The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Mike S

OK, but why can't it be in a Universal Thread. Don't get me wrong, but, people usually get their knickers all knotted up when thing swerve off topic and Universal on a Disney thread seems as far out of place as you can get.

Having just read my own words it occurred to me that I really couldn't care less even if someone had a gun to my head, so proceed. What's happening at Universal anyway?
This is happening at Universal, and much more to come.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Goofyernmost

Goof you have been here long enough. Spirits threads tend to be more of a "current events" type thread. A whats on your mind type of deal. Its the one place on the Magic this takes place. People come.....pontificate, Spirit says they are wrong and we move on. Its OK....we all know what to expect when we come to this part of the blue pages. Controlled insanity. 74 wouldn't want it any other way. Some people don't like it, some people find it interesting. Take it all with a grain of salt. I believe one of 74's last post was about Uni so why wouldn't it be on topic? Again its a 74 thread.....what do you expect?
Actually, I don't really care, but, and this is the frustrating part, is that he will (you can bet on it) get upset that HIS thread as gone off the tracks, even though he's the one that removed the spike.

All I was saying is that there are a lot of people that come to these boards and (gasp) do not particularly like reading or being part of a "spirited" thread. I know, I know... it's hard to believe. However, if it had a thread of it's own there might be more give and take about the topic and not the singular reliance on a few people to let us know what is going on and what people generally feel about it. The other part of this conversation just seems to be more of a Universal Fanbois blog then a discussion. I'm going to drop it now because I know that what I am saying is like shoveling sh*t against the tide. It's a lot of work and it doesn't accomplish anything, so I'm off the subject.

cw1982

I'll put in my 2 cents here as well. I originally posted a response about the woman as well but felt I was being a bit harsh and deleted it. That being said, the spirit of my original post still rings true. I in no way feel I'm superior to this young lady or anyone else. But as I get older, I do feel like I live on a completely different planet than some of these folks (and many of the twitter personalities). Being 40+ years old with 2 teenage daughters has truly changed my perspective on a lot of things in life and I could never imagine spending a day much less 20+ days waiting for a ride to open. Yes, she and her spell casting friends aren't hurting anyone but I really just can't relate to it. Which is ok.

As I've gotten older, I feel myself wanting to distance myself from the more fanatical elements of the Disney/Parks fanbase though overall, I'm quite comfortable carrying on conversations here. Yes, there are fanatics here (aren't we all a bit fanatical to be posting on a message board) but in general I seem to be able to relate to the folks here better.

I've been trigger happy on posts before and deleted them as well. In fact, I even admitted that my first post in this topic was poorly worded. At that point, editing or deleting would have served no purpose, because so many had already seen what I wrote, so I did the next best thing: clarified what I said to show my intended point.

Having said that, I still do not understand why anyone would devote the time and money necessary to being able to stay at Uni for 23 days for one attraction/set of attractions, nor do I have to understand it for it to be okay. She doesn't answer to me, and I'm good with that lol.

While I do still think it's irrational to spend that much time in one spot, fork over that much money for sunscreen (she didn't look sunburnt to me lol), not to mention food for that many days in the parks, unless she brought every single meal with her those days, like others have said, I am glad she finally got what she was waiting for, at least in part. I wasn't really trying to be judgmental of her so much as the action. More power to her for getting what she wanted.

John

I'll put in my 2 cents here as well. I originally posted a response about the woman as well but felt I was being a bit harsh and deleted it. That being said, the spirit of my original post still rings true. I in no way feel I'm superior to this young lady or anyone else. But as I get older, I do feel like I live on a completely different planet than some of these folks (and many of the twitter personalities). Being 40+ years old with 2 teenage daughters has truly changed my perspective on a lot of things in life and I could never imagine spending a day much less 20+ days waiting for a ride to open. Yes, she and her spell casting friends aren't hurting anyone but I really just can't relate to it. Which is ok.

As I've gotten older, I feel myself wanting to distance myself from the more fanatical elements of the Disney/Parks fanbase though overall, I'm quite comfortable carrying on conversations here. Yes, there are fanatics here (aren't we all a bit fanatical to be posting on a message board) but in general I seem to be able to relate to the folks here better.

Don't feel bad, you don't have to be Sigmund Freud to know that anyone who spends three weeks in a theme park waiting for a attraction to open is more then a little peculiar. Its just common sense. As far as getting older....its called wisdom. Youth is wasted on the young. As we age we grow wiser....

PrincessNelly_NJ

Actually, I don't really care, but, and this is the frustrating part, is that he will (you can bet on it) get upset that HIS thread as gone off the tracks, even though he's the one that removed the spike.

All I was saying is that there are a lot of people that come to these boards and (gasp) do not particularly like reading or being part of a "spirited" thread. I know, I know... it's hard to believe. However, if it had a thread of it's own there might be more give and take about the topic and not the singular reliance on a few people to let us know what is going on and what people generally feel about it. The other part of this conversation just seems to be more of a Universal Fanbois blog then a discussion. I'm going to drop it now because I know that what I am saying is like shoveling sh*t against the tide. It's a lot of work and it doesn't accomplish anything, so I'm off the subject.
:eek:
Well... Tell us how you really feel!

I kid I kid :D
You are right, talking about those specific things in specific threads to allow people interested in that topic to find and discuss that topic and others not interested to avoid that topic.
As far as the DA talk, many of us were in the UNI section but most of us were already a part of this thread and it just kinda became part of it.
I don't think there is really a place for these threads to go. Spirited threads don't have one set topic and they tend to cover all of Orlando and theme park news.
It is hard to classify, I guess.

John

All I was saying is that there are a lot of people that come to these boards and (gasp) do not particularly like reading or being part of a "spirited" thread. I know, I know... it's hard to believe.

HUH? So who is forcing you to come to this thread? You as most people know what its all about.....don't like it.....don't read it. Pretty simple to me.

As far as 74 "getting mad" he created this monster. He knows that. He will reel it in....like he always does. That's the exception I have with him. He creates the monster then lets it go all hey wire without input for long periods of time. But its his gig and he can do as he wishes. We all disagree with him on somethings and somethings we agree with him on.....its what makes the world go around......or atleast this thread!

michmousefan

Spirited Late Night Musings (Red, White and YOU TOO!!! Edition):

At the risk of turning this to food again (although that apparently is a big topic here), I had another one of those 'no, this isn't normal' moments on Sunday when I attempted to act like a Millennial and dine at my local Chipotle, where the line routinely stretches out the door and no one under 28 believes they have to pay for Coke when a water cup holds it just fine. Well, went to mine and the line was huge, but I was undeterred and ready to eat socially conscious raised chicken (I think they make the chickens listen to NPR and Rachel Maddow before they butcher them!). Problem was on a 95-degree day in paradise, the AC was clearly not working and watching the workers sweat above the food didn't make me feel good. So ...

... I went to the one in the next town over. Only to see the same line and a sign on the door saying that they were out of soda/lemonade etc and were very sorry. We started to leave when a Coke truck pulled away and a worker took the sign off the door. Indeed, it had been repaired. So, in line we go ... and we start feeling ... well, warm. Very warm. Yes, I'll grab a piece of tinfoil and place it on my head and suggest the local ownership was playing games with their units seeing just how far they could push their customers before they walked. I walked. I also couldn't help but notice how many folks were sitting with bottles of water, water that wasn't comped. I don't get that sheep mentality where people just accept whatever a situation is. I know 9/11 is responsible for Americans largely giving up on any/everything. Just not me.

Just a quick Chipotle note: I use the Chipotle app on my phone to pre-order my food and waltz right up to the counter and pick it up at the register. I usually try to schedule the pickup time in the early evening when my local store has the same hopelessly overflowing line of apparently dumb Millennials who only use their phone for Snapchat. It's great to see the long line of masses watch me walk in and out... talk about feeling like a faux one-percenter!

Tigger1988

Just a quick Chipotle note: I use the Chipotle app on my phone to pre-order my food and waltz right up to the counter and pick it up at the register. I usually try to schedule the pickup time in the early evening when my local store has the same hopelessly overflowing line of apparently dumb Millennials who only use their phone for Snapchat. It's great to see the long line of masses watch me walk in and out... talk about feeling like a faux one-percenter!
You realize the line moves lightning fast right? I've never waited more than 3 minutes on a "long" line at Chipotle.

cw1982

Sounds like Chipotle has this down pat better than our local Moe's. The last two times I've ordered using their app, I've paid for my food in advance and everything, and yet somehow they don't know I've ordered anything when I get there at my scheduled pick up time. o_O Both times, I've had to show them the order from my phone to prove I've paid already lol.

Clamman73

:eek:
Well... Tell us how you really feel!

I kid I kid :D
You are right, talking about those specific things in specific threads to allow people interested in that topic to find and discuss that topic and others not interested to avoid that topic.
As far as the DA talk, many of us were in the UNI section but most of us were already a part of this thread and it just kinda became part of it.
I don't think there is really a place for these threads to go. Spirited threads don't have one set topic and they tend to cover all of Orlando and theme park news.
It is hard to classify, I guess.
All roads lead to Spirited threads.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You realize the line moves lightning fast right? I've never waited more than 3 minutes on a "long" line at Chipotle.
I have used the app a few times. When you are ordering for 4 people it works much better than trying to do it in person especially on a crowded day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sounds like Chipotle has this down pat better than our local Moe's. The last two times I've ordered using their app, I've paid for my food in advance and everything, and yet somehow they don't know I've ordered anything when I get there at my scheduled pick up time. o_O Both times, I've had to show them the order from my phone to prove I've paid already lol.
Nope. That happens at Chipotle too. It depends on who you get working there. I had one lady who openly admitted to me that the employees hate the app. It screws up the rhythm of the line of something. I think some workers may go out of their way to make it a little less easy to use to discourage use on a future visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom