The Spirited 11th Hour ...

peter11435

That will be more the realm of the GM of Fantasyland. However that attraction needs decent CGI versions of the characters ... I vaguely remember hearing something of an upgrade being in the works - one would hope that would be a quick project that could be installed or could be completed quickly.
That is well above the GM of fantasyland..

Cesar R M

T

The place was ok. They would not leave us alone about stupid timeshares. They came knocking at six in the morning and when we didn't answer they came back every hour until we left for the park. They then stopped us in the looby every day to try and get us to sit and do this timeshare. The pool was nice though
that seems very usual nowadays. I got the same.. a dude trying to shove their offer.. including discounted hotel rooms for a lot of places.. with the catch of having to endure a 3 hour presentation of Hilton's timeshare when we were trying to get information of Uni (the Hilton booth was next to the Uni's booth inside the Double tree by Hilton at Uni Florida)

Nubs70

T

The place was ok. They would not leave us alone about stupid timeshares. They came knocking at six in the morning and when we didn't answer they came back every hour until we left for the park. They then stopped us in the looby every day to try and get us to sit and do this timeshare. The pool was nice though
I stayed there last February. I got the initial pitch when checking in and that was it.

Lord Starwalker

Isnt the Swan technically the best value for its class?
Only problem is, no Disney style themeing.

but meh.. I'm always loving POR and AKL best..

Yes, the Swan and Dolphin hotels both offer an amazing value. The location on Crescent Lake gives you access to the same boat transportation that you get when staying at the Boardwalk or the Beach Club. Plus, all of the guest rooms have just been renovated at both the Swan and Dolphin.

Cesar R M

One thing I really hope Bob Weis will look at is the poor quality of Philharmagic's 3D movie. It's been jittery and blurry the last two times I visited WDW. It really deserves to get an upgrade that's as sharp as Star Tours'. The fact that Philharmagic's movie hasn't been improved for so long is making me kinda nervous. I hope it's not going bye-bye too...
they could improve Its Tought to be a Bug as well...

And jesus.. they should fix Stitch animatronic on Tomorrowland. Its falling APART.
in january 4.. It was starting to rip on his face.. :(

SirLink

That is well above the GM of fantasyland..

What to make sure the film is free from dust bunnies? To Clean the carpet and clean the upholstery in that room. That is very much the buck stops with the GMs.

Obviously a new film would require approval of Burbank. Never said the Fantasyland GM had that sought of power.

WDW1974

Original Poster
An example of what kind of culture Chappie will truly need to change if he wants things done "quicker and cheaper": for the demolition and prep work scheduled for The Corpse of The Disney-MGM Studios (no, fanbois, meeting and rubbing yourself up against an CM pretending to be Kylo Ren isn't a reason to plan a visit!) isn't divided into a few jobs (or contractors) or even five or six.

Hell, no, this is Disney we are talking about. So, last time I checked the number was in the 'hood of 60 separate ones. Think about that.

You just can't do massive projects like this. So good luck to Chappie!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Like I said in my first post, moving walkways are rare, are they not? I typically only encounter them in airports where I assumed they are there to help speed up your walk to the gate.

It would be different if they were installed all over the place.
Guess that's why I'm confused.
Maybe I don't get out enough.

Could be.

Mike S

they could improve Its Tought to be a Bug as well...

And jesus.. they should fix Stitch animatronic on Tomorrowland. Its falling APART.
in january 4.. It was starting to rip on his face.. :(
What a shame. He's one of the most impressive animatronic characters I've ever seen.

PhotoDave219

An example of what kind of culture Chappie will truly need to change if he wants things done "quicker and cheaper": for the demolition and prep work scheduled for The Corpse of The Disney-MGM Studios (no, fanbois, meeting and rubbing yourself up against an CM pretending to be Kylo Ren isn't a reason to plan a visit!) isn't divided into a few jobs (or contractors) or even five or six.

Hell, no, this is Disney we are talking about. So, last time I checked the number was in the 'hood of 60 separate ones. Think about that.

"Faster and cheaper?"

Sounds like doing "more with less"

I know how this ends.

peter11435

What to make sure the film is free from dust bunnies? To Clean the carpet and clean the upholstery in that room. That is very much the buck stops with the GMs.

Obviously a new film would require approval of Burbank. Never said the Fantasyland GM had that sought of power.
I thought you were referring to upgrading the film to be as sharp as star tours.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
"Faster and cheaper?"

Sounds like doing "more with less"

I know how this ends.

We all do. For the guest it means we will pay far more for far less, As for WDW the Cardboard Olaf's will be printed on re-purposed cardboard (ie the shipping cartons the merch came from china in).

Examples can be seen in the launch bay where the simulated 'death star' lighting instead of being vacuum formed plastic is simply painted on with no tromp l' oeil effect even attempted as a poor man's 3D.

Exactly Cesar, which is why you will never ever see an expansion of the Monorail system. If they could figure out a way to get rid of what is there without having a riot on their hands, they would do that.

My wife and i had a conversation driving through property the other day about this...when we were young (and WDW was still "fresh"), riding the Monorail was a big part of the WDW experience. Now it's questionable, at best. I'd love to see it expand to the other parks, but the expense and rising awareness of safety concerns probably make it extremely unlkely.

Kevin_W

One wonders if it is possible to make a thread without pet nicknames for WDW staff and degrading comments about visitors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom