The Spirited Back Nine ...

Absimilliard

Wow, that's nuts.
I like the shot of the women watching the show/ride and having about a gallon of cartoon blood being splashed at them.

The area at Fuji-Q seems to be limited to a number of barely-animated walk-through dioramas.
I guess this one will be taking things a step further.

http://www.madman.com.au/news/a-tour-through-evangelion-world-at-fuji-q-highland-japan/

IMG_7382.jpg

Ironically, Fuji-Q in 2014 beat Tokyo Disney to the Soarin' punch! They replaced their old Gundam attraction with a new Soarin' style theater called Mount Fuji. I am all for scenes of California, but beautiful sights of Mount Fuji on a real simulator? Count me in!

The technology they used is made in Taiwan and while the Soarin' erector sets are only capable of up and down movements, the Brogent/Vekoma I Ride theater has 6 "Degrees of Freedom"... meaning they can do anything a Star Tours simulator can do.

Cesar R M

There's no reason why a company the size of Disney shouldn't take advantage of a recession to spend money on new projects during it. You have better leverage against your contractors because they need work, the growth in attendence slows a bit allowing for some extra flexibility, and , on the inverse of your observation, the economy may be in a better place on opening day.
Sadly, disney is currently managed in a "reactive" way, not proactive.
they react based on the surroundings and supposed "expectations" that almost never get fulfilled completely.

Cesar R M

Don't pay Disney's ridiculous prices... it's the same thing as sprinkling cinnamon and sugar on a slice of Wonder Bread. ;)

Sorry, one more taco post: my mother-in-law is the pickiest eater I have ever met. She won't eat Chinese, Mexican, Indian, fish, or anything spicier than an apple. We finally got her to try some homemade tacos (with ground beef, sorry). What did she end up liking? Plain ground beef on a tortilla with ketchup-- that's her "taco".
"With ketchup"
UBMeBjN.jpg

Progress.City

as bad as watching the Kardasians, Paris Hilton's realities?
Well, at least with those, it had a "dumb blond"-type of humor (which is funny). The Interview had some funny moments. It's the nature of the jokes - the type Seth Rogen is famous for (hint, hint) overdone 1,000 percent but not as funny. Imagine two completely moronic Hugh Hefner types (and that's being insulting to Mr. Hefner... Sorry Hugh) that act the complete opposite of their orientation (confused orientation jokes)... Funny concept but ridiculous when played out! Lol

Progress.City

I thought it was hysterical. But then again I was expecting a stupid comedy with no redeeming value whatsoever…
I guess that was my problem, probably. I was expecting a satire based on a real interview that was done on Kim Jong-un with Dennis Rodman that aired on HBO's investigive journalism magazine program last year called Vice. It actually was loosely influenced by it, as I can tell some scenes actually mirrored what was in that Vice report. The thing is, though, that Vice report wasn't meant to be funny, but it was hilarious because it's one of those things you can't believe that it's real. Yeah, I was expecting a dramatized version of the story behind that report, which could have been really funny, if they went that route. Don't get me wrong. I think Seth Rogen is a great funny talented actor, and I liked every movie he was in. I just didn't expect this to be like all the rest of them and turned up a few notches!

Matt_Black

I guess that was my problem, probably. I was expecting a satire based on a real interview that was done on Kim Jong-un with Dennis Rodman that aired on HBO's investigive journalism magazine program last year called Vice. It actually was loosely influenced by it, as I can tell some scenes actually mirrored what was in that Vice report. The thing is, though, that Vice report wasn't meant to be funny, but it was hilarious because it's one of those things you can't believe that it's real. Yeah, I was expecting a dramatized version of the story behind that report, which could have been really funny, if they went that route. Don't get me wrong. I think Seth Rogen is a great funny talented actor, and I liked every movie he was in. I just didn't expect this to be like all the rest of them and turned up a few notches!

To me, now, I thought The Interview was going to be a send up of the CIA's actual plans to assassinate Castro. If you want a good chuckle sometime, look that up. Some of the plots are more akin to Looney Toons than America's premier intelligence organization.

lebeau

I know this is out of place, but has anyone seen The Interview? I saw it this morning. Don't waste your money. It was HORRIBLE!

I feel I've lost IQ points by watching it!

I saw it. It's exactly what I expect from a Seth Rogen/James Franco movie. I mean, it's not like these guys haven't made movies together before. You know what you're getting from these two. They are like the Cheech and Chong of the 21st century.

raymusiccity

I saw it. It's exactly what I expect from a Seth Rogen/James Franco movie. I mean, it's not like these guys haven't made movies together before. You know what you're getting from these two. They are like the Cheech and Chong of the 21st century.

Oh yes, what a hilarious set up. Let's make a comedy about assassinating another countries leader. If another country had concocted a movie about killing Obama, there would have been howls of indignation!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom