The Spirited 11th Hour ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What does it say about the modern Walt Disney Company, Bob Iger's Disney, that they would place a $5000 per person super deluxe Aventures by Disney WDW vacation package as the first thing on its homepage?
https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/north-america/disney-world-cape-canaveral-tour/rates-dates/
View attachment 130982
EDIT: Seven Days, Six Nights at the Poly plus they throw in Kennedy Space Center

This is the new 'Wall St Dad's' Marketing campaign.

Mike S

What does it say about the modern Walt Disney Company, Bob Iger's Disney, that they would place a $5000 per person super deluxe Aventures by Disney WDW vacation package as the first thing on its homepage?
https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/north-america/disney-world-cape-canaveral-tour/rates-dates/
View attachment 130982
EDIT: Seven Days, Six Nights at the Poly plus they throw in Kennedy Space Center
Remember when every guest was supposed to be treated like a VIP?

peter11435

View attachment 130982
It's the Adventure by Disney site. Why wouldn't they advertise its newest offering on the front page. If this were the actually WDW site I would agree with you. But it's not.

Cesar R M

You guys discuss Kanye West and Walt Disney and no one posted this??

It was, just not in this thread. Kanye is a clown with huge ego.. also he's rolling in debt. hopefully he will stay there along with the trashdasians.

On the internet no on

No I'm not, Without going into NDA territory most home "routers" are based on Broadcom switching silicon, Technically it's a L3 switch because the switching (routing?) decision is made at the IP address level not at the MAC layer which because it's working at the IP layer people like to call it a router, But it's NOT a router because it DOES NOT implement a routing protocol even one as basic as RIP v2 or IPv6 RA's People like to call them 'routers' but they are not because they do not run a routing protocol.

A Broadcom based 'router' running factory software is a L3 switch, The same 'router' running Tomato is a 'REAL' router because under Tomato it supports routing advertisement of networks to other routers via the RIP and RIPv2 (CIDR support) you also get good stuff like VLAN's, VPN.

A example of one of the Wireless 'Routers' is the Broadcom 94717.

A final note switching is ALWAYS faster than routing because it happens at the hardware level and the decision is made in a silicon based lookup table.

allrightly.jpg

P_Radden

Kanye is a clown with huge ego.. also he's rolling in debt. hopefully he will stay there along with the trashdasians.

I like the way you put it...

I mean sure, his first album was good, but everything since is garbage. He sucks, but he'll do whatever publicity stunt it takes to try and remain relevant.

..But some out there still claim the man is a genius... I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. :banghead:

EDIT: I'll just leave this here since we are on the subject:

Last edited:

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
It doesn't matter how many networks there are. the chips are to route huge amounts of data, not to handle multiple networks, subnetworks..etc...
With the advent of fiber optics and 100Mbps plus fiber optic internets.. they are needed.
You're again confusing the functions of these HOME style Networking SOCs.
We're not talking enterprise that require CISCO and MANAGED stuff.
Most home hardware is processor based and garbage as a rule while most quality enterprise and carrier equipment is ASIC based.

Home networks with very high connection speeds should consider enterprise gear to provide security and low latency packet engines.

Cesar R M

Most home hardware is processor based and garbage as a rule while most quality enterprise and carrier equipment is ASIC based.

Home networks with very high connection speeds should consider enterprise gear to provide security and low latency packet engines.
Agree on that, most home hardware/OS is probably not as stable as enterprise. But you do not have to pay with a kidney.
Specially high end NetGear or ASUS (which are affordable).

I'm definitively not paying 1000+ USD for a Cisco 500+Mbps capable router when a ASUS can do 800Mbps+ just fine for 250 USD and have decent stability.
For a home or small SOHO(micro/small companies) they are enough.
Cisco would be when you need serious virtual lines and advanced security.

In my case... Most low and middle end home routers, choke and die after using multiple connections (like torrent, or aggregated sharing, which is very common now to distribute patches in mayor games). So those "high end" consumer ones are pretty good for someone who handles a lot of traffic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom