen attractions coming. The park's really are not stagnant.

Universal losing Jaws and Back to the Future over the last 6 years made a lot of guests upset. That would be like Disney shuttering Pirates and Star Tours.

truecoat

If Gringott's is giving Universal as much trouble as rumored(and that's a big if), Universal guest relations will be in for a long summer. I remember Universal Studios in 1990 as a fun but frustrating park.

Have you seen the pics that HTF posted? It looks as if most (locals) are so mesmerized by the land that they'll be ok if they have to wait for Gringotts. If you are from out of town, that's another story....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom