The Spirited Back Nine ...

the.dreamfinder

Man fell to his death on the ropes course in Artegon Marketplace (the repurposed as a flea market Festival Bay Mall on I-Drive). Read elsewhere it seems like a clear-cut negligence case, basic safety measures were not followed.

The real question is if the p.r. hastens Artegon's demise--I already didn't see it lasting past Spring Break.
Comcast is licking their chops.

RSoxNo1

Oh yes, what a hilarious set up. Let's make a comedy about assassinating another countries leader. If another country had concocted a movie about killing Obama, there would have been howls of indignation!
Just because the are both leaders of a country doesn't make them equal. One was democratically elected, the other is a heartless dictator. Obama jokes aside, this isn't apples and oranges here.

Having said all that, if another country made a movie about assassinating our President, the US wouldn't be happy about it, but counter threats on lives probably wouldn't be happening.

RSoxNo1

I think that's giving Rogen way too much credit. I watched it the other night and kept pausing it or switching windows to browse the net. It took me couple hours to actually get through the whole thing.

The Interview is as boring as it is crude. It's a shame there has been so much ink spilled and money lost over such a nothing movie.
It's a real missed opportunity, too. Vice's 2011 "Guide to North Korea" is both weirder and funnier than the fictional comedy that Rogen made.

I haven't watched it yet, but what this is doing is putting more eyes on a movie that otherwise wouldn't have seen it. People outside of the target market for this movie are seeing it and condemning it for not being Citizen Kane.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Man fell to his death on the ropes course in Artegon Marketplace (the repurposed as a flea market Festival Bay Mall on I-Drive). Read elsewhere it seems like a clear-cut negligence case, basic safety measures were not followed.

The real question is if the p.r. hastens Artegon's demise--I already didn't see it lasting past Spring Break.

What's really sad is, I knew the guy :(

PhotoDave219

I've got the complaint in my briefcase. Short version, the harness came disconnected & there was no second safety cable attached.

Soarin' Over Pgh

"With ketchup"
UBMeBjN.jpg

I laughed so hard at the initial "ground beef with ketchup" but this pic put me over the top. Printing it for my desk at work.

I'd also like to nominate this photo as the new logo of DHS. I think it captures the overall feel and opinion of the place quite nicely.

I always know where the line is.... Considering I travel beyond it so many times, I've gotten frequent flier miles for it

Dave, you got your FastPass plus reservations for that line and front row seats at that ;)

PhotoDave219

I laughed so hard at the initial "ground beef with ketchup" but this pic put me over the top. Printing it for my desk at work.

I'd also like to nominate this photo as the new logo of DHS. I think it captures the overall feel and opinion of the place quite nicely.

Dave, you got your FastPass plus reservations for that line and front row seats at that ;)

I have my own GAC.

BrerJon

That's just miserable.

Multiple rides with 3 to 4 hour waits. It's borderline criminal to charge people to put up with that. You would have to pay me to spend 12 hours in a park and only do 3 rides. 60 minute wait for Pirates? Imagine if they had FP+ there;)

For two of the busiest days of the year 60 minutes isn't that bad. WDW regularly - thanks to the beloved FastPass+ - can average 45 minutes for Pirates on a regular day.

Last edited:

BrerJon

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853096/

*edited to change link to one that functions

You can't really compare them, though. Death of a President wasn't a comedy, but a hypothetical docudrama about what might have happened in that situation - the point of it wasn't the killing of the President, but to raise questions about how things are done among the various Washington agencies, and how such a situation might come about and be handled, not made as some kind of perverse liberal wish-fulfilment or laugh-a-minute comedy.

Last edited:

BrerJon

Well ***** is reporting that RC Racer is the only cloned attraction coming to DHS, woody's round up is coming which is the retimed maters, and then the new luigis attraction will come to DHS with a Buzz theme. They expect an announcement at D23 expo.

That's good, RC is easily the best of the Playland rides. But what do all those who said we'd never see it in DHS because of sight lines say to that news?

the.dreamfinder

Possibly--may be a little too far north for them. I think if they wanted it, they would have it already. This make-over feels like a desperation move by a developer too cheap to commit to the initial plan of Yet Another Outdoor Lifestyle Center, ala the Outlets or Disney Springs.
The proximity to Millenia doesn't help either. It is possible they were unable to secure a deal for the land in the past.
On a Millenia related note, you guys should try Maoz Vegetarian if you happen to be there. We have one in Center City and it's the best.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For two of the busiest days of the year 60 minutes isn't that bad. WDW regularly - thanks to the beloved FastPass+ - can average 45 minutes for Pirates on a regular day.
It was just a joke about FP+:). I'm sure TDR is a fantastic place. I wouldn't be caught dead at any Disney park this week. Crowds are not my thing.

In all honesty I have been lucky enough to not experience waits anywhere near 45 minutes for POC since FP+ rolled out. Maybe I just got lucky, but according to touring plans the line at WDW POC did peak today over 45 minutes for a few hours mid-day but it was under 22 minutes most of the day and it was a 10 crowd day.

Bairstow

I haven't watched it yet, but what this is doing is putting more eyes on a movie that otherwise wouldn't have seen it. People outside of the target market for this movie are seeing it and condemning it for not being Citizen Kane.

Not me.
Maybe people were hoping for Team America: World Police but I just expected it to be as funny as Rogen's own Pineapple Express.
It's not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom