The Spirited Back Nine ...

lebeau

Oh yes, what a hilarious set up. Let's make a comedy about assassinating another countries leader. If another country had concocted a movie about killing Obama, there would have been howls of indignation!

It's not unprecedented.

Also, no country made a movie about killing a leader. A studio did. Whatever you or I or anyone else may think of that decision, they were well within their rights to do so.

I just wish the movie had been funnier.

bhg469

Oh yes, what a hilarious set up. Let's make a comedy about assassinating another countries leader. If another country had concocted a movie about killing Obama, there would have been howls of indignation!
Maybe if our president was a walking cartoon character like Un it would be. Some of the myths in the movie about un, like his ability to talk to dolphins, is actually something he has the people of N korea believe.

Goofyernmost

Maybe if our president was a walking cartoon character like Un it would be. Some of the myths in the movie about un, like his ability to talk to dolphins, is actually something he has the people of N korea believe.
I can talk to dolphins. The problem is that they either don't understand what I'm saying or they are ignoring me because they never do what I ask them too. :grumpy: That doesn't stop me from talking to them though. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There are plenty of movies involving plots against the US government and they are made by movie studios in this country. There were seasons of the TV show 24 that revolved around someone trying to assassinate the president of the United States. They did at least have enough sense to make up a fictitious president.

Travel Junkie

Appears to be Star Tours. With the larger inside waiting line, I can't imagine how long that line is! I would be curious to hear about how bad Space Mountain is doing.

If you put the following link into Google chrome it will translate it and give you wait times for TDR. Tokyo Disney tends to inflate their wait times so it probably wasn’t quite this bad, but very busy none the less.

http://time.deepdisney.com/

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If you put the following link into Google chrome it will translate it and give you wait times for TDR. Tokyo Disney tends to inflate their wait times so it probably wasn’t quite this bad, but very busy none the less.

http://time.deepdisney.com/
That's just miserable.

Multiple rides with 3 to 4 hour waits. It's borderline criminal to charge people to put up with that. You would have to pay me to spend 12 hours in a park and only do 3 rides. 60 minute wait for Pirates? Imagine if they had FP+ there;)

Fe Maiden

Sorry, one more taco post: my mother-in-law is the pickiest eater I have ever met. She won't eat Chinese, Mexican, Indian, fish, or anything spicier than an apple. We finally got her to try some homemade tacos (with ground beef, sorry). What did she end up liking? Plain ground beef on a tortilla with ketchup-- that's her "taco".

I would relegate her to the kids table for the rest of her life. Even after all the kids have grown up, she should still be forced to sit by herself on a small chair eating chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.

Bairstow

I saw it. It's exactly what I expect from a Seth Rogen/James Franco movie. I mean, it's not like these guys haven't made movies together before. You know what you're getting from these two. They are like the Cheech and Chong of the 21st century.

I think that's giving Rogen way too much credit. I watched it the other night and kept pausing it or switching windows to browse the net. It took me couple hours to actually get through the whole thing.

The Interview is as boring as it is crude. It's a shame there has been so much ink spilled and money lost over such a nothing movie.
It's a real missed opportunity, too. Vice's 2011 "Guide to North Korea" is both weirder and funnier than the fictional comedy that Rogen made.

71jason

There are plenty of movies involving plots against the US government and they are made by movie studios in this country. There were seasons of the TV show 24 that revolved around someone trying to assassinate the president of the United States. They did at least have enough sense to make up a fictitious president.

The movie is more a satire of America anyway. Of the main two Korean characters,
one is the entirely sympathetic true hero of the piece, while the other is mockingly portrayed as a typical American dude-bro. The joke isn't that he's a dictator--it's that a typical Katy Perry-listening Gen Y kid could be expected to run a country. Even the third act is a satire--it plays out exactly like the Michael Bay film Dave described back at CIA HQ, all to the strains of a pop anthem, rather than being a remotely realistic example of how international relations truly work. With a throw-away LotR joke.

I think the Skylark Tonight bits in the first act are brilliant. Almost too good--just close enough to real life that people may not get the joke.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom