The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

WildcatDen

Just the particular Woolworth's or the entire chain?

And just to tie it in to Disney, Woolworth's would be one of those titans of industry that was #1 and is no more. I'm sure plenty of people inside and outside of the company said it could never happen.
Sadly, the entire chain. Let's just say things got a little 'messy' in the Kentucky Jelly aisle. . .

DisneyFan 2000

:greedy::greedy::greedy:
Bre3ILqCMAAdrm8.jpg
To quote a famous duck: "Boy, oh boy!"
Things just got interesting for theme parks everywhere.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Im sure his post was directed at me as well. I wont respond since you answered him well and said it better than I could have.
You ladies can make fun of my mental state to spread it around. Im watching the US World Cup match and screaming at the TV like a madman who hasnt taken his meds. The cat is even hiding out of fear. Im gonna go outside and punch a tree until I pass out. Ive gone round the bend..

Last edited:

seascape

Just the particular Woolworth's or the entire chain?

And just to tie it in to Disney, Woolworth's would be one of those titans of industry that was #1 and is no more. I'm sure plenty of people inside and outside of the company said it could never happen.
Are you comparing Disney to Woolworth and Universal to Walmart? I don't think the comparison works. They are both large entertainment companies. In fact the theme park company to watch out for is Oct Parks, the fastest growing theme park operator. Even Merlin grew twice as fast as Disney and Universal. The best sign though for Disney is their international growth. It's only American foolishness to believe our theme parks are the best and highest drawing parks. China and Asia are where the growth is. South America and Africa are the other places to go after.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Are you comparing Disney to Woolworth and Universal to Walmart? I don't think the comparison works. They are both large entertainment companies. In fact the theme park company to watch out for is Oct Parks, the fastest growing theme park operator. Even Merlin grew twice as fast as Disney and Universal. The best sign though for Disney is their international growth. It's only American foolishness to believe our theme parks are the best and highest drawing parks. China and Asia are where the growth is. South America and Africa are the other places to go after.
Are you sniffing paint thinner???

lazyboy97o

:confused: I don't know what any of that has to do with what I said.

PrincessNelly_NJ

You ladies can make fun of my mental state to spread it around. Im watching the US World Cup match and screaming at the TV like a madman who hasnt taken his meds. The cat is even hiding out of fear. Im gonna go outside and punch a tree until I pass out. Ive gone round the bend..
Are you done screaming... Now that we lost! Ugh! Those last 30 minutes were the most interesting part of the whole game. And Tim Howard deserves a pay raise!

Lee

Adventurer
Maybe it's just me, but soft openings have no appeal to me. They may or may not happen, the ride can go down often, it's usually a madhouse...

Makes more sense to just wait until it opens than to sit and obsess over softs for days on end.

But, I guess if you're a blogger or twitter "personality" you have to be first.

PhotoDave219

Maybe it's just me, but soft openings have no appeal to me. They may or may not happen, the ride can go down often, it's usually a madhouse...

Makes more sense to just wait until it opens than to sit and obsess over softs for days on end.

I guess getting on it last week wasnt all that important in the grand scheme of things.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Normally I'd agree, but the idea of it being a madhouse for possibly the next few months....soft opening may be slightly less crazy.

Funmeister

What is scarier? People who are obsessed with soft openings or the people who are obsessed with the people obsessed with soft openings? This thread has seen better days.

EDIT: Had to go more in-depth for some. I'll type slower next time.

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

:greedy::greedy::greedy:
Bre3ILqCMAAdrm8.jpg

They are going to make a killing with park hopper upgrades. Bravo, Universal!

God you people are despicable. Honestly. You really are. I assume you all have psychiatric degrees and are able to diagnose people for mental illness?

If not, what the hell does it matter what other people are doing with their time off? Or do you measure self worth by tearing down other people?

I come here to try and get some news/info, and all I've got is smug superiority and insults against people none of us have ever met.

You know what, you're right. And I'm sorry. I shouldn't judge anyone's weirdness when, given the time (I have none) and the money (same) to get the chance to hang out in a park all day long waiting for a very important land to open, you bet your I'd do it too. Sure better than working behind a desk all day. I apologize for labeling anyone over that.

ah, see that was my day at work today. I understand the rage. :/ (my cat is also hiding)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom