The Spirited Back Nine ...

Fox&Hound

Wow! Thanks so much for the update!!!!

I wonder if the cars ride will borrow some of the interior scenes of RSR but not have the outdoor track? Any word on if Mater's is coming to HS?

Really excited that more food options are coming to HS as I feel the park lacks quality dining (except Derby). Would love to see Flo's come over.

I'm really excited for the future of HS. I feel like the parks has been so stale for so long that new life and energy in the park sounds fantastic!

BrerJon

Only that a blue alien se-x kitty wearing mouse ears at HHNs said that ''Avatar would be coming to a theme park near you around 2075'' ...

I think that Bill & Ted show is probably the best attraction in Orlando right now. This year's show was brilliant. Shame there's only another couple of days for guests to learn the secrets of the Magical Tracking Bands.

Last edited:

BrerJon

Sort of off-topic, but I hated that they did this joke again. Same exact joke, word for word, 3 years in a row now. Same costume and I think it's the same actor as well. It's funny once, maybe even the second time, but it's getting old now.

Isn't that the point though? Repeating it every year *is* the joke, they do it again and again just to ram home Disney's glacial pace of construction, in contrast to their own pace of opening things.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I'm more shocked about UNI. This was the perfect opportunity to really strike and it seems they're deciding to pull the reigns back at the most inopportune time... DA with EFG should have been viewed as a key expansion to the park to really set it in the direction to put it on WDW's level, basically a stepping stone to a planned goal. It seems it's basically being viewed as: Well... that didn't bring in the insane return we'd hope for, so let's not do that again and while we're at it, let's cut all future projects down to size and don't let our ambitions get too lofty.

This could be the moment UNI shoots itself in the foot and loses all of the momentum and potential headway it was really making. This is very concerning.
Maybe, like many of the rest of us, they understand that there is only so much that Uni can do at this point to compete with Disney.

What if they did keep adding to the park? How much would it cost to buy the land to build it on? Things are pretty packed in there already. What if they did manage to score the same attendance that Disney has? Where the hell would they put them?

Uni made a good stab at Disney by playing what used to be Disney's game. That was to build something that was very good, very expensive and therefore wake the sleeping Disney Brass enough to realize that they had to do something to remain untouchable. In the process they managed to become a player in that they are now recognized as an organization that can deliver good stuff. In doing that they have gone from a park('s) that people would fit in when they had the time to something that is definitely on the schedule. That is a big accomplishment. All Disney had to do to make Uni a real player was to just let DHS, DAK and Epcot sit in the Florida sun and rot away. Then people would be willing to take the time away from Disney and go to Uni. Perhaps that message finally got through to them.

randyrut

There is nothing better than logging in here after being away for a while and finding a new thread by Spirit. These are the only threads I put any faith in. So thanks for all the info you supply to us. Having said that, does it make anyone else sad to know that DHS will be so barren for the next bunch of years? It looks like the only things I will be looking forward to on my trips there are ToT, RnRC, TGMR, and eating at the 50s Prime Time Cafe (ask for Tom as your server). Truly hoping they find a way to make the park interesting while they do all of these additions.

As far as UNI goes, I could not agree more that the area was done perfectly. Totally immersive. Gringotts was fun, but was a bit of a letdown. I feel that is only because of the buildup. When I go back in a year, I will probably enjoy it more because my expectations will be dropped.

Just curious if Spirit has any insight on what is going on with Soarin...my apologies if this has been answered in other posts, but I have been away for a while. Are they making another theater, are they changing the movie? Thanks!

WildcatDen

. . . BUT I am excited by the possibilities in sort of a distant way (you know, like some men sat and watched the Olsen twins for years kind of hoping and wishing for possibilities!)
I think, well, maybe, hmm, not sure, for sure, where you are going with this but. . . yeah, that's about right?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
There is nothing better than logging in here after being away for a while and finding a new thread by Spirit. These are the only threads I put any faith in. So thanks for all the info you supply to us. Having said that, does it make anyone else sad to know that DHS will be so barren for the next bunch of years? It looks like the only things I will be looking forward to on my trips there are ToT, RnRC, TGMR, and eating at the 50s Prime Time Cafe (ask for Tom as your server). Truly hoping they find a way to make the park interesting while they do all of these additions.

I'd argue that even before all the closures the park didn't have much more than those rides to look forward to. So far, none of the things closed will impact my current travel plans. I did not shed a tear about American Idol closing, or Soundstage 1, or AFI, or Backlot Tour, or Narnia/Sparrow. I will not be impacted if LMA is closed, or Indy. Sure, there are a few attractions that actually would impact my enjoyment of the park, but so far, it's not happened. It's part of the problem. The park already had so little to do, closing down the very sparsely attended parts of the park can be done with almost 0 impact to the general population.

gostone23

I'd argue that even before all the closures the park didn't have much more than those rides to look forward to. So far, none of the things closed will impact my current travel plans. I did not shed a tear about American Idol closing, or Soundstage 1, or AFI, or Backlot Tour, or Narnia/Sparrow. I will not be impacted if LMA is closed, or Indy. Sure, there are a few attractions that actually would impact my enjoyment of the park, but so far, it's not happened. It's part of the problem. The park already had so little to do, closing down the very sparsely attended parts of the park can be done with almost 0 impact to the general population.

Agreed. MY wife and I were discussing this after our last visit to DHS. I felt like it was a total waste of our time. She likes the theme. We basically ate at SCIFI, rode GMR and shopped. My 6 yr old wouldn't like TOT or RnR but those we be the only two other things we did.

This rebuild is sorely overdue. Now if they would only enhance Epcot I may think about returning in 2019.

-robert

DManRightHere

Did DCA get a makeover on their budget, or just cars land?

So this may mean Disney will create a new icon for the park?

If they're making over the park like this I can understand why they would want to replace GMR....

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
As always @WDW1974 thank you for your updates. I was at "the World" 2 weeks ago and DHS is seriously lacking. I hope it gets the love it needs and I hope EPCOT is next.

Looks like I won't be planning a trip to WDW 'til at least 2017 considering we're going to DL for their 60th next year.

I also LOVED Diagon Alley.

Marc Gil

Glad to hear that DHS is finally getting some love, although no news on Future World?

To be fair, I feel that DHS is in worse shape than any of the four parks at WDW, and needs the most attention. I'm hopeful that GMR will continue to be the crown jewel of Hollywood Blvd.

suburbianj

would be good if someone who is on this alot puts everyone's questions onto the same post for him to read and hopefully answer to save him reading a good few pages and having to go back and forth to answer everyone's questions...im sure there were at least a good forty pages of posts for him to read on his last thread that he missed out on after being away two weeks or so! Just an idea to throw out there!

wdwfan4ver

Did DCA get a makeover on their budget, or just cars land?
It was more than Carsland, but they didn't get all entire make over that Disney announced. Disney announced that there was going to be 2 phases for the makeover, but they only did 1 phase.

Phase 1 was Carland, World of Color, Toy Story Midway Mania, Little Mermaid ride aka the same one as New Fantasy Land, main entrance and Sunshine Plaza turned into Buena Vista Street, and retheming 3 rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom