The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PrincessNelly_NJ

I've seen better hotels at downtown pittsburgh for less o_O
I like the curtains LOL.
I thought pre-refurb that the rooms were dated:
grand_floridian.jpg

But now... they just look cheap and rushed... at least the old design had character. Now they are just bland.
Renovated-Room-Disneys-Grand-Floridian-Resort-Spa-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

Cesar R M

Yes as his project got downgraded from 3 to 1 and a half...

What makes you think HP is done also? 3rd gate on the way, lots of things they can remove to make more room. A few more Rowling books on the way... we haven't seen the last of the Harry Potter world attractions.

At this point we can concur this guy is blatantly trolling or being paid to sit down here and bash Universal 24/7

Soarin' Over Pgh

Does anyone know what disney offered jk Rowling in terms of potter? Is there concept art floating around or any details? I'm kinda curious what she said no to and what was initially offered :)

... @marni1971

Edit... Also, what park were they offering to dump potter into? DHS?

The Crafty Veteran

For the record, I have never been to Universal and have no desire to go to Universal and just booked a two week vacation to Florida in October specifically for the Food and Wine festival and have made no plans to go to Universal. So while everyone wants to say how great Universal is, it still does not intrigue me in the least. Or my grand kids. I keep reading about coasters, Cedar Point has the best coaster collection on the planet and I can't stand that place anymore. Theme parks need substance not coasters.

stevehousse

Does anyone know what disney offered jk Rowling in terms of potter? Is there concept art floating around or any details? I'm kinda curious what she said no to and what was initially offered :)

... @marni1971

I don't think those r out floating around anywhere but would love to see them! I think the biggest concern for JK with Disney is that they really didn't want her to have any creative control over the project, which is why she went with universal instead because they let her have that creative control during the planning process...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For the record, I have never been to Universal and have no desire to go to Universal and just booked a two week vacation to Florida in October specifically for the Food and Wine festival and have made no plans to go to Universal. So while everyone wants to say how great Universal is, it still does not intrigue me in the least. Or my grand kids. I keep reading about coasters, Cedar Point has the best coaster collection on the planet and I can't stand that place anymore. Theme parks need substance not coasters.

Uni has a lot of substance and very few coasters.

CDavid

But now... they just look cheap and rushed... at least the old design had character. Now they are just bland.
Renovated-Room-Disneys-Grand-Floridian-Resort-Spa-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

I've seen Hampton Inn and Fairfield Inn locations which look better, higher quality, and more upscale. No, I'm not exaggerating. "Bland" doesn't do this room justice.

Given that the room decor and furnishings are below Hampton Inn level, but with the convenient location near the parks and considering that the hotel does have resort amenities a Hampton Inn lacks, I'm going to say that room is worth about $200 a night.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Please, define substance... as you head to WDW where they have two half day parks and another that consist of spending half your day walking a lagoon just hanging out

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

... @marni1971

I'll summon @Lee to fill in the blanks, but Disney offered limited input and control. Consensus is the "E" Ticket was a TSMM style ride with wands.

AEfx

... @marni1971

I don't think it ever got that far - Disney simply wasn't willing to give up creative control in the way that Rowling demanded. She wouldn't have settled for a Soarin' clone and a bunch of meet'n'greets, LOL.

PrincessNelly_NJ

they look way too generic now :/
I honestly do not see much "deluxe" in them now.
I've seen Hampton Inn and Fairfield Inn locations which look better, higher quality, and more upscale. No, I'm not exaggerating. "Bland" doesn't do this room justice.

Given that the room decor and furnishings are below Hampton Inn level, but with the convenient location near the parks and considering that the hotel does have resort amenities a Hampton Inn lacks, I'm going to say that room is worth about $200 a night.
At this point.. I'd rather spend my money at AKL (the cheapest deluxe) or even CSR before staying here.
I think the villas look better but... no thanks...

lazyboy97o

I think you know full well what you're reading isn't true, but truthful comments don't cause a stir. Troll harder next time.

Todd H

Yeah, because two incredibly themed Harry Potter lands lack substance. :rolleyes:

51401540.jpg

GLaDOS

It won't swing you I know, but Uni / IOA has just 4 traditional white knuckle coasters between them. 5 if you include both Dragons tracks.

And one of those is a dark ride hybrid coaster that won mutliple awards for its more than a coaster approach.

I'm also not sure how much I'd term Mummy a "white-knuckle" ride. I don't think it's much more intense then Everest

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm also not sure how much I'd term Mummy a "white-knuckle" ride. I don't think it's much more intense then Everest
Me neither.

Given its restraints, style and direction of travel and what... 40-50mph? I thought it'd qualify.

Definitely not Hulk or Dragons territory though.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I can't believe that he really said that FB was underwhelming but refers to 7DMT as:
"state of the art animatronics, two awesome airtime hills, catchy music, hairpin turns, and even projections from the original movie. It also is beautiful to look at and very well themed all around."

Now I know you're just doing this for attention!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom