The Spirited Back Nine ...

Next Big Thing

That IS the joke though. Also it is only the second year they've done it, and no it isn't the same actor.

The joke was so well received the previous year that doing it word for word makes it funnier since jokes are nearly never reused.

Bill and Ted is partially written for fans, like it or not.
I'm completely aware of pretty much everything you said, aside from the actor part.

I personally know the writer, so I know how it goes down and what the thought process is.

I get that the joke is to poke fun because it's taking disney so long.

I know i'll be having my little chats to try and influence them to at least come up with something new next year related to Avatar. After all, it is a big locals event. Doing the same joke over and over, whether it be that that in itself IS the joke or not, is not fun for me as a local.

Magenta Panther

Drunks are an issue at EPCOT. Plain and simple. And adding a DRINK RESPONSIBLY on the Food and Wine and Sodomize You With the Prices Fest Brochure doesn't change the fact that instead of a tasting and experimenting with new tastes experience, F&W has become a Get Drunk Around the World For 16 Times What It Would Cost in the Real World Fest.

Of course, they're even worse at HHN's where fights are commonplace and security is nearly invisible in house queues.

That's the reason I've never gone to a HHN. A friend who did told me it was worse than Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Having been to one of those....yeah...no thank yew.

PhotoDave219

I'm completely aware of pretty much everything you said, aside from the actor part.

I personally know the writer, so I know how it goes down and what the thought process is.

I get that the joke is to poke fun because it's taking disney so long.

I know i'll be having my little chats to try and influence them to at least come up with something new next year related to Avatar. After all, it is a big locals event. Doing the same joke over and over, whether it be that that in itself IS the joke or not, is not fun for me as a local.

Im guessing he/she/it/they read these forums?

Magenta Panther

That IS the joke though. Also it is only the second year they've done it, and no it isn't the same actor.

The joke was so well received the previous year that doing it word for word makes it funnier since jokes are nearly never reused.

tumblr_m0h9wpbdU21rqfhi2o1_500.gif

MerlinTheGoat

My theory would be Star Tours to incorporate elements from the new movies. It would probably be fairly easy to do compared to other ride alterations, and serve as both good movie advertisement and a way to boost attendance a little. Doubt anything will be done with Tower of Terror or even RnRC.

Next Big Thing

My theory would be Star Tours to incorporate elements from the new movies. It would probably be fairly easy to do compared to other ride alterations, and serve as both good movie advertisement and a way to boost attendance a little. Doubt anything will be done with Tower of Terror or even RnRC.
I can easily see them changing out theme on RNRC. Even if it's just to make it a bit more generic based to the music industry in general. Having Aerosmith attached to the ride doesn't really do much for them tbh. There are many ways that coaster could be themed, Aerosmith or even the music industry in general doesn't have to be a part of it at all for it to be a great and potentially better themed experience.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I liked it. I liked it a lot. But I didn't love it. And I don't think it comes close to being a Top 10 attraction worldwide.

It's fun. The queue is phenomenal (except for the cheap paint job of the supposedly marble columns ... hey, Gwyn agreed with me and she worked on the **** thing). Love the elevators, which remind me of JTTCoTE at TDS. The detail is terrific. The attraction is thisclose to being a true family ride as it's not close to being as intense as FJ or even the Mummy. But there are still multiple show synching issues (again, ride with someone who knows every inch of the attraction and you'll get it). It's still wonderful. But it is similar to how I felt after riding Transformers. Liked it, but enjoyed Spidey more. Liked Gringotts, but it doesn't compare to FJ for me.

FWIW, I loved Diagon Alley much more as a total package then Gringotts as a ride.

You summed up how I felt about Gringotts perfectly. It wasn't exactly "that was it?", more "that was fun", but closer to the first than I would have expected. Everything leading up to it was so well done (minus the Contact paper job on the columns which drove me nuts. There is faux work that works well at distances but never meant to be seen up close.) that the ride was a minor (again minor) letdown. And let's get it out in the open, those elevators were just dressed up Hydrolators from The Living Seas. I spent my time in them waiting to be welcomed to Seabase Alpha. Not that that is a bad thing.
Diagon Alley as a whole is so well done, the ride almost doesn't hold up to its scrutiny.

As for the rest of the news in here, I am cautiously excited, pessimisticly mind-blown by the budget numbers getting mentioned. How long did the DCA makeover take from announcement to open?

Next Big Thing

As for the rest of the news in here, I am cautiously excited, pessimisticly mind-blown by the budget numbers getting mentioned. How long did the DCA makeover take from announcement to open?
Same amount of time that @WDW1974 threw out for DHS... 5 years. Announced in 2007 (October 17th, to be exact), opened Summer 2012. So technically, from announcement, it was less than 5 years. However, they had already started work on TSMM beforehand, so I think 5 years is about right.

Atomicmickey

@WDW1974 I take it, then, that Epcot is still in 'Maelstrom Overlay, Soarin' Upgrade (at some point), in terms of planned improvements?

Sad to contemplate that, at minimum, 3 of 4 parks need major work, isn't it? But that is where we find ourselves. I know that MK could use more, given the underwhelming nature of the FL Expansion, but with
the hub thingy, etc. we could reasonably let that sit for a couple years, anyway.

But Epcot, poor Epcot has lost its way. (Not that we'll ever get it back. I'm a forward thinking person, not sentimental about much in life, but late 80's Epcot was a dream we'll never see again.)

twebber55

@WDW1974 I take it, then, that Epcot is still in 'Maelstrom Overlay, Soarin' Upgrade (at some point), in terms of planned improvements?

Sad to contemplate that, at minimum, 3 of 4 parks need major work, isn't it? But that is where we find ourselves. I know that MK could use more, given the underwhelming nature of the FL Expansion, but with
the hub thingy, etc. we could reasonably let that sit for a couple years, anyway.

But Epcot, poor Epcot has lost its way. (Not that we'll ever get it back. I'm a forward thinking person, not sentimental about much in life, but late 80's Epcot was a dream we'll never see again.)
yeah i would think at the earliest EPCOT gets something big by 2021
the next few years will be about DHS and DAK

TeriofTerror

I can easily see them changing out theme on RNRC. Even if it's just to make it a bit more generic based to the music industry in general. Having Aerosmith attached to the ride doesn't really do much for them tbh. There are many ways that coaster could be themed, Aerosmith or even the music industry in general doesn't have to be a part of it at all for it to be a great and potentially better themed experience.
I think it's the entire theme of the ride that needs reexamined, not the specific band represented. I love Aerosmith, but I really wish this attraction's theme was more integrated with the rest of Sunset Boulevard. I find its current connection tenuous, at best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom