The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

John

Agreed. It kinda seems like CBR would even benefit from being split like POR & POFQ were.
It is so large that it turns most people off just looking at it on a map.
I've seen quite a few people comment that they found mold in their room and were moved immediately to a room with tons of other issues.
Not to mention the bad transportation rep it has.

I disagree, I stayed there last January and have nothing but praise for the resort. It was clean, the food court was very nice. Had a restaurant on property. Yes, I have the same complaint that it is very large. The largest resort at WDW. I was told by the manager of the resort that there was a refurb in its future.....when? Transportation? I guess it wouldn't be fair to comment on that because I was there in January when the system would be at its best. The resort was a ghost town. Never waited more then ten minutes. We had a preferred room location and I am sure that had something to do with my positive review of the resort. Mere steps away from the food court and bus stop. All that said I liked it, I would absolutely stay there again. Preferred room ofcourse.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I disagree, I stayed there last January and have nothing but praise for the resort. It was clean, the food court was very nice. Had a restaurant on property. Yes, I have the same complaint that it is very large. The largest resort at WDW. I was told by the manager of the resort that there was a refurb in its future.....when? Transportation? I guess it wouldn't be fair to comment on that because I was there in January when the system would be at its best. The resort was a ghost town. Never waited more then ten minutes. We had a preferred room location and I am sure that had something to do with my positive review of the resort. Mere steps away from the food court and bus stop. All that said I liked it, I would absolutely stay there again. Preferred room ofcourse.
I hear you, but for every 1 good report about CBR I hear 3 or 4 bad ones. I have heard plenty of people saying that the resort is nice but the rooms need love. I have seen quite a few nasty pictures on review sites.
But I have never stayed there because mainly I need a queen bed :D
I think it could use just a tad bit of love.

bcalltimandanna

I am more of a POFQ guy myself. CBR is just ok, in my opinion. DO NOT get stuck in Trinidad South....unless you want some serious isolation. The little island in the middle of the resort is pretty enchanting. Also...please do not eat at Shutters unless you want cumin on everything.

ParentsOf4

I bet they will raise prices that year.
Well ...

As recently as 2009, Per Room Guest Spending at the hotels and Per Capita Guest Spending at the theme parks actually declined.

It's not the first time it's happened. Despite what some might think, WDW is not immune to market forces.

Really, if you look at the entire history of WDW price increases, the last 3 years (2011-2013) have been the worst.

Bob Iger's WDW legacy: much higher prices, much lower investments in theme park improvements, and a rubber wristband. :banghead:

bhg469

I hear you, but for every 1 good report about CBR I hear 3 or 4 bad ones. I have heard plenty of people saying that the resort is nice but the rooms need love. I have seen quite a few nasty pictures on review sites.
But I have never stayed there because mainly I need a queen bed :D
I think it could use just a tad bit of love.

I may have been one of the bad ones..

I was there in march, I will never stay there again and I would probably put it below most all star resorts.

bhg469

I was just there in march. I can compare it to all the other moderate resorts and it was the last time I will stay there. It was a motel 6 with a fancy pool.

crispy

Not as counterintuitive as you may think. You cannot stack RV' s 4 high. If you built a resort with 4 times the equivalent lodging units and run at 50% occupancy, assuming same price and overhead (big assumption but for illustrative purposes), your revenue will double.

A campground is viewed as an underutilized asset and a lost revenue opportunity.

That would make sense IF the buildings were full. Right now, occupancy rates are rumored to be low at the deluxes and moderates (tm Parentsof4) so it doesn't seem to make sense to bulldoze a property with high occupancy rates and low overhead. In addition, discounts like free dining aren't offered at FW other than the cabins so basically people are paying $80 a night for a parking space and a bathroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom