The Spirited Back Nine ...

Mike S

Speaking of Arrendale... on ABC's Christmas Light Fight this evening two kids from Rhode Island built a replica of Elsa's ice castle. When asked by the host why they built it, they responded as soon as they saw the ice castle they wanted to going inside. Folks want to be transported to these worlds, not a slapdash refurb of a World Showcase ride. Looks like they'll have to settle for the two kids from RI.
Bending over to pick up pennies while dollars fly overhead. Flippin' morons.....

tenchikiss

Speaking of Arrendale... on ABC's Christmas Light Fight this evening two kids from Rhode Island built a replica of Elsa's ice castle. When asked by the host why they built it, they responded as soon as they saw the ice castle they wanted to going inside. Folks want to be transported to these worlds, not a slapdash refurb of a World Showcase ride. Looks like they'll have to settle for the two kids from RI.

The first hour had a homemade ice castle from Frozen too, the man with all the painted cutouts. He actually had an entire Disneyland castle display.

Magenta Panther

Yup - the real problem is Disney has one core park, and three other temporary diversion parks. Disney's own design in attractions, entertainment, and schedule causes the whole resort to come crushing down on MK on the busiest nights. Disney need to shape it's customer behavior to find more value in staying in the other parks. FP+ tries to do that half heartedly through force.. instead of creating DRAW to stay in parks.

If DHS took 2-3 days to enjoy instead of 8hrs... you wouldn't need as much MK capacity.

You speak the truth. To most people, the heart and soul of a Disney park is Fantasyland/Magic Kingdom - the most DISNEY parts of the parks. And I don't think anything that's being planned for the other parks - especially Avatar - is going to alleviate the crowd problems in those places. I wonder if that's the "logic" in putting Frozen in Epcot; maybe, to the Disney suits, the solution to customer demand is not to respect the integrity of the various components of WDW and build new attractions to strengthen each park's identity, but to take guests' favorite things and spread them all over the place. That's easier and cheaper, after all. Gah. Suddenly the Frozen/Maelstrom travesty is making more sense to me. I think I'm going to throw up...

The Mom

Premium Member
Well good ole Bob Iger is at the Monday night football game in my good state of Wisconsin. Bob isn't out in the cold of Green Bay of course he is in a suite.

The only way I would watch a football game in a stadium in December is if I was offered a seat in one of the suites/skyboxes. ;)

RSoxNo1

I would love to know if Disney's stupid powerpoints are as good as these Sony marketing ones.
http://gawker.com/sonys-embarrassing-powerpoints-are-even-worst-than-thei-1666403941
I've seen theme park related slides and they were pretty straight forward, nowhere near as brain dead as these ones from Sony. It baffles me that people are getting paid to identify that comedy is a key theme in a comedy. I'm sure there are executives that know what they're doing but these slides just reinforce the stereotype that many executives are out of touch with the product they should be promoting.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've seen theme park related slides and they were pretty straight forward, nowhere near as brain dead as these ones from Sony. It baffles me that people are getting paid to identify that comedy is a key theme in a comedy. I'm sure there are executives that know what they're doing but these slides just reinforce the stereotype that many executives are out of touch with the product they should be promoting.

While it may seem redundant or dumb in isolation... that typically means the eye of the beholder doesn't know why it's there in the first place. For instance, these slides all had common elements and all spoke to those same points. So what does that tell you? That there probably is a template or common checkpoints all these presentations had to follow or hit. It could be a process that each needs to go through.. regardless of the genre.

It would be an example of strict process dominating style or uniqueness. And would that surprise anyone when we are talking big corporate???

truecoat

Making the trip out west in less than two months now. I'm so excited :D I can't wait for Indiana Jones and Cars Land :)

Went on a hastily planned trip at the end of October. I've been to DL a couple times before and rode Indy but it seemed much better than I remember. I rode it 8 times while I was there and could have rode it several more easy. Love that ride.

RSoxNo1

While it may seem redundant or dumb in isolation... that typically means the eye of the beholder doesn't know why it's there in the first place. For instance, these slides all had common elements and all spoke to those same points. So what does that tell you? That there probably is a template or common checkpoints all these presentations had to follow or hit. It could be a process that each needs to go through.. regardless of the genre.

It would be an example of strict process dominating style or uniqueness. And would that surprise anyone when we are talking big corporate???
It reminds me of the regimented look at imagination that was organized in the newest version of the attraction relative to the far more whimsical original version.

the.dreamfinder

We often discuss how the resort has gotten less special, how the little things that WDW the place we love matter less. I recently came across a hand out pamphlet, a really nice one at that, which was given out to guests at the end The Magic of Disney Animation in the early days of TD-MGMS. Disney could have easily just pointed guests to the relatively expensive, but rich "Illusion of Life" in the gift shop, but they wanted to make sure every guest had the opportunity to take something home from their tour. A little souvenir that could spark a young child's interest in the medium. I wish the Disney Animation exhibits on both coasts were still entertaining, educational, and informative, as Marty Sklar used to put it, and less M&G and arts and crafts.
http://one1more2time3.wordpress.com/2014/06/29/disney-florida/
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

WildcatDen

I'll give you a reason why Magic Kingdom is slammed right now? Beyond all the other reasons, the economic reasons, the other parks failing to hold people, etc., etc.…

As much as we all don't want to hear this… It's the only park you can meet those darn frozen twins. You can only find them in one park.
I do not think they are twins are they, but, oh, wait a second, twins. . . frozen. . . I get it. Elsa must be pretty stacked?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom