The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

alphac2005

The NBC Potter special was largely cobbled together, yet the new and old footage blended seamlessly and got me even more psyched about the new project. Watching folks from the films talk about working on DA and HE made you realize that this is the old WED way. This is the 21st century equivalent of Walt taking his amazing artists and giving them an entirely foreign medium to them and telling them 'Have at it, boys!' ... You don't see that almost at all with Disney, beyond John Lasseter on Cars Land and, yes, James Cameron on Avatar. What folks from the WDFA Studio worked on New Fantasyland? I must have missed it.

It was one of those pieced together programs that if caught at the right time, many of those shown would have been like "Um, I didn't do that special!" It's very interesting to see how Universal allows talent to be shown as saying that something lousy (e.g. Helena Bonham Carter I believe talked about the wig being terrible) instead of the pixie dust PR spiiiiiiiiiiin. One pathetic point, though, is that this is carried under the NBC News banner. That says it all about domestic news (?)! My wife said to me that she couldn't believe that they were dressing Meredith Viera like an old lady. Someone very close has been friends with her husband for decades and obviously knows her and old lady is far from what she is. Dirty (in a good way!) is more like it. She has a lot of news acumen and talent, so it's kinda sad that NBC is using her to basically provide a voice-over on an NBC informercial.......BUT I loved watching it! It reminded me of how Disney used to it for theme park openings on the networks.

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

:greedy::greedy::greedy:
Bre3ILqCMAAdrm8.jpg

Last edited:

alissafalco

TP2000

New MiceAge update...

All in all not bad news for DLR, but I expect some strong reactions to this Marvel proposal... (I don't mind it as long as a proper attraction follows in a somewhat reasonable timeframe).

Yes, good news for DLR in today's Miceage Update thing.

I don't think the alarm over a Marvel Studios mini-land going in behind Tower of Terror is warranted. It doesn't need to take up that much space, and on Google Earth there's a big chunk of unused land still back there. The photo in the Miceage Update showed the dead-end alley next to Tower of Terror where the Red Car Trolleys currently reach the end of the line and head back towards the front of the park. And the wording described this narrow Studios concept as going in to the "southwest" of this location, which is directly behind these walls and big gates that lead the trolley fleet to their maintenance barn.

DCA2-033.jpg

That seems like a perfect spot to lead to a small Marvel Studios area. And it would certainly be lightyears better than the mish-mash plywood cutouts and temporary exhibits they've shoehorned into the second floor of Innoventions! Cause goodness knows 1940's Captain America and contemporary Stark Industries and ancient Norse Gods belong in Tomorrowland. :rolleyes:

Build a small but themed "Studios" complex in a land about 1930's Hollywood and give the superheroes a proper place to live and be found for photos and the latest synergy nonsense.

cw1982

crazy eyes

Not just the eyes... I love how one of her tweets said "Sorry guys. I'm a little shaky right now." Really? It's a theme park attraction lol. Driven to insanity from waiting 22 days to get that far? Or waiting for 22 days driven by insanity to start with... or a mixture of both? o_O

I love the Harry Potter series, but even if I lived in Orlando, there's no way I'd be devoting even a fraction of that kind of time and effort to hanging out in a crowd like yesterday's in hopes of getting in on a soft opening. And I'm on summer break right now, so it's not like I'd even be missing work to do it; even so, no thank you.

And this isn't even the main attraction.

Geez...

GLaDOS

God you people are despicable. Honestly. You really are. I assume you all have psychiatric degrees and are able to diagnose people for mental illness?

If not, what the hell does it matter what other people are doing with their time off? Or do you measure self worth by tearing down other people?

I come here to try and get some news/info, and all I've got is smug superiority and insults against people none of us have ever met.

PhotoDave219

cw1982

God you people are despicable. Honestly. You really are. I assume you all have psychiatric degrees and are able to diagnose people for mental illness?

If not, what the hell does it matter what other people are doing with their time off? Or do you measure self worth by tearing down other people?

I come here to try and get some news/info, and all I've got is smug superiority and insults against people none of us have ever met.

I assume this was directed at me, so I'll reply.

I, for one, wasn't trying to diagnose any kind of mental condition. I see now how my statement could have been taken that way, but I meant insanity more in the sense of "extreme foolishness or irrationality," which, IMO, describes her behavior perfectly. I do find the idea of waiting in a theme park for three weeks or more for the slim chance of getting access to something before the rest of the public to be irrational at the very least.

As far as whether or not it matters, have you been reading this thread? Half of what is said here, if not more, is far from useful news/info, such as what you're looking for. Sure, there's a lot of interesting rumor that gets posted here, and there are some reliable people here who like to share what they hear, but I'd hardly say anyone should be shocked to find opinionated posts on here that have nothing to do with any kind of news developments.

Oh, and I'm far from viewing myself as superior to anyone here. Anyone who has talked to me for more than two minutes would know that... I wasn't being smug; I was simply stating my opinion. Sorry if that bothers you somehow.

Last edited:

alissafalco

I assume this was directed at me, so I'll reply.

I, for one, wasn't trying to diagnose any kind of mental condition. I see now how my statement could have been taken that way, but I meant insanity more in the sense of "extreme foolishness or irrationality," which, IMO, describes her behavior perfectly. I do find the idea of waiting in a theme park for three weeks or more for the slim chance of getting access to something before the rest of the public to be irrational at the very least.

As far as whether or not it matters, have you been reading this thread? Half of what is said here, if not more, is far from useful news/info, such as what you're looking for. Sure, there's a lot of interesting rumor that gets posted here, and there are some reliable people here who like to share what they hear, but I'd hardly say anyone should be shocked to find opinionated posts on here that have nothing to do with any kind of news developments.

Oh, and I'm far from superior to anyone here. Anyone who has talked to me for more than two minutes would know that... I wasn't being smug; I was simply stating my opinion. Sorry if that bothers you somehow.
Im sure his post was directed at me as well. I wont respond since you answered him well and said it better than I could have.

lazyboy97o

In a weird twist, I too have been banned from Woolworth's although for reasons I will keep to myself.

For now
Just the particular Woolworth's or the entire chain?

And just to tie it in to Disney, Woolworth's would be one of those titans of industry that was #1 and is no more. I'm sure plenty of people inside and outside of the company said it could never happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom