The Spirited Back Nine ...

Cesar R M

Photodave's head is exploding....or it will when he sees all this Star Wars info without spoiler tags. Lol
Will he ever return??

btw, for those who are unsure about why I am mispelling his name. Its an online joke... where the mispell his name on purpose every time you mention him.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/benedict-cumberbatch (see the "name generator" part.)

Some famous names:

Beetlejuice Cumberbund, Boilerdang Snugglesnatch, and Bulbasaur Countryside.

stevehousse

About to watch the mid season finale of The Walking Dead! (t-minus 5 minutes till wife is ready) some sh*t better go down!

Well, you likely weren't disappointed, as some ... stuff ... certainly went down. It wasn't nearly as big of a cliffhanger as some of their midseason efforts have been.

It was more devastating than cliffhangy...hated that went down. Loved the spoilery last 2 minutes though!

NearTheEars

What about all the shiz that went down in The Newsroom? Or am I only one who watches that?
Another great show. But I'm upset with Mr. Sorkin. How do you pitch a show to a network, then after just a couple of years say ... Yeah I don't think I can do anything else with it.:mad:

This season has been good. Still enjoyed the first season the most so far. And last night's episode was good.

Edit: didn't know the P word was banned.

Last edited:

ProfSavage

Another great show. But I'm at Mr. Sorkin. How do you pitch a show to a network, then after just a couple of years say ... Yeah I don't think I can do anything else with it.:mad:

This season has been good. Still enjoyed the first season the most so far. And last night's episode was good.

Yeah he seems to do that with a lot of his tv projects...

Little Green Men

Nice theming ... Gives a urban decay vibe to end your park visit. It looks like SHOW is well and truely dead at WDW.
The area that's never been themed and is not even finished yet is supposed to say that show is dead, even though it wasn't themed in Disney's "prime"? :banghead: The pics are also of places the eye can't see since he went over the wall. Seriously wait for it to finish before declaring it "urban decay". :rolleyes:

Soarin' Over Pgh

I like Girls. Adam Diver's character is easily the best written (and performed) one and he's grown into the role...and very well, at that. But I like that the show can be realistic in its harshness and uncertainty. You don't have that on a lot of shows. Most are feel good garbage about how funny life can be, Girls is rough and uncut and can be hard to swallow at times. That's what makes it good.

If it helps to solidify the opinion that my taste in television stinks, I also enjoy Orange is the New Black, I cried when Fringe ended, I STILL watch X Files, and I miss HBOs Oz and The Sopranos more than anything.

And I'm growing very impatient with Game Of Thrones. It's great when it's on, but for the other ten months of the year, it feels like forever. At this rate, I'll be 40 before the show wraps...and I'm 30 right now.

Back to Disney, I've really enjoyed their last handful of releases, both animated and live action. I liked Saving Mr Banks, not as much as I thought I would, but it was a solid film. I love what they're doing with the Marvel world and can't wait for the next batch of Marvel movies next year. I have faith they will do Star Wars justice and I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about this time next year....that anticipation is awesome :)

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I dont know, I will have to see the series.
I had the mistake of watching the US version (with a female watson) and I was facepalming. As it was "Doctor House" Meets "Monk".

As for cumblingpants .. I found his acting as Khan as forced and kinda bad.
Yet girls were all over him.

There really is no comparison. Sherlock (BBC) is very well done, Cumberbatch and Freeman are excellent as Sherlock and Watson. Do yourself the favor and watch it on Netflix!

OSUgirl77

I like Girls. Adam Diver's character is easily the best written (and performed) one and he's grown into the role...and very well, at that. But I like that the show can be realistic in its harshness and uncertainty. You don't have that on a lot of shows. Most are feel good garbage about how funny life can be, Girls is rough and uncut and can be hard to swallow at times. That's what makes it good.

If it helps to solidify the opinion that my taste in television stinks, I also enjoy Orange is the New Black, I cried when Fringe ended, I STILL watch X Files, and I miss HBOs Oz and The Sopranos more than anything.

And I'm growing very impatient with Game Of Thrones. It's great when it's on, but for the other ten months of the year, it feels like forever. At this rate, I'll be 40 before the show wraps...and I'm 30 right now.

Back to Disney, I've really enjoyed their last handful of releases, both animated and live action. I liked Saving Mr Banks, not as much as I thought I would, but it was a solid film. I love what they're doing with the Marvel world and can't wait for the next batch of Marvel movies next year. I have faith they will do Star Wars justice and I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about this time next year....that anticipation is awesome :)
Waiting for GoT is KILLING me. And don't feel bad, I still watch X-Files AND Star Trek:TNG. :)

Agree about Star Wars, I think Abrams will do a great job with it. He can't do worse than Episodes 1-3, anyway. :) I really liked what he did with Star Trek and I thought I would hate those movies since I'm such a fan of the original.

flyerjab

It's brilliant.
The only flaw is that they only do three (90min) episodes every few years.

That show is excellent. The one thing that the Cumberbatch does in that show that impresses me is how he is able to memorize these mile long sentences and delivers them absolutely flawlessly. The scenes where he dissects the crime scene and recreates what happened amaze me. You have to watch it to appreciate the speed at which he delivers these huge chunks of dialogue. And the show itself is a great modern take on a classic story.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The area that's never been themed and is not even finished yet is supposed to say that show is dead, even though it wasn't themed in Disney's "prime"? :banghead: The pics are also of places the eye can't see since he went over the wall. Seriously wait for it to finish before declaring it "urban decay". :rolleyes:

You see that's the problem it IS finished there will be no theming applied. What used to be a service and evacuation corridor is now a regular guest area with no theming and random junk strewn around.

So yes it is representative of the death of SHOW at WDW and the decay of standards at WDW.

If want to see alleyways I can go to any metro area and see them for free. But I guess you don't need theming because WDW is a BUSINESS and theming at a theme park is a wasteful excess.

Mike S

You see that's the problem it IS finished there will be no theming applied. What used to be a service and evacuation corridor is now a regular guest area with no theming and random junk strewn around.

So yes it is representative of the death of SHOW at WDW and the decay of standards at WDW.

If want to see alleyways I can go to any metro area and see them for free. But I guess you don't need theming because WDW is a BUSINESS and theming at a theme park is a wasteful excess.
Is it finished? From what I saw it looks like they're still doing more. There's still construction equipment back there.

Soarin' Over Pgh

My local amusement park has a handful of rides running, but themes the entire park to "winter spirit" with lights galore and people pay solid good money to walk around the same old tired amusement park, only this time, in th dark, but decked out with millions of lights. It's ridiculous. Too cold for roller coasters, the rides that are open have insane lines, and everyone is freaking freezing because it's like 20 on a good night here.

Point being, people will pay for theming.

For a company the size of Disney and the parks with the reps that they have, every thing should be themed and appropriate ....including the Tangled Toilets.

Obviously this is still under construction, but it would be great for it to open to the overflow crowds with a general theme and sense of purpose other than mass herding to the exit.

Lost opportunity, though, to add in more merchandise stores and maybe a Starbucks. Or even just mimick the stores on main street. But I guess that would require a larger budget, and keeping it open permanently which I honestly don't see as a bad thing. I've been in the mass herd to the exit on a non busy (going by the numbers) night and an alternatI've would have been awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom