The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cody5242

I would say it's very unlikely to be open before July 8th and even on July 8th I would be shocked if it makes it an hour before breaking down again. It has some major issues.
I guess they don't want a 2 hour wait for a ride that will only last 30 minutes

wogwog

For those heading to MK for the holiday weekend. Now at 8:25 PM Thursday. Standby for 7DMT 120 and Space 180. I am gladly not there but a friend who is reported this and wishes he had stayed home.

Edit : Now 8:45 and special fire works in 15 minutes. Space just jumped to 210 standby. Bet a lot of those waiting do not know fire works are at 9:00 tonight and not the usual 10:00.

Last edited:

Irie

I hear you, but for every 1 good report about CBR I hear 3 or 4 bad ones. I have heard plenty of people saying that the resort is nice but the rooms need love. I have seen quite a few nasty pictures on review sites.
But I have never stayed there because mainly I need a queen bed :D
I think it could use just a tad bit of love.

Remember that people that have a bad experience are more likely to post than someone who had no issues. I have stayed at the CBR twice and never had a problem. I have never posted on TA and I would easily stay there again

seascape

For those heading to MK for the holiday weekend. Now at 8:25 PM Thursday. Standby for 7DMT 120 and Space 180. I am gladly not there but a friend who is reported this and wishes he had stayed home.
So how much is attendance going to be up this year at WDW? No matter what anyone here writes about WDW hotel occupancy the Orange County tax Department says they are way up. Look it up. I posted it before. Also Disney has extended the park hours for the rest of the year. It can't be because they are hurting. I think all the news that has come out is strong for Disney and Universal.

I would not be surprised if the MK breaks 20 million this year and DHS and AK break 11 million and Epcot breaks 12 million. Epcot s the only park that has not increased its hours. I still believe Universal will grow a little less than 15% which would bring their combined attendance to about 18 million. Fast growth than Disney on percentage terms but not actual numbers. Frozen is just too popular. I know a family of 6 that is going in August that decided to add a day to their WDW time and spend 5 days at WDW parks instead of 4 because of Frozen. They still have no decided where their other two days will be spent but one will be a water park and the other will probably be on each day at Universal. It will be their first trip to Universal but Frozen is the reason for an extra day in Disney Parks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So how much is attendance going to be up this year at WDW? No matter what anyone here writes about WDW hotel occupancy the Orange County tax Department says they are way up. Look it up. I posted it before. Also Disney has extended the park hours for the rest of the year. It can't be because they are hurting. I think all the news that has come out is strong for Disney and Universal.

I would not be surprised if the MK breaks 20 million this year and DHS and AK break 11 million and Epcot breaks 12 million. Epcot s the only park that has not increased its hours. I still believe Universal will grow a little less than 15% which would bring their combined attendance to about 18 million. Fast growth than Disney on percentage terms but not actual numbers. Frozen is just too popular. I know a family of 6 that is going in August that decided to add a day to their WDW time and spend 5 days at WDW parks instead of 4 because of Frozen. They still have no decided where their other two days will be spent but one will be a water park and the other will probably be on each day at Universal. It will be their first trip to Universal but Frozen is the reason for an extra day in Disney Parks.
Tourism in Orlando is up... a lot. Anyone who thinks Disney's numbers will be down this year is probably mistaken. I don't know about numbers. It's kinda pointless to talk about since a large portion of people here don't believe the TEA numbers are correct. Potter 2.0 will draw extra guests to WDW. Probably a lot more than Frozen. Even if you spend 3 whole days at Universal there's still time for the mouse.

asianway

Orange County overall is up. They don't release Wdw numbers.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There is a VERY troubling (to me) piece of resort/DVC news that I am trying to vet now.

This sounds interesting. Can we guess? BLT 2.0 over the other garden wing? More Deluxe rooms being converted to DVC? Something even worse? I hope you can tell us soon. I might have to mention that hoagie fest started at Wawa and send the thread off on another tangent;)

Cesar R M

$428 a night after a 30% discount... Honestly, who can justify this for a hotel room that offers no more than a higher level mariott..

Even if i had the money to spare, I couled never force myself to do that. Disney world has some amazing power over people...
they clearly exploit their line of view to the fireworks, the location and the transportation system.

Cesar R M

Well ...

As recently as 2009, Per Room Guest Spending at the hotels and Per Capita Guest Spending at the theme parks actually declined.

It's not the first time it's happened. Despite what some might think, WDW is not immune to market forces.

Really, if you look at the entire history of WDW price increases, the last 3 years (2011-2013) have been the worst.

Bob Iger's WDW legacy: much higher prices, much lower investments in theme park improvements, and a rubber wristband. :banghead:
you forgot "and cute blue aliens who Iger as a bonner for"

PrincessNelly_NJ

Remember that people that have a bad experience are more likely to post than someone who had no issues. I have stayed at the CBR twice and never had a problem. I have never posted on TA and I would easily stay there again
I know. But still I think that CBR needs updates. It just doesn't seem as nice as the other moderates. CSR, POFQ, and POR all offer something unique while CBR doesn't. Port Orleans has the River Roost with YeHaa Bob and boat transportation. CSR has a spa, TWO sit down restaurants now, and Rix Lounge And have a DJ there Thursday to Saturday.
CBR has no nighttime entertainment.
I'm not saying people shouldn't stay there or that people don't like it. I just wish they'd bring it up to the same level as the others.
I would gladly stay if they get queen beds at least.
I know more people post negative reviews than positive ones but CBR just seems like the least favorite moderate. I have seen many reviews on here or review sites that state they would rather stay at a value hotel than CBR. That is sad to me. I want to like CBR! I want to have more moderate resorts to love.

lazyboy97o

Why would the spillover from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley be more significant than the spillover from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmead? And what good is spillover if people have already blown most of their spending money? Spillover is bad for Walt Disney World because it is more crowds but less spending.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why would the spillover from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley be more significant than the spillover from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmead? And what good is spillover if people have already blown most of their spending money? Spillover is bad for Walt Disney World because it is more crowds but less spending.
I don't think it will be bigger. The original Potter had some epic crowds when it opened.

I think there will be some loss from merchandise, but if you spend some days in WDW parks too you are still going to eat and drink and maybe buy a few things. I don't think it's a total loss of spending money.

lazyboy97o

I don't think it will be bigger. The original Potter had some epic crowds when it opened.

I think there will be some loss from merchandise, but if you spend some days in WDW parks too you are still going to eat and drink and maybe buy a few things. I don't think it's a total loss of spending money.
Plenty of people recount the lack of worthy souvenirs. People not spending are crowding up already crowded facilities. This is especially true at "Disneyworld park" which would likely receive the bulk of any spillover.

Disneyhead'71

All I can say after touring Diagon Alley tonight is

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Plenty of people recount the lack of worthy souvenirs. People not spending are crowding up already crowded facilities. This is especially true at "Disneyworld park" which would likely receive the bulk of any spillover.

The souvenirs (or lack of) hasn't changed at WDW. Will some people who are visiting both Universal and WDW spend more money at Universal this trip on souvenirs? It's possible and probably likely. That still doesn't mean they are not spending at all at WDW. Even if they buy no souvenirs, they spent money for a park ticket to get in, they will spend money on food, they will spend money on drinks. A lot of people will still spend money on a WDW hotel even if they are spending 2 or 3 days at Universal. I'm not saying there isn't a negative impact to WDW from loss of merchandise sales with Potter 2.0, but there is also an increase in overall Orlando tourism which benefits Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom