The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I stopped by the Wilderness Lodge on a previous trip and it was really nice inside. We accidentally went to the camp ground first and it was pretty nice there too, everyone had decorations up. I could see why people would be bothered losing it to DVC expansion, it's a really unique way of staying at the resort. But we all know how TDO is, get rid of uniqueness in favor of homogenization because it's "cheaper". Plus DVC would just make more money than the campground. All they see is :greedy:
The leaked plans use the abandoned River Country site along the lake. There is limited impact to the camp sites. Other than adding a whole lot more people to the area. A positive for FW would be additional food options and maybe a bar.

Cesar R M

Whenever the newest Call of Duty game comes out there is a line at Gamestop longer than Soarin on a busy day. I drive right past it and go to Wal-Mart where there is never a line. Last November on the midnight release I waited about 2 minutes and was home playing 12:30 while a friend of mine was standing in line at Gamestop and they had drawn lottery numbers to break them into groups and it took him about 2 hours to get his copy and he even pre-ordered it! I think some people enjoy the craziness of being at the busiest spot. Why? I have no idea.
I question the same.
While very rarely they offer very exclusive events (like during the release of MASS EFFECT 3) where actors of the series were available to chat, also gifts were given to lucky ones (high quality figurines and signed up versions).

I honestly.. prefer the online downloads now for games (god bless Steam and Gaben's summer and christmas steam sales events!)

i said something relatively positive about them adding these frozen experiences, and i'm going to take it all back. i thought it was a nice add on to get people into DHS and give guests what they're clamoring for: a big frozen presence. but charging $59 for adults and 34 for kids? i'm sorry, that's a pretty gross money grab.
I still dont get it, what is the bonus for upcharging 59 USD for adults?
more personal time with Anna and Elsa? better positioning? food?

bhg469

I question the same.
While very rarely they offer very exclusive events (like during the release of MASS EFFECT 3) where actors of the series were available to chat, also gifts were given to lucky ones (high quality figurines and signed up versions).

I honestly.. prefer the online downloads now for games (god bless Steam and Gaben's summer and christmas steam sales events!)

Demand is there right now from the sheep.

Tigger1988

I stopped by the Wilderness Lodge on a previous trip and it was really nice inside. We accidentally went to the camp ground first and it was pretty nice there too, everyone had decorations up. I could see why people would be bothered losing it to DVC expansion, it's a really unique way of staying at the resort. But we all know how TDO is, get rid of uniqueness in favor of homogenization because it's "cheaper". Plus DVC would just make more money than the campground. All they see is :greedy:
Wilderness Lodge is already a DVC resort.

Cesar R M

The Walt Disney World Hotel, with four different wings each completely themed to one of the four parks.
Now that something that I would love to see!

If FW goes away and is not replaced by a new and improved campground I think it means the mouse has given up on trying to attract customers who are not financially well off. Surely they do not want that kind of a public relations spotlight shining on them.

I am calling shenanigans on the rumor anyway. Fort Wilderness is a WDW original and fundamental to the aesthetics of the resort.

Yeah right, just like what they are doing with the Poly.... right?
How about the horrible changes to the GF?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
cmon now FW might be ruined too? the polynesian was bad enough...they keep going after everything we seem to like, in my familys opinion anyway, hopefully its not true.
When I first read this, I thought you were saying FW (Future World) might be ruined. I immediately read the last 5 pages to see if 74 or someone dropped a bomb about "Future World". After finding nothing I re-examined your post and realized I'm an idiot. Thanks for the heart attack. Lol

Cesar R M

From what I can remember it was too costly to build at that location. I dont know the details though. Im sure other people here know more.

Contaminated ground water? Isn't that why it closed in the first place?
Maybe because the zone is heavy swamp zones? (Ie, you cant build that easily, you need barriers.. containment..etc..)
I'm guessing here because I have no idea o_o

GoofGoof

Premium Member

From the little details released you get preferred viewing for the morning parade thing including refreshments (no details on what kind of refreshments), preferred seating for the sing a long and preferred viewing for the fireworks including dessert and alcohol.

cw1982

Where is the guy that was posting here and kept trying to get his "sheep" catchphrase to catch on? (I think his phrase was "sheeping" or something like that)

Hah! I remember that discussion... wasn't that on the 7DMT soft opening thread? Or at least I think I remember that discussion coming up on one of that thread's many tangents...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Hah! I remember that discussion... wasn't that on the 7DMT soft opening thread? Or at least I think I remember that discussion coming up on one of that thread's many tangents...
Ya I think so. He had such high hopes that his "sheep" thing would catch on. It did not. Lmao

Cesar R M

Does DVC gives them more money in the long run than a normal hotel or campground?

The leaked plans use the abandoned River Country site along the lake. There is limited impact to the camp sites. Other than adding a whole lot more people to the area. A positive for FW would be additional food options and maybe a bar.

there is a bar already next to the hop de doo building.
do they need another?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wilderness Lodge is already a DVC resort.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge is one of the smallest DVC resorts. It's really just a small wing off of the main resort. It's only about 10% of the total rooms there. If they wanted to go cheaper they could skip the new resort and just convert some existing rooms to DVC (like Poly). I'd rather see a new resort built, but it would be cheaper and I'm sure quicker to just convert existing rooms.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does DVC gives them more money in the long run than a normal hotel or campground?

More money up front. They get a rather large short term profit.

there is a bar already next to the hop de doo building.
do they need another?
If I recall correctly it's more of a walk up window type deal than a full bar and it closes early. If they build a large resort there would probably be enough demand for a true lounge.

Last edited:

jt04

Now that something that I would love to see!

Yeah right, just like what they are doing with the Poly.... right?
How about the horrible changes to the GF?

The new additions to the poly look nice from everything I have seen.

FW still has much of the original atmosphere. Not many WDW resorts can say that. It is still an oasis in its way. I can't believe they would plow it under. Although I could see them adding a DVC where the old water park was. And that should not ruin the rest of the resort. Could be nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom