The Spirited 11th Hour ...

BrianLo

Hi Spirit, any idea on what the FL expansion at DL will consist of? I'm pretty sure a Frozen attraction... But do you think it will be more like the elaborate Tokyo trackless ride or the Epcot overlay? Also, any chance we get something other than Frozen? Like a BATB dark ride?

These things have a tendency to morph and it is year(s) away from breaking ground. Proper Frozen E-ticket (yes), the Arrendale Castle (no), Be our Guest (yes), BATB dark ride (hopefully), Tangled (one other possibility).

Moana is also on the horizon well before this is a done deal, so you never really know depending how that performs.

Also the proper management is now installed (Weis) so I don't believe we'll be seeing more New Fantasyland or Maelstrom-type errors. In theory Marvel in DCA should come well before this as well and that still needs final green-lighting.

doctornick

These things have a tendency to morph and it is year(s) away from breaking ground. Proper Frozen E-ticket (yes), the Arrendale Castle (no), Be our Guest (yes), BATB dark ride (hopefully), Tangled (one other possibility).

Moana is also on the horizon well before this is a done deal, so you never really know depending how that performs.

Also the proper management is now installed (Weis) so I don't believe we'll be seeing more New Fantasyland or Maelstrom-type errors. In theory Marvel in DCA should come well before this as well and that still needs final green-lighting.

Then, in the same regard, I wonder what the status or planning is for the MK Frontierland expansion?

mickEblu

That's a good point. I don't think Weis would allow a very anticipated Frozen attraction to be a disappointment. Im betting the two main "attractions" in the FL extension will be BOG and a Frozen ride but I would much rather have a BATB ride over BOG. Not holding my breath though. Someone mentioned a BATB version of Mystic Manor as an idea which I think would make for a great attraction.

Hmmmm I don't know about Moana. I don't think theme wise it really works in FL. Maybe something in Aladdins Oasis in adventureland? Assuming it's a success of course.

Fox&Hound

That's a good point. I don't think Weis would allow a very anticipated Frozen attraction to be a disappointment. Im betting the two main "attractions" in the FL extension will be BOG and a Frozen ride but I would much rather have a BATB ride over BOG. Not holding my breath though. Someone mentioned a BATB version of Mystic Manor as an idea which I think would make for a great attraction.

Hmmmm I don't know about Moana. I don't think theme wise it really works in FL. Maybe something in Aladdins Oasis in adventureland? Assuming it's a success of course.

Yeah let's wait until Moana is a hit lest it be like a little dinosaur that was good. Love the idea of a Tangled ride- yes, please. As much as people enjoy Toontown, if it's replaced by a frozen ride, restaurant, and another ride I think people will forgive the changes.

TP2000

The walk from the Anaheim parking lot looks like it will be no worse than the "you are so close staying on property" walk from the Paradise Pier Hotel to the Esplenade. Maybe they should install a walking sidewalk through the course of DTD?
That walk is cut in half by taking the monorail in, or by entering DCA via the Grand Californian as guests of all three Disneyland Resort Hotels may do. Especially at the end of the night when you are heading back to your room.

The more valid comparison is the walk for the day guests parking at Mickey & Friends. The walk from Pumbaa is longer than that distance, and yet Pressler and Eisner installed a massive tram system for that structure in 1999.

Why wouldn't Bob Chapek spend much less money on moving sidewalks than Pressler spent on trams for Chapek's new 5,000 space structure to be built in 2016-17?

the.dreamfinder

I would think Moana would be a better fit for Adventureland, right?

Cesar R M

If we were to be really truthful we would acknowledge that it really isn't very often that the Monorails aren't functioning. Everything mechanical, buses, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, boats, trains, airplanes, refrigerators, televisions and the list goes on and on occasionally requires repair. This idea that because some "Disney Magic" exists will prevent that stuff from ever having a problem is so embedded in Pixie Dust that it is impossible to breath sometimes. When you consider the miles that that equipment runs up every single year, it's a wonder they don't just fall off the rail.
The difference is, when a boat or a bus is down, another can easily pick up the mess.
while the monorail is stuck, all other monorails are also stuck until the problematic one is towed out. isn't it right?

Cesar R M

You bring me any type of homemade baked good, and I will your blind follower for a good while ;)

Finally!! It is a cute and fun little show, but it has certainly over stayed its welcome
now the question is, they will put another show to replace it? or simply cut down the entertainment completely?

Goofyernmost

The difference is, when a boat or a bus is down, another can easily pick up the mess.
while the monorail is stuck, all other monorails are also stuck until the problematic one is towed out. isn't it right?
Exactly Cesar, which is why you will never ever see an expansion of the Monorail system. If they could figure out a way to get rid of what is there without having a riot on their hands, they would do that.

Cesar R M

Exactly Cesar, which is why you will never ever see an expansion of the Monorail system. If they could figure out a way to get rid of what is there without having a riot on their hands, they would do that.
they would need to have double beams and add transfer beams every ... what? 15 beams?
that would be hella $$$$$$$.

Unless they pull a Tony Stark and find a way to make a monorail that is not "clinging" to the beam in the same way the Disney ones do.

Goofyernmost

they would need to have double beams and add transfer beams every ... what? 15 beams?
that would be hella $$$$$$$.

Unless they pull a Tony Stark and find a way to make a monorail that is not "clinging" to the beam in the same way the Disney ones do.
They could also add walking platforms along the rail so people can get to safer places to come down. However, that would ruin the theme. Many cities with operating Monorails have those installed, but, there not trying to put on a show.
monorail_background_blue_clear_sky_cg9p2364719c_th.jpg

PhotoDave219

bribing.. or poisoning dave? there is a fine line between the two ;)

this seems to be prevalent in many of the new "crazeh" cult like fans of TFA.
Its even dangerous to say something bad in sites like tumblr lol.

That whole cult like thing... definitely a product of social media, especially the brand of people that are attracted to Disney. Now I love star wars, I like disney but I'm not going to go off the deep end if someone says they dont like it or have valid criticisms of the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom