The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Amazing! I was sure that this thread started out as a Disney related thread, but, for some inexplicable reason it is now all about Universal Orlando. How'd that happen? Isn't there a Universal topic someplace else? :eek::rolleyes::joyfull:
Ya, we should start discussing all the new, amazing, immersive and exciting things that Disney World just opened because thousands of people showed up for that coaster or the Epcot Wind Down, right?

Goofyernmost

It happened because there's nothing to talk about with Disney and Universal is a better topic than food.
OK, but why can't it be in a Universal Thread. Don't get me wrong, but, people usually get their knickers all knotted up when thing swerve off topic and Universal on a Disney thread seems as far out of place as you can get.

Having just read my own words it occurred to me that I really couldn't care less even if someone had a gun to my head, so proceed. What's happening at Universal anyway?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Amazing! I was sure that this thread started out as a Disney related thread, but, for some inexplicable reason it is now all about Universal Orlando. How'd that happen? Isn't there a Universal topic someplace else? :eek::rolleyes::joyfull:

Unfortunately for us disney fans (and we all are) the most exciting news is coming out of another park. Also unfortunately for us, food is more interesting than what disney is doing lately.

It's kinda sad.

Goofyernmost

Ya, we should start discussing all the new, amazing, immersive and exciting things that Disney World just opened because thousands of people showed up for that coaster or the Epcot Wind Down, right?
Everyone can still discuss it, just start a Universal thread. It doesn't have to be here does it?

PrincessNelly_NJ

OK, but why can't it be in a Universal Thread. Don't get me wrong, but, people usually get their knickers all knotted up when thing swerve off topic and Universal on a Disney thread seems as far out of place as you can get.

Having just read my own words it occurred to me that I really couldn't care less even if someone had a gun to my head, so proceed. What's happening at Universal anyway?
OK, so what topic would you like to discuss?
Go head. Pick!
Spirited threads tend to take on a life of their own. We mentioned SeaWorld too. Pretty much just discussing all Orlando Parks.

Goofyernmost

OK, so what topic would you like to discuss?
Go head. Pick!
Spirited threads tend to take on a life of their own
No one knows that better then I do, but, my point was that this isn't even a discussion that connects Disney to it at all. It's just about what is going on at Uni. That's OK to talk about but if you would like a broader view of it, wouldn't it be helpful if it were in a thread dedicated to Universal's new and exciting additions?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Everyone can still discuss it, just start a Universal thread. It doesn't have to be here does it?
The OP has discussed Uni in this thread so I feel that it is within reason for others to continue the discussion, and let's be honest, it's a little exciting to see what all is in DA. I know I'll be looking up pictures and videos for the better part of the evening.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yo dawg, I heard you were obsessed with obsession so I put an obsession on your
obsession-men.jpg
so you can obsess over people obsessing while wearing obsession

Goofyernmost

The OP has discussed Uni in this thread so I feel that it is within reason for others to continue the discussion, and let's be honest, it's a little exciting to see what all is in DA. I know I'll be looking up pictures and videos for the better part of the evening.
The OP discussed TV programs too. When are we going to discuss those?

PrincessNelly_NJ

No one knows that better then I do, but, my point was that this isn't even a discussion that connects Disney to it at all. It's just about what is going on at Uni. That's OK to talk about but if you would like a broader view of it, wouldn't it be helpful if it were in a thread dedicated to Universal's new and exciting additions?
There are quite a few DA threads but most of us are here, so it just makes sense.
I would say that Universal very much connects to Disney. It is important to know what the competition is up to!
But honestly, what is happening in Disney worth talking about?
Frozen in DHS has a thread... How about Disney Springs!
Anyone got any new info on the shops/restaurants?
In other news, I watch MouseSteps on YouTube and they seriously have me wanting to rent a trailer and try out Fort Wilderness!

Stevek

Maybe it's just me, but soft openings have no appeal to me. They may or may not happen, the ride can go down often, it's usually a madhouse...

Makes more sense to just wait until it opens than to sit and obsess over softs for days on end.

But, I guess if you're a blogger or twitter "personality" you have to be first.

Do most bloggers or twitter personalities actually have personalities? I kid, I kid...you just laid that one up, had to take a swing (and miss). I know a few that are very personable, others that have multiple personalities.

John

Goof you have been here long enough. Spirits threads tend to be more of a "current events" type thread. A whats on your mind type of deal. Its the one place on the Magic this takes place. People come.....pontificate, Spirit says they are wrong and we move on. Its OK....we all know what to expect when we come to this part of the blue pages. Controlled insanity. 74 wouldn't want it any other way. Some people don't like it, some people find it interesting. Take it all with a grain of salt. I believe one of 74's last post was about Uni so why wouldn't it be on topic? Again its a 74 thread.....what do you expect?

Stevek

I assume this was directed at me, so I'll reply.

I, for one, wasn't trying to diagnose any kind of mental condition. I see now how my statement could have been taken that way, but I meant insanity more in the sense of "extreme foolishness or irrationality," which, IMO, describes her behavior perfectly. I do find the idea of waiting in a theme park for three weeks or more for the slim chance of getting access to something before the rest of the public to be irrational at the very least.

As far as whether or not it matters, have you been reading this thread? Half of what is said here, if not more, is far from useful news/info, such as what you're looking for. Sure, there's a lot of interesting rumor that gets posted here, and there are some reliable people here who like to share what they hear, but I'd hardly say anyone should be shocked to find opinionated posts on here that have nothing to do with any kind of news developments.

Oh, and I'm far from viewing myself as superior to anyone here. Anyone who has talked to me for more than two minutes would know that... I wasn't being smug; I was simply stating my opinion. Sorry if that bothers you somehow.

I'll put in my 2 cents here as well. I originally posted a response about the woman as well but felt I was being a bit harsh and deleted it. That being said, the spirit of my original post still rings true. I in no way feel I'm superior to this young lady or anyone else. But as I get older, I do feel like I live on a completely different planet than some of these folks (and many of the twitter personalities). Being 40+ years old with 2 teenage daughters has truly changed my perspective on a lot of things in life and I could never imagine spending a day much less 20+ days waiting for a ride to open. Yes, she and her spell casting friends aren't hurting anyone but I really just can't relate to it. Which is ok.

As I've gotten older, I feel myself wanting to distance myself from the more fanatical elements of the Disney/Parks fanbase though overall, I'm quite comfortable carrying on conversations here. Yes, there are fanatics here (aren't we all a bit fanatical to be posting on a message board) but in general I seem to be able to relate to the folks here better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom