The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

bhg469

For the record, I have never been to Universal and have no desire to go to Universal and just booked a two week vacation to Florida in October specifically for the Food and Wine festival and have made no plans to go to Universal. So while everyone wants to say how great Universal is, it still does not intrigue me in the least. Or my grand kids. I keep reading about coasters, Cedar Point has the best coaster collection on the planet and I can't stand that place anymore. Theme parks need substance not coasters.

For the record, you are making no point! You say you want substance and an overwhelming majority of members (of a DISNEY FORUM) agree that universal is doing things the way Disney used to. The breathtaking scenery, the good food, reasonable prices, the value of a ticket vs the attractions you can go on. You're taking all of that, and you're coming in this thread to announce that you have no desire to go to Universal?? Well thanks!!

How many times haveyou been to WDW in the past.... 10 years? I have probably been there 5 times in that period and I was not in Universal for a few decades.. You are one less person that I have to dodge to get to the better attractions in universal on my next visit. Ill be doing food an wine if I am down in october, I will promptly leave after im done and go to my room in Cabana Bay joking wih my wife about how filthy our overpriced "moderate" room at CBR was awful and the resort was one of the worst in WDW.

The Crafty Veteran

It won't swing you I know, but Uni / IOA has just 4 traditional white knuckle coasters between them. 5 if you include both Dragons tracks.

And one of those is a dark ride hybrid coaster that won mutliple awards for its more than a coaster approach.

I'm much to old for Space Mountain anything more white knuckle than that is not compelling for me.

Bolna

Shouldn't a room set 120 years ago maybe look a little dated?

I agree, but there is "dated" and "dated".

I think the rooms needed to be themed to fit with the Victorian style of the hotel. The old design transported this much better. But then a hotel room also needs to appeal to today's guests and fit to modern industry standard. Hence a TV and a shower despite being Victorian. This also applies to the bedspreads that are no longer considered desirable. Also fashion in colour schemes change over time. I am sure most people would not appreciate a room decorated in the very dark colours that were so popular in the Victorian age.

However, instead of updating the look while keeping the theme they went for bland. It appears that Disney has decided to go two ways with their newer hotel room designs: Bland for the expensive ones and over the top gaudy for the cheaper ones (I am thinking of those horrible princess rooms!). Neither are themed properly. I am scared to think what will happen to the rooms at AKL when they get their hands on those!

lazyboy97o

So by your logic anything less "white knuckle" would appeal to you. You know Universal has "less white knuckle" attractions so I would say they should appeal to you...based on your logic.
We are all just lying. Every one knows Universal Orlando Resort only has big scary roller coasters so the awful Team Members can laugh as people throw up, and then not clean it up because they're lazy people fired from Walt Disney World.

bhg469

So by your logic anything less "white knuckle" would appeal to you. You know Universal has "less white knuckle" attractions so I would say they should appeal to you...based on your logic.
Because Universal has those crazy kids causing all sorts of hullabaloo and their balderdash! No rocking chairs in sight, and where can I get a tall bottle of sarsaparilla?

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

The Crafty Veteran

I think you know full well what you're reading isn't true, but truthful comments don't cause a stir. Troll harder next time.

Where am I trolling please? If I want to troll I would have brought up something silly like Marvel contracts and Marvel at WDW, remember those discussions? If I remember correctly you always liked to jump in them and correct people about the contract but in the end, you had no idea what you were talking about. Now I could consider that trolling, couldn't you?

Now I'm just offering my opinion, nothing more nothing less, take it or leave it, but calling me a troll, that's a little rude.

lebeau

For the record, I have never been to Universal and have no desire to go to Universal and just booked a two week vacation to Florida in October specifically for the Food and Wine festival and have made no plans to go to Universal. So while everyone wants to say how great Universal is, it still does not intrigue me in the least. Or my grand kids. I keep reading about coasters, Cedar Point has the best coaster collection on the planet and I can't stand that place anymore. Theme parks need substance not coasters.

You and your grand kids will not be missed.

bhg469

I think the rooms needed to be themed to fit with the Victorian style of the hotel. The old design transported this much better. But then a hotel room also needs to appeal to today's guests and fit to modern industry standard. Hence a TV and a shower despite being Victorian. This also applies to the bedspreads that are no longer considered desirable. Also fashion in colour schemes change over time. I am sure most people would not appreciate a room decorated in the very dark colours that were so popular in the Victorian age.

However, instead of updating the look while keeping the theme they went for bland. It appears that Disney has decided to go two ways with their newer hotel room designs: Bland for the expensive ones and over the top gaudy for the cheaper ones (I am thinking of those horrible princess rooms!). Neither are themed properly. I am scared to think what will happen to the rooms at AKL when they get their hands on those!
I can honestly say that the refurb at CSR was actually nice, but Im partial because its my favorite resort on site. Not that I will be staying there at $200 bucks a night when it is a not much better than a red roof inn.

lazyboy97o

Where am I trolling please? If I want to troll I would have brought up something silly like Marvel contracts and Marvel at WDW, remember those discussions? If I remember correctly you always liked to jump in them and correct people about the contract but in the end, you had no idea what you were talking about. Now I could consider that trolling, couldn't you?

Now I'm just offering my opinion, nothing more nothing less, take it or leave it, but calling me a troll, that's a little rude.
You are offering something untrue and unrelated because it will cause a stir. That is the very definition of trolling. And seeing as I point people to the actual Marvel contract, it seems your issue is with the SEC and not me.

Cesar R M

they seem to be doing the same with the poly.. the general design of the fountain area is a fine example.

like I said in my older posts.. the Westin Convention center at Pittsburgh and the Omni William penn look thousands better than the GF new room.

Astro Blaster

I have been to WDW about 20 times in my life and UNI twice, but as a Harry Potter fan I'm going to need to visit UNI again at some point. This looks fantastic and if I can go to the WB studio tour when I lived in London (highly recommended btw!) I can go to this.

I'm all about trying different things and experiencing new places, and even though I've gone to WDW about 20 times, I experienced something new each time. While I do still love WDW, why stay there for my entire vacation and experience the same things when I can do something new and great instead?

If anything, I hope this royal screwup of HP and JK Rowling by Disney has given them a giant reality check slap in the face.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
So wait. Someone coming into this thread and saying they are not interested in Universal is trolling? Is it trolling because it goes against the prevailing opinion of the standard members of this thread?

I'm not super interested in Universal either, and wont likely go back for 3-5 more years until my children are old enough to enjoy it.

Is that trolling?

TeriofTerror

I personally enjoy both Disney and Universal. But hey; I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge?

bhg469

common bro, let's not get personal here.
Im not getting personal, young kids, including the ones in my family have more fun with a deflated basketball than I could ever have. Kids have great imaginations and can make the best of a situation which is why I don't think kids under 4 really need to go to a place like WDW. They can't take it all in and its sort of a waste. I am also against childrens museums for the record. Dumbing down entertainment for the sake of children having more fun is doing them a disservice... Like Ipads in a queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom