The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

cw1982

Don't be a line skipper. Can't stand when people use the Chipotle app, it's so un-American. What makes you better that requires you not to wait in line like the rest of us?

What makes you not be able to use the app as well? Even if you don't have a smart phone, I'm willing to bet there's a website that will do the job just as effectively. ;)

Last edited:

invader

I can't tell if this post is sarcasm or you are serious. If you are serious then you must have a problem with people using FP+ as well.
I have a fundamental problem with both. If you can't wait why are you there? Enjoy the hard workers putting on show for you handcrafting deliciousness in front of your face. Don't rush through it.

I'm saving you some time. If I have to clog up the line ordering 4 separate bowls people start to riot. Instead I walk in, grab the bag and go. You hardly even see me:cool:
But you aren't. You're the person that disrupts the swiftness of the operation. When you jump in front of the person about to pay for their food you jump in front of everyone and require them to wait longer than they anticipated because you jumped in line.

What makes you not be able to use the app as well? Even if you don't have a smart phone, I'm willing to bet there's a website that will do the job just as effectively. ;)
I would never. Being corralled through that shed metal and wood walled line is all part of the experience.

Goofyernmost

HUH? So who is forcing you to come to this thread? You as most people know what its all about.....don't like it.....don't read it. Pretty simple to me.

As far as 74 "getting mad" he created this monster. He knows that. He will reel it in....like he always does. That's the exception I have with him. He creates the monster then lets it go all hey wire without input for long periods of time. But its his gig and he can do as he wishes. We all disagree with him on somethings and somethings we agree with him on.....its what makes the world go around......or atleast this thread!
John, seriously... I have known Spirit, in print, for many, many years. I have told him more then once that he is the guy that throws the threads to the wind, and then seems upset when they drift away. I don't usually care one way or the other, but in this case the discussion has been limited just to the few people that follow this thread and most of them are not Universal Fanbois. Yes, they are upset that Uni has Potter and envious of what they have done with it, but it is not the total story, it's just amongst ourselves. I am just saying that if anyone wants to have a serious discussion about the new stuff at Uni (specifically) then it should be someplace else. Someplace where others besides the select few can pat each other on the back in joyous (uni)fication.

Another point is that this is indeed NOT his gig. He started the thread, but, as you have said has wandered off in many directions with his musings. OK, not a problem, but, how does that make him lord of this board or this thread. No one else seems to have that privilege or the ability to own a media source and what gets posted on it. Sorry, I cannot buy that nor will I ever succumb to it.

What I am trying to say has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I like the threads sponsored by 74 or not. It is the context and placement that I have been trying to get across. In the long run it doesn't matter and I know that as well as anyone. However, if this is truly a discussion forum, I should have a right to have an opinion that might be in disagreement, without being told to not read it or to "skip the thread". I also do not necessarily consider spirits opinions as being infallible. Never have, never will. I will also not be bullied into not expressing myself because of the obsessive cult like following of Mr. Spirit. However, I'm not even questioning him here, I'm questioning the rest of you concerning this blind devotion to a poster. It is sometimes quite bewildering.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But you aren't. You're the person that disrupts the swiftness of the operation. When you jump in front of the person about to pay for their food you jump in front of everyone and require them to wait longer than they anticipated because you jumped in line.
You should adjust your anticipated wait time to factor in people picking up online orders;). Problem solved:cool:

Cesar R M

yeah, it felt like they changed directors and animation studios at that point.

broken animations, severe clipping, scenes that made no sense.. scenes that were left too long with nothing visible (aka editing error), characters that were left static.. the list goes on.

Cesar R M

I am looking to see if there is a FP+

Are you done screaming... Now that we lost! Ugh! Those last 30 minutes were the most interesting part of the whole game. And Tim Howard deserves a pay raise!
Seems both Howard and Ochoa (US's goal keeper and Mexico's GK) are the ones who stole the spotlight on these last rounds.

In other news, #TheRick is a few steps behind....

he's probably busy stalking the frozen girls at DHS?

Cesar R M

Ya, we should start discussing all the new, amazing, immersive and exciting things that Disney World just opened because thousands of people showed up for that coaster or the Epcot Wind Down, right?
Speaking of Disney.. other than the frozen changes to DHS.. anything new there?
Any updates on the fireworks thing?
we're already in July!

People are obsessed with people that are obsessed with soft openings, really..?
Almost feels like a spelling bee quiz question.

Cesar R M

No one knows that better then I do, but, my point was that this isn't even a discussion that connects Disney to it at all. It's just about what is going on at Uni. That's OK to talk about but if you would like a broader view of it, wouldn't it be helpful if it were in a thread dedicated to Universal's new and exciting additions?
Universal as been discussed a few times.. I have no idea why the sudden hate towards Universal getting the spotlight now (other than food talk).

Why the sudden push to remove Universal from the talk?

The OP discussed TV programs too. When are we going to discuss those?
The thread did discuss a bit, but not enough to warrant a long talk.
Universal is still evolving and thus delivering more to talk about.
I honestly do not see what your problem is.

Stevek

Just a quick Chipotle note: I use the Chipotle app on my phone to pre-order my food and waltz right up to the counter and pick it up at the register. I usually try to schedule the pickup time in the early evening when my local store has the same hopelessly overflowing line of apparently dumb Millennials who only use their phone for Snapchat. It's great to see the long line of masses watch me walk in and out... talk about feeling like a faux one-percenter!
I had Chipotle today...zero line which was a pleasant surprise. Was soooo good.

Cesar R M

I've been trigger happy on posts before and deleted them as well. In fact, I even admitted that my first post in this topic was poorly worded. At that point, editing or deleting would have served no purpose, because so many had already seen what I wrote, so I did the next best thing: clarified what I said to show my intended point.

Having said that, I still do not understand why anyone would devote the time and money necessary to being able to stay at Uni for 23 days for one attraction/set of attractions, nor do I have to understand it for it to be okay. She doesn't answer to me, and I'm good with that lol.

While I do still think it's irrational to spend that much time in one spot, fork over that much money for sunscreen (she didn't look sunburnt to me lol), not to mention food for that many days in the parks, unless she brought every single meal with her those days, like others have said, I am glad she finally got what she was waiting for, at least in part. I wasn't really trying to be judgmental of her so much as the action. More power to her for getting what she wanted.
Know the feeling, I also have edited many of my posts.
I sometimes have an idea of what to type in my mind. But once its on text words and I review it a few hours later.. it reads broken and hard to understand.
Thus edit edit edit!

HUH? So who is forcing you to come to this thread? You as most people know what its all about.....don't like it.....don't read it. Pretty simple to me.

As far as 74 "getting mad" he created this monster. He knows that. He will reel it in....like he always does. That's the exception I have with him. He creates the monster then lets it go all hey wire without input for long periods of time. But its his gig and he can do as he wishes. We all disagree with him on somethings and somethings we agree with him on.....its what makes the world go around......or atleast this thread!

Pretty sure 74 can also ask @The Mom to moderate the thread if needed.
Not the first time the thread as derailed.. but nothing as bad as some personal fights we had before.

Cesar R M

John, seriously... I have known Spirit, in print, for many, many years. I have told him more then once that he is the guy that throws the threads to the wind, and then seems upset when they drift away. I don't usually care one way or the other, but in this case the discussion has been limited just to the few people that follow this thread and most of them are not Universal Fanbois. Yes, they are upset that Uni has Potter and envious of what they have done with it, but it is not the total story, it's just amongst ourselves. I am just saying that if anyone wants to have a serious discussion about the new stuff at Uni (specifically) then it should be someplace else. Someplace where others besides the select few can pat each other on the back in joyous (uni)fication.

Another point is that this is indeed NOT his gig. He started the thread, but, as you have said has wandered off in many directions with his musings. OK, not a problem, but, how does that make him lord of this board or this thread. No one else seems to have that privilege or the ability to own a media source and what gets posted on it. Sorry, I cannot buy that nor will I ever succumb to it.

What I am trying to say has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I like the threads sponsored by 74 or not. It is the context and placement that I have been trying to get across. In the long run it doesn't matter and I know that as well as anyone. However, if this is truly a discussion forum, I should have a right to have an opinion that might be in disagreement, without being told to not read it or to "skip the thread". I also do not necessarily consider spirits opinions as being infallible. Never have, never will. I will also not be bullied into not expressing myself because of the obsessive cult like following of Mr. Spirit. However, I'm not even questioning him here, I'm questioning the rest of you concerning this blind devotion to a poster. It is sometimes quite bewildering.
Well, @WDW1974 can always ask a moderator to create a LOCKED THREAD, where he can post his musings, then each people can start an alternate thread for opinions and questions.
Like a blog like.

John

Well, @WDW1974 can always ask a moderator to create a LOCKED THREAD, where he can post his musings, then each people can start an alternate thread for opinions and questions.
Like a blog like.

I don't think he would ever go for that.....he likes the give and take. The good thing about this thread....you don't like whats being discussed.....don't worry, wait a little while and the topic will change...you can bet on that!

TalkingHead

A couple of random non-spoiler observations from HE today:

-I've never seen so many people taking pictures of an attraction as I did when we got to 9 3/4 platform. Just a sea of camera phones.

-Riding in a cabin with other guests provides a nice moment to chitchat with other people.

-Wife and I both thought the train ride had a Peoplemover feel to it. Obviously a bit more involved, but it was relaxing like the Peoplemover.

Spoilerish comments: the screen looks very good. I sat by the door once and closer to the screen a second time. The screen looked fantastic up close. Not sure which direction I liked better. The ride to London was excellent. I saw "sensitivity to fog effects" on the warning signs but didn't see any fog. Maybe the effect wasn't operational? Getting to 9 3/4 is very clever. The platform is massive. Jaw-dropping massive. Oh and great sound effects while you're downstairs in King's Cross!

71jason

Maybe it's just me, but soft openings have no appeal to me. They may or may not happen, the ride can go down often, it's usually a madhouse...

Makes more sense to just wait until it opens than to sit and obsess over softs for days on end.

But, I guess if you're a blogger or twitter "personality" you have to be first.

Figured if I didn't ride it now, will probably be September at the earliest. Surprisingly not that busy (soccer game helped after my first ride, but this thing has better capacity than predicted). Also, not going to lie, had inside info that pinned opening time down to within a couple hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom