The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

lazyboy97o

So wait. Someone coming into this thread and saying they are not interested in Universal is trolling? Is it trolling because it goes against the prevailing opinion of the standard members of this thread?

I'm not super interested in Universal either, and wont likely go back for 3-5 more years until my children are old enough to enjoy it.

Is that trolling?
This really is not a thread about trip planning, but what makes it trolling is the inclusion of lies.

bhg469

So wait. Someone coming into this thread and saying they are not interested in Universal is trolling? Is it trolling because it goes against the prevailing opinion of the standard members of this thread?

I'm not super interested in Universal either, and wont likely go back for 3-5 more years until my children are old enough to enjoy it.

Is that trolling?

Well coming into a thread to say nothing other than, I don't care what anyone says, but universal is not worth my time... Its not adding to the discussion, there was no reasoning other than a majority of us are wrong..

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Im not getting personal, young kids, including the ones in my family have more fun with a deflated basketball than I could ever have. Kids have great imaginations and can make the best of a situation which is why I don't think kids under 4 really need to go to a place like WDW. They can't take it all in and its sort of a waste. I am also against childrens museums for the record. Dumbing down entertainment for the sake of children having more fun is doing them a disservice... Like Ipads in a queue.
I can promise you children under 4 get PLENTY of entertainment out of a place like WDW. And the best part it, their parents get to have enjoyment too.
If you'd like to throw your kid a deflated basketball and will get great enjoyment out of watching them, more power to you.
I'll enjoy taking my 3 year old to WDW. She doesn't go a single day without talking to me about at least one thing she loved on her last trip, when she was 2 years old.

PhotoDave219

For the record, I have never been to Universal and have no desire to go to Universal and just booked a two week vacation to Florida in October specifically for the Food and Wine festival and have made no plans to go to Universal. So while everyone wants to say how great Universal is, it still does not intrigue me in the least. Or my grand kids. I keep reading about coasters, Cedar Point has the best coaster collection on the planet and I can't stand that place anymore. Theme parks need substance not coasters.

Your opinion is noted.

I suggest you take the next few days off. Hopefully someday your grandkids will read the HP books and you'll check it out. You'd enjoy the substance.

Bolna

This really is not a thread about trip planning, but what makes it trolling is the inclusion of lies.

Well coming into a thread to say nothing other than, I don't care what anyone says, but universal is not worth my time... Its not adding to the discussion, there was no reasoning other than a majority of us are wrong..

Oh - and then there is the old saying: Don't feed the troll!! :angelic:

The Crafty Veteran

You are offering something untrue and unrelated because it will cause a stir. That is the very definition of trolling. And seeing as I point people to the actual Marvel contract, it seems your issue is with the SEC and not me.

What is untrue and unrelated attempting to cause a stir when the last ten pages of this thread has been WDW vs Universal?

How about Guardians of the Galaxy being shown at DHS? What does the SEC contract say about that? Haven't you stated numerous times that would never happen? Or were you just trolling?

PhotoDave219

For the record, you are making no point! You say you want substance and an overwhelming majority of members (of a DISNEY FORUM) agree that universal is doing things the way Disney used to. The breathtaking scenery, the good food, reasonable prices, the value of a ticket vs the attractions you can go on. You're taking all of that, and you're coming in this thread to announce that you have no desire to go to Universal?? Well thanks!!

How many times haveyou been to WDW in the past.... 10 years? I have probably been there 5 times in that period and I was not in Universal for a few decades.. You are one less person that I have to dodge to get to the better attractions in universal on my next visit. Ill be doing food an wine if I am down in october, I will promptly leave after im done and go to my room in Cabana Bay joking wih my wife about how filthy our overpriced "moderate" room at CBR was awful and the resort was one of the worst in WDW.

Easy, easy.... take it back down to a three. Guy doesnt like Universal, no need to jump all over him unless he repeats his points in a desperate need for attention.

However, if he posts Star Wars spoilers, feel free to gut him like a catfish while I'm warming up the flamethrower.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I've read that post quite a few times. The poster only seemed to be talking about their personal opinion on Universal.

And really, THIS thread is being patrolled for thread drift now? Both Steve and Spirit have made multiple attempts to try and keep this thread "on topic", which honestly, there is none.

raymusiccity

Is that trolling?

I'm really looking forward to the next salvo. :) Doesn't asking if something is trolling, by its own definition, qualify it as trolling?

lazyboy97o

What is untrue and unrelated attempting to cause a stir when the last ten pages of this thread has been WDW vs Universal?

How about Guardians of the Galaxy being shown at DHS? What does the SEC contract say about that? Haven't you stated numerous times that would never happen? Or were you just trolling?
Your statements about the contents of the Universal Orlando Resort which are readily known.

Using the search I'm not seeing where I made any statements regarding Guardians of the Galaxy.

bhg469

Easy, easy.... take it back down to a three. Guy doesnt like Universal, no need to jump all over him unless he repeats his points in a desperate need for attention.

However, if he posts Star Wars spoilers, feel free to gut him like a catfish while I'm warming up the flamethrower.
I don't know what came over me Dave! I blacked out and words were on the screen thingie!!

lebeau

Well, if there was any doubt this guy was trolling, I think we have our answer.

Thanks for clearing that up!

lazyboy97o

I've read that post quite a few times. The poster only seemed to be talking about their personal opinion on Universal.

And really, THIS thread is being patrolled for thread drift now? Both Steve and Spirit have made multiple attempts to try and keep this thread "on topic", which honestly, there is none.
As I stated, the issue is not one of thread drift but of lying. Claiming that Universal is only coasters is the base go-to for trying to stir the pot in threads where the tone is quite positive towards Universal Orlando Resort. Somebody always tries and then claims they were just stating their innocent opinion and not looking for reactions.

The Crafty Veteran

What is the difference between this thread and the Bob Saget one other that where they are located?

The point I was trying to make was as great as Universal might be to some, it does not appeal to everyone. Could I have been more straight forward with that sentiment sure, but I didn't think I had to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom