The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

gmajew

Premium Member
When the song-video was released, Many people called disney lazy for that huge clipping error. Hence why it was rushed and fixed.
I heard the first movie releases in certain cinemas had the same clipping errors as well and Disney had to rush to fix some other bugs along the way too (like I had said earlier about Kristoff and Anna) and then sent the final fixed copy. I never seen the clipping bugs in the Mexican release.. so I suppose they got the final version.

As for Software, I agree with you.. RISE OF THE GUARDIANS was praised for their particle systems (specifically the sand and snow). Pixar for the hair in Monster's inc (when their computer power was low and made almost unthinkable to animate a character full of hair).

The song video of "LET IT GO" from FROZEN.
The first release had heavy clipping on her hair (it goes thru her arm/shoulder/chest) the fixed version resolves this issue.

I don't see it. Man I am blind.

PhotoDave219

Really? Wow, is it the whole campground or just some of it?

I have no details. Just an odd message from a friend while discussing the topic. Could be sarcasm.

Mix that with the plans that someone previously mentioned? I think its a legitimate possibility but more likely for something adjacent than taking out the campground.

That being said..... didnt anyone think about that potentiality when they sold the land off for the Four Seasons!?

crispy

Does anyone know occupancy rate for Fort Wilderness? I would imagine that it is extremely high. It seems like it would be very profitable because of the high occupancy rates, and the fact that the rates for a campsite aren't all that much less than the cost of a room at one of the value resorts. Heck, they probably make a killing on golf cart rentals alone. It would also seem that a campground would cost less to maintain as a whole than a large hotel staff (less housekeeping, less buildings to maintain, etc.).

All that to say, it would seem counterintuitive for them to bulldoze FW and replace it with DVC or another deluxe resort...which means it's probably on the table.

flynnibus

Premium Member
BTW, while I do think anyone who waits 22 days for a soft open fits the colloquial definition of "crazy"--people who post about that on a message board with AN ACTIVE DISCUSSION OF THE NEW CARPET IN COMMUNICORE are the perfect example of those living in glass houses throwing stones.

Last I looked... I didn't dedicate hours waiting outside or even days waiting at the expense of everything else in my life to read and reply to a forum thread

PhotoDave219

well true, anything with the parks takes years, but they can sure build dvc like wildfire.

Yes. Tho..... A DVC expansion at Ft Wildy is completely realistic especially if they have plans already sitting there.

I would not be surprised if it starts shortly after the Polynesian is finished.

Of course this is all speculation and should be taking with the appropriate grant of salt.

The bigger issue? Just will be surrounded by high-end, real luxury hotels at the Bonnett Creek resort and the four seasons while they are continuing to charge premium pricing for mediocre resorts.

Funmeister

Yes. Tho..... A DVC expansion at Ft Wildy is completely realistic especially if they have plans already sitting there.

I would not be surprised if it starts shortly after the Polynesian is finished.

Of course this is all speculation and should be taking with the appropriate grant of salt.

The bigger issue? Just will be surrounded by high-end, real luxury hotels at the Bonnett Creek resort and the four seasons while they are continuing to charge premium pricing for mediocre resorts.

First sign if this is true is moving the ranch/barns up front by the parking lot. THat was planned a few years ago and has been "on hold" since.

Nubs70

Does anyone know occupancy rate for Fort Wilderness? I would imagine that it is extremely high. It seems like it would be very profitable because of the high occupancy rates, and the fact that the rates for a campsite aren't all that much less than the cost of a room at one of the value resorts. Heck, they probably make a killing on golf cart rentals alone. It would also seem that a campground would cost less to maintain as a whole than a large hotel staff (less housekeeping, less buildings to maintain, etc.).

All that to say, it would seem counterintuitive for them to bulldoze FW and replace it with DVC or another deluxe resort...which means it's probably on the table.
Not as counterintuitive as you may think. You cannot stack RV' s 4 high. If you built a resort with 4 times the equivalent lodging units and run at 50% occupancy, assuming same price and overhead (big assumption but for illustrative purposes), your revenue will double.

A campground is viewed as an underutilized asset and a lost revenue opportunity.

stevehousse

So the Frozen summer event (stage show) is $59 for adults and $34 for kids AFTER paying to get into the already overpriced Hollywood Studios?

Potter swatter right there ;)
that is the upgraded preferred seating and dessert party package that is being offered, but is not necessary to do and see all that the frozen things they have to offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom