The Spirited Back Nine ...

Progress.City

I saw it. It's exactly what I expect from a Seth Rogen/James Franco movie. I mean, it's not like these guys haven't made movies together before. You know what you're getting from these two. They are like the Cheech and Chong of the 21st century.
But Cheech and Chong were funny. They're funny too, but it was just really dumb that you just get uncomfortable unless you at least chuckle. Which I did. Let's put it this way. Bad Grandpa made me laugh (on a scale from one to ten) a ten. This movie made me laugh a 5 or 6. The one line that I thought was the funniest in the entire movie was when they went to China and they got off the plane and greeted everyone "konnichiwa!". Lol

Progress.City

It's not unprecedented.

Also, no country made a movie about killing a leader. A studio did. Whatever you or I or anyone else may think of that decision, they were well within their rights to do so.

I just wish the movie had been funnier.
And that studio is Japanese (Sony). My grandmother thought the movie made fun of Americans as bad as it did the North Koreans. There was one Japanese-centric joke I picked up on that was hilarious. I already mentioned it in my last post... When they went to China, the Americans, after getting off the plane, greet there Chinese hosts: "konnichiwa!", all proud like they know the language! Lol

Progress.City

I think that's giving Rogen way too much credit. I watched it the other night and kept pausing it or switching windows to browse the net. It took me couple hours to actually get through the whole thing.

The Interview is as boring as it is crude. It's a shame there has been so much ink spilled and money lost over such a nothing movie.
It's a real missed opportunity, too. Vice's 2011 "Guide to North Korea" is both weirder and funnier than the fictional comedy that Rogen made.

Thanks for the link but that wasn't the report I was talking about. The one I was talking about aired this year (2014) and they had the Globe Trotters play a North Korean basketball team in the condition that the Supreme Leader would get to meet Dennis Rodman. Kim Jung-un sat next to Dennis Rodman during the game and then took the entire American entourage out to his place to get drunk! It was surreal!

Mike S

Well ***** is reporting that RC Racer is the only cloned attraction coming to DHS, woody's round up is coming which is the retimed maters, and then the new luigis attraction will come to DHS with a Buzz theme. They expect an announcement at D23 expo.
Cool. Finally an LPS ride for WDW :) Not the kind we all want and are begging for, but it's a start. If this is actually true.

Cesar R M

Oh yes, what a hilarious set up. Let's make a comedy about assassinating another countries leader. If another country had concocted a movie about killing Obama, there would have been howls of indignation!
well, there was one about murdering bush...

To me, now, I thought The Interview was going to be a send up of the CIA's actual plans to assassinate Castro. If you want a good chuckle sometime, look that up. Some of the plots are more akin to Looney Toons than America's premier intelligence organization.

like the exploding cigar and the poisonous shaving foam?

Maybe if our president was a walking cartoon character like Un it would be. Some of the myths in the movie about un, like his ability to talk to dolphins, is actually something he has the people of N korea believe.

pretty sure that skill is already taken by shirtless putin :hilarious:

Please remember the No Politics rule. Thank you.

whoops, sorry mom :(

Cesar R M

Somewhat related, the estate of the rope course victim from last week filed suit.

hang on, what rope victim?

And that studio is Japanese (Sony). My grandmother thought the movie made fun of Americans as bad as it did the North Koreans. There was one Japanese-centric joke I picked up on that was hilarious. I already mentioned it in my last post... When they went to China, the Americans, after getting off the plane, greet there Chinese hosts: "konnichiwa!", all proud like they know the language! Lol
but the studios are US managed, arent they?

71jason

hang on, what rope victim?

Man fell to his death on the ropes course in Artegon Marketplace (the repurposed as a flea market Festival Bay Mall on I-Drive). Read elsewhere it seems like a clear-cut negligence case, basic safety measures were not followed.

The real question is if the p.r. hastens Artegon's demise--I already didn't see it lasting past Spring Break.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom