The Spirited 11th Hour ...

Rutt

I love this. It still makes me sick every time I pay for one of the "value" hotels (more mo than ho!) and realize I'm actually paying for a stay at a "Disney Motel 6" for about three times the price of a regular one. Yuck.
I know my children love the theming at motel 6, very kid friendly. The pool parties and the movies under the stars too. The gift shops, food courts and free shuttles to and from the airport and to and from their favourite attractions are also amazing at any local motel 6.

Yup. Very similar.
:rolleyes:

Long story short, there's more to a hotel than the bed you're sleeping in. I'll see myself out now.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I know my children love the theming at motel 6, very kid friendly. The pool parties and the movies under the stars too. The gift shops, food courts and free shuttles to and from the airport and to and from their favourite attractions are also amazing at any local motel 6.

Yup. Very similar.
:rolleyes:

Long story short, there's more to a hotel than the bed you're sleeping in. I'll see myself out now.

We'll leave the light on...

BrerJon

I'd take Eisner back in a second as CEO.

So would I potentially, depending on which Eisner we got - I'll take the one that built Typoon Lagoon and Pleasure Island, thanks - but ten years ago during the SaveDisney days, if you'd told me one day I'd be happy to have Eisner back, I'd have said you were insane! Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Rodan75

I don't understand the Value hotel bashing. We stayed at All Star Music mid-Dec and not only are the hotels on-site, but they were the cheapest option for at least 10 miles around Disney. We paid roughly 80 per night for the week.

I agree that they are Motel 6 / Super 8 style rooms and they get insanely beat up during their use. We were there during two different student competitions and the amount of inside and outside painting, cleaning and maintenance that had to happen (and was completed within 24 hours) due to abuse was shocking.

Those hotels serve a specific purpose and are priced in line with competition (and sometimes better).

I don't know why folks try to propagate this myth that there are tons of quality options near and around property that are cheaper / better than the values. (Now the moderates and deluxes are a different story entirely).

Quinnmac000

I don't understand the Value hotel bashing. We stayed at All Star Music mid-Dec and not only are the hotels on-site, but they were the cheapest option for at least 10 miles around Disney. We paid roughly 80 per night for the week.

I agree that they are Motel 6 / Super 8 style rooms and they get insanely beat up during their use. We were there during two different student competitions and the amount of inside and outside painting, cleaning and maintenance that had to happen (and was completed within 24 hours) due to abuse was shocking.

Those hotels serve a specific purpose and are priced in line with competition (and sometimes better).

I don't know why folks try to propagate this myth that there are tons of quality options near and around property that are cheaper / better than the values. (Now the moderates and deluxes are a different story entirely).

Not the cheapest. Shades of Green is the cheapest on property but that is limited to just DOD members and their guests though

FigmentForver96

I agree. I stayed at the All Star Movies resort a few years ago and was very impressed. After reading the general consensus on here, I thought I'd be rolling up into a shady looking Red Roof Inn on Elm Street or something. I actually had better CM service there than I've had on my last few stays at the so-called "deluxe" resorts across property. But I digress.
Pop Century is a great one. Always been clean and the service is spot on.

Cesar R M

Not the cheapest. Shades of Green is the cheapest on property but that is limited to just DOD members and their guests though
Isnt the Swan technically the best value for its class?
Only problem is, no Disney style themeing.

but meh.. I'm always loving POR and AKL best..

Nj4mwc

Shades of green is not the cheapest unless you are e1- e4, the rates are a sliding scale based on rank, very nice rooms but transportation to parks is terrible, great place to stay if you want to golf though

flynnibus

Premium Member
Shades of green is not the cheapest unless you are e1- e4, the rates are a sliding scale based on rank, very nice rooms but transportation to parks is terrible, great place to stay if you want to golf though

Even at my fathers high rank... I think they are about 120-150 a night. That's still a steal compared to the alts on property. The loss of free parking at the parks, and now the fp+ changes sure go against the place tho

Rutt

Yikes. Harsh. I see what you're saying but I was actually referring to the rooms themselves. Tiny. Hard mattresses. Clean?
If you've been there, you do know what I mean. Happy Sunday.
then the comment doesn't make much sense as you would understand that you're not really paying three times the price for the same thing are you? I've stayed at the all stars on all three trips (split the last one with AKL) and always found them clean. I wouldn't accept anything less.

Magenta Panther

One thing I really hope Bob Weis will look at is the poor quality of Philharmagic's 3D movie. It's been jittery and blurry the last two times I visited WDW. It really deserves to get an upgrade that's as sharp as Star Tours'. The fact that Philharmagic's movie hasn't been improved for so long is making me kinda nervous. I hope it's not going bye-bye too...

SirLink

One thing I really hope Bob Weis will look at is the poor quality of Philharmagic's 3D movie. It's been jittery and blurry the last two times I visited WDW. It really deserves to get an upgrade that's as sharp as Star Tours'. The fact that Philharmagic's movie hasn't been improved for so long is making me kinda nervous. I hope it's not going bye-bye too...

That will be more the realm of the GM of Fantasyland. However that attraction needs decent CGI versions of the characters ... I vaguely remember hearing something of an upgrade being in the works - one would hope that would be a quick project that could be installed or could be completed quickly.

DisDan

On the subject of nice hotels that are NOT Disney owned, provide a great value, and are on site, my family always stays at the Wyndham @ Bonnet Creek and we love it. They have several themed pools, very nice multi bedroom suites and usually way more affordable than any of the moderate / deluxe Disney offerings. Even when we get their upgraded presidential suites, which are very fine indeed.

Last edited:

FigmentForver96

T
On there subject of nice hotels that are NOT Disney owned, provide a great value, and are on site, my family always stays at the Wyndham @ Bonnet Creek and we love it. They have several themed pools, very nice multi bedroom suites and usually way more affordable than of the moderate / deluxe Disney offerings. Even when we get their upgraded presidential suites, which are very find indeed.
The place was ok. They would not leave us alone about stupid timeshares. They came knocking at six in the morning and when we didn't answer they came back every hour until we left for the park. They then stopped us in the looby every day to try and get us to sit and do this timeshare. The pool was nice though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom