The Spirited 11th Hour ...

AEfx

I totally understand that. But Disney has gone out of their way to work with 'enemies' and 'allies' alike...not a lot of big companies do that effectively.

But that's not likely how it really happened. Disney has basically strong-armed those services into joining up with DMA - you'll notice, those same providers also sell Disney digital films. They didn't have much choice other than to join if they wanted to keep selling Disney Digital products.

As a consumer, it's a win - but let's not pretend Disney just went around and charmed everyone - it was more likely "do this or lose our catalog".

Rodan75

But that's not likely how it really happened. Disney has basically strong-armed those services into joining up with DMA - you'll notice, those same providers also sell Disney digital films. They didn't have much choice other than to join if they wanted to keep selling Disney Digital products.

As a consumer, it's a win - but let's not pretend Disney just went around and charmed everyone - it was more likely "do this or lose our catalog".

You are probably right, but it is still some savvy negotiating skill. They have gotten bitter technology rivals to cohabitate on the same digital infrastructure. The Ultraviolet alliance hasn't been able to negotiate similar access and those studios have as much/or more valuable libraries as DIS.

AEfx

You are probably right, but it is still some savvy negotiating skill. They have gotten bitter technology rivals to cohabitate on the same digital infrastructure. The Ultraviolet alliance hasn't been able to negotiate similar access and those studios have as much/or more valuable libraries as DIS.

Right, but the distribution of those films under Ultraviolet isn't in question or directly related to Ultraviolet. Disney can easily say "participate in DMA, or you don't get to carry our library anymore". Given how DMA is a couple of years old and suddenly all these new places are available for it, I am betting that when all the contracts were due, Disney slid it in there.

Again, though - good for consumers, so yay on that.

Ultraviolet works great unless someone has foolishly actually paid for a walled-off iTunes video library. In terms of digital copies, it works gangbusters - you can watch on virtually any device. They just aren't hooked up to the iTunes or Amazon eco-systems. You can still watch UV on any Apple Device, you just have to use a different app (Flixter, Vudu, etc.).

Nubs70

Depends on whether you count The Eye of Palpetine, the Torpedo Sphere, The Tarkin, or the Death Star Prototype.

We've had Two actual Death Stars (A New Hope and ROTJ) and one Starkiller base (TFA).

Hope that helps.
Thanks... I think you headed off an Abbott and Costello incident.

So TFA was a Starkiller and not simply a really really big Death Star?

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Depends on whether you count The Eye of Palpetine, the Torpedo Sphere, The Tarkin, or the Death Star Prototype.

We've had Two actual Death Stars (A New Hope and ROTJ) and one Starkiller base (TFA).

Hope that helps.

And a Death Star Prototype if we are talking EU... also if I can just rant here and just geek out... in the trailer they show the Lazer Dish being inserted into the Death Star however in episode III it is shown above being part of the superstructure and the rest of the battlestation being built around it. It's a minor detail but it's an issue (to me anyway)

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I totally understand that. But Disney has gone out of their way to work with 'enemies' and 'allies' alike...not a lot of big companies do that effectively.
I agree.

The reality is that they are both competitors and allies depending on the department or business unit. Most companies will work with a competitor if it is beneficial to the bottom line, it's just business.

FigmentJedi

And a Death Star Prototype if we are talking EU... also if I can just rant here and just geek out... in the trailer they show the Lazer Dish being inserted into the Death Star however in episode III it is shown above being part of the superstructure and the rest of the battlestation being built around it. It's a minor detail but it's an issue (to me anyway)
What we saw in Episode 3 could have just been a socket for the final laser disc. Would be consistent with more recent material like Rebels suggesting that the acquisition of the rare giant Kyber Crystals (essentially lightsaber crystals the length of a bus) used to power the lasers came a little later in the process.

Cesar R M

Thanks... I think you headed off an Abbott and Costello incident.

So TFA was a Starkiller and not simply a really really big Death Star?
Well, the TFA's didnt only destroy planets (multiple in this case). but also ate a star to fire its main weaponry..

The Bothan spies were mentioned in Ep VI with the second Death Star.
dont ruin my joke good sir!! XD

truecoat

You know that's what the Rogue Two sequel will be about, right?

Great, a movie populated with these guys? I like to think that many bothans died because someone ran them over on the way to the Rebellion.

BothanNEGAS.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom